Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bloomington Gold in Champaign, IL June 28-30

What time are we meeting on Saturday am? Need to plan my drive time. Bling not a morning person.

I find it shameful that you would blame typical Navy hours (10:30 am to 3:15 pm) on Miss Bling. I am certain she does more by 6:00 am each day than any Navy guy does in an entire week!

Steve

Just got a text from Alan. 10AM Arrival! "You will be in an area to the west of the gold club parking"

Bob

Guess we should try and meet up by 9:15-9:30?? Who is bringing the Longs donuts??

Chicago Dave, plan on being down by me about 8:00-8:15, I'll wait for you at exit 308. The 315 exit by me is still under reconstruction. Watch your speed through there, they are writing a lot of speeding tickets in the construction zone, BIG $$$$

Guess we should try and meet up by 9:15-9:30?? Who is bringing the Longs donuts??

Chicago Dave, plan on being down by me about 8:00-8:15, I'll wait for you at exit 308. The 315 exit by me is still under reconstruction. Watch your speed through there, they are writing a lot of speeding tickets in the construction zone, BIG $$$$

You got it Cubby; we'll leave by 6am, should be there between 8:00-8:15. Thanks for the heads up on "authorities". :wave: I don't have any Longs up by me. :(

If I stopped & got a box of Long's, you know they wouldn't make it to the Indiana state line! :lol:

Put them in the back of your car!! I know your arms aren't that long. :lol::lol:

If I stopped & got a box of Long's, you know they wouldn't make it to the Indiana state line! :lol:

An enclosed car hauler with 4 vettes inside discovered that a 12 ft semi does not go nicely under a 11'10" ft railroad bridge in Champaign today.

Big oops. TV news said that one car, the trailer and the tractor was damaged. Bridge OK.

http://illinoishomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=504562

Bob

PJ just found out I'm going and she want to go, too. Any other couples in our group?

I was planning to make it a one day, up and back; may need to change that plan if PJ and Supa get together.

An enclosed car hauler with 4 vettes inside discovered that a 12 ft semi does not go nicely under a 11'10" ft railroad bridge in Champaign today.

Big oops. TV news said that one car, the trailer and the tractor was damaged. Bridge OK.

Corvette-carrying truck stuck under viaduct

Bob

That happened on the railroad once too. They had reworked the track and raised it a couple inches and the road foreman knew the height from previous trips, but didn't know it was raised. Got a high value load stuck under a bridge. He also found a different job!

Dinner reservations at Silvercreek in Urbana at 1800 (6 PM) for 8.

Bob

So is Paula.

I got a message back from Alan. He will be ready for us. Many street closures. I'll figure out how to get us in there.

Bob

Starting to Happen!

On the way home this evening, there were dozens and dozens of corvettes heading north on I57. One group of 40 or so, and other groups of 10 and less.

Marc and I will have tents and a couple of chairs. Kevin has a cooler. Bring a hat, maybe your FRS radio, chair, a pile of cash or cc with plenty of headroom. My cell#; 217 254 9535. OK to text to that number.

Now I'm off to overhaul the dryer that shucked a fan blade.... I should be mowing and cleaning the car.

Bob

Well, it took some haggling and the kindness of others, but one more step in the Elwood transformation to Autocross racer is a little closer.

I've been after a Z06 front spring (25909598) for a few months and every time I think I've found one it turns out it was mislabel/mis-identified. Found one at the Bloomington Gold swap meet yesterday morning, but initially the seller wanted too much for it. Evidently, without my knowledge, PJ had a talk with him. :confused: After lunch downtown at the "Blues, Brews, BBQs Festival"; we went back to the swap meet. The seller was willing to negotiate and we haggled for a bit, then he even threw in some extra parts/pieces and I was sold. Unfortunately, I would have to disassemble and retrieve the extras so I walked over to another swap meet seller and, with a significant deposit, I rented the tools he had for sale that I needed. After I was done, I cleaned and returned the tools in as new condition to the sellers delight - he gave me back ALL my money and said, "Anyone willing to get dirty at a Corvette event and still clean the tools; earns my respect." I must have looked like a real grease monkey carting that spring 1/2 mile back to the car.

Speaking of Autocross, 1/4 mile from Bob's work is where Bloomington Gold setup their own autocross course in the parking lot of Parkville College. PJ and I arrived early (have to wash the car upon arrival or Cubby and Mark will talk about me:(), car wash was quick and we had a little time before meeting with the MMs. Went over to the autocross and I explained to her how everything works. It just so happened one of the STLSolo racers I know was there wringing out his C6 A6 Vert.(He's the guy I finally beat last week) He offered PJ a ride. And, daredevil that she is, she accepted. She didn't like having to mess up her hair wearing a helmet, but afterwards she said it was quite a Rush, "Just like riding a roller coaster!" I was shocked at how much she enjoyed it. I still am. :dunno: OBTW, he and his car were consistently 2-4 seconds faster than I and in the following video, with PJ in the car, he set fastest lap of the day by 2 seconds. CLICK THE IMAGE TO WATCH.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom