Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cindy having surgery

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
Thought I'd let everyone know that Cindy (my wife) is having knee replacement surgery this coming Friday, January 29. She had arthroscopic in February, '09 to repair a couple meniscus tears, but her right knee has never gotten any better. So, she decided to have this done so she will be able to do what she wants... without limping and pain.

Thought I'd let everyone know that Cindy (my wife) is having knee replacement surgery this coming Friday, January 29. She had arthroscopic in February, '09 to repair a couple meniscus tears, but her right knee has never gotten any better. So, she decided to have this done so she will be able to do what she wants... without limping and pain.
Tell her she will be in our thoughts hope all goes well with the operation and recovery rehap.

Fred & Ingrid:wave:

Goodluck to Cindy. Hope everything goes well. You and Cindy will be in our thoughts and prayers. You make sure and be a good nurse for Cindy. :wave:

Kevin & Marion

Cindy will be in my thoughts and prayers and I know everything will go well when she is in surgery. I am seriously considering a house just down the street that has a guest room on the first floor so she will not have to climb all those steps the next time you come for a visit. It is slightly larger than my present home, somewhat over 3000 Sq Ft. Two more guest rooms on the second floor. Too bad it wasn't for sale when I bought this one. Looking forward to seeing you in May and Cindy will be ready to climb the mountains.

Did she wear out her knee from kicking you under the table all of the time? :lol:

Tell Cindy we're glad she's doing in now so that she will be ready to walk her socks off in Colorado ...

Hugs to her .... oh, and make sure she has plenty of that sweet wine around when she gets home! :love:

Mt please let us know how Mrs. Mt is doing after the surgery. Believe it or not we do care about her and we want to know how she is.

Mt please let us know how Mrs. Mt is doing after the surgery. Believe it or not we do care about her and we want to know how she is.

Thanks for ALL your well wishes. I KNOW you all care about her... otherwise I would have never posted this thread. Of course I'll keep you up to date on her recovery...

Her boss at work paid to have Internet set up at the house and also paid for gotomypc.com. Apparently he knows he can't do without her during her 6 week recovery.Gotomypc.com is a very interesting program... once I donwloaded it to her work computer and set it up here on the one at home, she can access her work computer here. It's just like looking at her work desktop and everything she does here, is saved there... pretty amazing!!!

Update

Well, we went up for Cindy's surgery this morning and it ended up being cancelled for today. When she went in for her pre-op appt on the 18th, they found a low grade infection and put her on antibiotic for a week. This Tuesday evening when she got home from work, she was freezing and had a 100.9 degree fever and started taking Acetominophen. It seemed to have broken during the night and everything was fine. Throughout the day on Wednesday, a rash developed on her chest and the fever came back. We had pool league that night, which I went to and Cindy stayed home. On my way home, Cindy called me and we ended up going to the ER Wednesday night at 11:30. The Dr started an IV and gave her Prednisone, 50mg Benedril and a histamine blocker, which didn't seem to do much to the rash at all. Went home with a prescription for Benedril and Prednisone. When we went in this morning for the surgery, the rash seemed to be as bad as it was on Wednesday night. So, needless to say, when the prep nurse saw the rash on Cindy's leg, she got the nurse and then the Dr came in. After being real surprised the rash wasn't cleared up, he said that with the rash still as bad as it is, Cindy had a higher risk of infection and he just felt it better to postpone the surgery until the rash is cleared up. Cindy has an appt with her primary care physician and 11 this morning and hopefully it will get taken care of and the surgery will get done next Friday morning. I'll keep you posted.
Rod

Thanks for keeping us posted. Hopefully she will get that taken care of quickly and be able to have her surgery next week.
Get well soon Cindy. :wave:

Hmmm - yeah, Rod ... sometimes antibiotics can be worse than the infections. The Detail Guy has huge allergies now from so many antibiotics during the recovery from his accident. He also developed a Latex allergy from so many types of adhesives being on him for such an extended period of time .... now there's an interesting allergy ... everything you wear has Latex in it ;) ... :)

Tell Cindy we are thinking about her - maybe they will find an alternative correction for that knee .....
RA

Well I have not been on here lately so I did not know Cindy and you are going thru so much. :( Sorry to hear about all the bad news, but glad the Dr.s are taking the right steps in getting her better first. Hang in there you two! Let us know what happens when you can. We all care!;)

Missy Bling
Thanks for the update. I hope everything works out for Cindy.

Well I have not been on here lately so I did not know Cindy and you are going thru so much. :( Sorry to hear about all the bad news, but glad the Dr.s are taking the right steps in getting her better first. Hang in there you two! Let us know what happens when you can. We all care!;)

Missy Bling

Well, we're still in limbo... have surgery rescheduled for the 19th. Only problem with that is we have vacation scheduled for 3-26 through 4/5. Cindy was hoping to get a few days in at the office before we left on vacation, but guess that's not going to happen... unless the hospital has a cancellation earlier. Guess that could happen... after all, her's was cancelled!!

Sorry to hear about the problems but I found out long ago everything happens for a reason unfortunately we never know why. Tell Cindy to keep her chin up were all here for her.:)

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave:

Sorry to hear about the problems but I found out long ago everything happens for a reason unfortunately we never know why. Tell Cindy to keep her chin up were all here for her.:)

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave:

Atually, that's exactly what I told her. The Good Lord must have had a reason for Cindy not to have her surgery that day... and like you said... "unfortunately, we never know why."

UPDATE - Surgery tomorrow

The hospital called this morning with a cancellation for tomorrow at 12:30PM. The nurse checked Cindy's rash this afternoon and said, "It looks fine to go ahead with the surgery tomorrow." Just thought I'd let you all know...

The hospital called this morning with a cancellation for tomorrow at 12:30PM. The nurse checked Cindy's rash this afternoon and said, "It looks fine to go ahead with the surgery tomorrow." Just thought I'd let you all know...
Give her our love and will say a special prayer for her that all this is over and she is fully recovered very quickly.

Fred & Ingrid

Best of luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well and that she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything goes well. She is in our thoughts and prayers.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom