Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

Hoping more sign up. ;)

Don't forget who ever is attending make sure to research and give suggestions on what you are interested in.

I started working on our Biltmore Estate visit today. Since we will have over 20 people in our group, we will receive a special discount on our admission tickets. I'm working on special parking for our visit. We will need to arrive early on Sunday morning (8:30-9:00 am) to the estate to try and see as much as possible.

Are you trying to get the parking we had the last time!:lol:

I started working on our Biltmore Estate visit today. Since we will have over 20 people in our group, we will receive a special discount on our admission tickets. I'm working on special parking for our visit. We will need to arrive early on Sunday morning (8:30-9:00 am) to the estate to try and see as much as possible.

Ashevilletrip20092101.jpg

Ashevilletrip20092199.jpg

Ashevilletrip20092146.jpg

What a beautiful sight:rocker:

Ashevilletrip20092262.jpg

I forgot about the newspaper article, Bruce. Thanks for posting it. I will be great if we can get the same parking again at Biltmore!!:)

I spoke with Renee @ The Biltmore Estate & we should be able to park there again.

Trying to plan on joining the group in April by overcoming the schedule challenges it poses for us. Another problem; if my wife spends that much time in South Carolina she will most likely begin stalking Darius Rucker.

Is the "best" weekend for attending the first one (April 9 to 11 or so) or last?
If we can only commit to about half the trip or less, any recommendations as to which period (beginning or end) would be better?

Thanks! Steve

I guess it would depend on what you wanted to see and what works best with your schedule. Do I need to send Supa down to talk to the judge for you. :laugh::laugh:
We will be stopping in Asheville the first legg and visiting the Biltmore (maybe 1 or 2 days) After that we are heading to Charleston for sightseeing and possibly a trip down to Savannah, GA. Hope you can join us for any part of the trip. It will be great to see you again!!

Trying to plan on joining the group in April by overcoming the schedule challenges it poses for us. Another problem; if my wife spends that much time in South Carolina she will most likely begin stalking Darius Rucker.

Is the "best" weekend for attending the first one (April 9 to 11 or so) or last?
If we can only commit to about half the trip or less, any recommendations as to which period (beginning or end) would be better?

Thanks! Steve

Another problem; if my wife spends that much time in South Carolina she will most likely begin stalking Darius Rucker.

Thanks! Steve

I can lead the group in a drive past where he attended High School, as it is the same school from which I graduated! :chuckle

Thanks! Steve

Steve, the first weekend would be the better of the two, since we will be headed for home on Saturday 16th. I hope you can join us either in Asheville or in Charleston for whatever amount of time you can get free.

Biltmore visit options

We have a few options for our visit to The Biltmore Estate.
The first option is for us to take a group picture of the cars with the house in the background on Sunday morning. The picture would be taken before the gates open to the public @ 8:30 am, so there won't be any people in the background. We would have to leave our hotel on Sunday morning @ 6:30 am to arrive @ the front gate by 7:30 am. So...what I would like to know is, do you have an interest in doing the picture (it would be a cool picture) & if you think we can get everyone up early enough to leave by 6:30 am. The cost of doing the group picture is $100. After the pictures, we will be allowed to park the cars for the day, backed in against the Rampe Douce (aka the stone wall across the Esplande from the front of the house). I need to let them know ASAP to reserve our picture day.

The other option is, one or two day visit (Sunday & Monday). Once we decide on the number of days we plan on visiting, I can check into a group tour of the house. Check out the website and let me know what you would like to see and do.
http://biltmore.com/groups/visit.asp

We have a few options for our visit to The Biltmore Estate.
The first option is for us to take a group picture of the cars with the house in the background on Sunday morning. The picture would be taken before the gates open to the public @ 8:30 am, so there won't be any people in the background. We would have to leave our hotel on Sunday morning @ 6:30 am to arrive @ the front gate by 7:30 am. So...what I would like to know is, do you have an interest in doing the picture (it would be a cool picture) & if you think we can get everyone up early enough to leave by 6:30 am. The cost of doing the group picture is $100. After the pictures, we will be allowed to park the cars for the day, backed in against the Rampe Douce (aka the stone wall across the Esplande from the front of the house). I need to let them know ASAP to reserve our picture day.

The other option is, one or two day visit (Sunday & Monday). Once we decide on the number of days we plan on visiting, I can check into a group tour of the house. Check out the website and let me know what you would like to see and do.
http://biltmore.com/groups/visit.asp

I'm biting my tongue and keeping my mouth shut.:bash: I'll follow whatever the group decides. :worship:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom