Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Biltmore Estate Trip April 23-26

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
We are making plans for our trip to visit the Biltmore Estate in Asheville,NC. April 23-26. We will arrive in Asheville on Thursday April 23. We will tour the house and grounds on Friday. On Saturday we can return to the estate and/or find other fun things to do such as drive the Blueridge Parkway,visit downtown Asheville,visit Chimney Rock Park,etc. On Sunday we will head for home. You can find more info about the estate and the specialty tours at www.biltmore.com

We are looking into hotel packages, and will post the information soon.

Let us know if you would like to attend so we can get an idea of how large our group will be.

Bruce :wave:

Oh .... I am so jealous .... the Midwest Marauder's are already planning their first out and about! :rocker:

I will just be here and sulk and wish I was with you all .... and look forward to seeing you all in a couple of month's in San Antonio ...

Anyone wanting to travel with a fun group .... this is it ... You only need to bring your sense of humor and boots! :lol::lol:

Oh .... I am so jealous .... the Midwest Marauder's are already planning their first out and about! :rocker:

I will just be here and sulk and wish I was with you all .... and look forward to seeing you all in a couple of month's in San Antonio ...

Anyone wanting to travel with a fun group .... this is it ... You only need to bring your sense of humor and boots! :lol::lol:

RA, you guys could always fly out and join us. The estate grounds and gardens will be beautiful that time of year. Give it some thought.:)

I'd love to meet you guys everywhere you go .... but the one XLR event we are choosing this year is San Antonio. :party

I'd love to meet you guys everywhere you go .... but the one XLR event we are choosing this year is San Antonio. :party

We are thinking the same way. We will probably plan more trips with the Harleys this year, to keep the mileage down on the X for better resale value.:laugh::laugh:

Looks like maybe I'll become a Corvette guy down the road:dunno:, can't see myself buying a foreign vehicle.

You don't always have to bring the XLR isn't it about just us getting together as friends and having fun together. :dunno:

We are thinking the same way. We will probably plan more trips with the Harleys this year, to keep the mileage down on the X for better resale value.:laugh::laugh:

Looks like maybe I'll become a Corvette guy down the road:dunno:, can't see myself buying a foreign vehicle.

It's pretty surprising how little the mileage makes as long as the car is kept looking near-new. Go to the Kelly Blue Book site, for instance, and put in the condition, mileage, etc., and you'll see what little the extra mileage makes.

Sooo, drive our beautiful XLRs without overly worrying about the extra mileage. The joy we all receive driving these machines makes up for the loss of a relatively small amount of $$$$.

Floyd (BB)

You don't always have to bring the XLR isn't it about just us getting together as friends and having fun together. :dunno:

Ahhhhh, but Hawaii is beckoning as well .... so, we've narrowed the longer vacations to two .... San Antonio and Hawaii ....

AMEN!

It's about enjoying life!

Kathy :wave:

Super Freak, I hope you and Cubby can join us this year. It's not a party without the Super Freak.:lol:

My 06-V just turned 30,000 and an elderly couple came up to me and my daughter and remarked, "what I beautiful Cadillac, I didn't know they made sports model. I hope you enjoy it, did you just pick it up at the dealers?
Told her is was one month short of 3 years old and they couldn't believe it. The only thing I notice is the windshield pit marks from the two trips to BG. You'd think they could add something to glass when they are making it to make it more resilient. I only notice it when I'm heading into the sun and they are such small nicks. I know, don't drive into the sun.:laugh:
It's pretty surprising how little the mileage makes as long as the car is kept looking near-new. Go to the Kelly Blue Book site, for instance, and put in the condition, mileage, etc., and you'll see what little the extra mileage makes.

Sooo, drive our beautiful XLRs without overly worrying about the extra mileage. The joy we all receive driving these machines makes up for the loss of a relatively small amount of $$$$.

Floyd (BB)

Map of drive on saturday April 25

image_map-5.gif

This is the route we have come up with so far. We have had a lot of input from the "locals". We plan on driving it counter clockwise and make a few stops including a lunch stop in Brevard. We have Corvette friends that are going to drive the route next weekend.

Bruce

My son lives in Columbia SC and I was planning to drive up to see him around the time you guys are going to be at Biltmore. I'll follow this thread and maybe I can join up with everyone. :rocker:

We would love to have you join us. It should be a fun weekend. It will be nice to get to meet you.

Nothern caravan to Asheville,NC

Our Northern caravan will depart from the Northside of Indy @ 7:00 am Thursday April 23rd. We will take I-74 East to 275 to I-75 South to I-40 into Asheville.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back