Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

Sounds like my type of traveling! I have thought of putting the car on a car hauler and flying the 1100 miles to Florida.
That's pretty interesting Julie .... how long does it take a hauler to get your car to Florida and where do they drop it off for you? And then do you drive it home?

My desire if for the car train to start in Colorado back to the midwest and on to DC. They have it from DC to Florida. Of course I would like it from Colorado to California also. You get on the train and your car is on the same train. You arrive at your destination and get your car and drive away. I had a lot of friends that used it from DC to Florida when they came down for the winters.

I agree. The golf cart photo wins "best Photo" hands down! Supa is the face of determination and MissyBling is the face of unbridled fun. What a pair.

That picture is priceless!! :lol::lol:

I agree. The golf cart photo wins "best Photo" hands down! Supa is the face of determination and MissyBling is the face of unbridled fun. What a pair.

That picture is priceless!! :lol::lol:

That picture cracks me up every time I look at. I'm going to have to figure out how to save it and use it as my screen saver. I look like I'm on a mission. Kris looks like here we go again. :laugh::laugh:

Kris and Mar, I love that picture. It would be a great screen saver.

I have necklaces for Julie, PJ, and Linda. I will deliver them at the fall drive. Does Linda need her's sent?

Paula

Kris and Mar, I love that picture. It would be a great screen saver.

I have necklaces for Julie, PJ, and Linda. I will deliver them at the fall drive. Does Linda need her's sent?

Paula

Paula,
I believe Linda isn't going to be able to make it to the fall drive. We need to have you sign up on here.
:wave:

That's pretty interesting Julie .... how long does it take a hauler to get your car to Florida and where do they drop it off for you? And then do you drive it home?

The auto train is not convenient leaving from DC and train travel is slow. I called a car hauler that I saw on the road last time we were traveling in the RV to ask for details. They pickup at your home and deliver to whatever location you prefer, the estimate from Indy to Ft. Myers Florida was $700 each way and I think that it would be delivered within 36 hours.

Paula,
I believe Linda isn't going to be able to make it to the fall drive. We need to have you sign up on here.
:wave:
I agree it would be a great screen saver - completely out of character for you:chuckle isn't it wonderful to have a friend like Kris to ride shot gun for you:cool:

Paula,
Thank you for the necklace. I hope that we can arrange to make the fall trip, we have a conflict due to family obligations.
Julie

Finally went through my pics of Bobfest '10:

Arriving in Mattoon, Friday evening
IMAG0157.jpg

Saturday morning at Bob's getting ready to head to Effingham.
IMAG0160.jpg

Our Official Sign girl, Missy Bling
IMAG0163.jpg

Breakfast Sunday mornoing at the Airport
IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

Cubby, nice pictures looks like you all had a really good time. Thanks for sharing.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

Something for next year; I spoke with our Airport Manager today regarding use of the big runway for high speed "test passes". We should be able to work out time on the mile long stretch!

He was out of town when I contacted him when you all were here. This will be fun!

Bob

Something for next year; I spoke with our Airport Manager today regarding use of the big runway for high speed "test passes". We should be able to work out time on the mile long stretch!

He was out of town when I contacted him when you all were here. This will be fun!

Bob

WOW!!! That would be a riot!!! Now I know,, keep my Sept. '11 open.

Bob

Very cool Bob! Fantastic way to draw more XLR's to Bobfest '11. Might need a couple more port-a-potties. :rocker:

Can't wait!

Bob

Great, now I'm going to have to jump into performance mod hell to be ready for next year.

P.S. The wheels I bought at FunFest are on backorder till 10 Nov. :banghead:

That S*CKS!! I know how anxious you were in Effingham to get them. Guess we'll have to have a party in December, so we can see them--or we'll be waiting 'til next year. (I know Scarlett-V won't be out in the winter weather.)

P.S. The wheels I bought at FunFest are on backorder till 10 Nov. :banghead:

That S*CKS!! I know how anxious you were in Effingham to get them. Guess we'll have to have a party in December, so we can see them--or we'll be waiting 'til next year. (I know Scarlett-V won't be out in the winter weather.)
I think I'll just leave them in the boxes till Spring. :burnout:

Did anybody else get a letter from M.A.M. today? I got one that said, "Congratulations, MAM is proud to call you part of the family." And enclosed was a $25 Promotion Card good for $25 off my next purchase.

Nice touch, since my wheels are still on backorder.

Bobfest 2011? Sept 16th - 18th, 2011

I spoke with Lori Worman from Mid America Motorworks today. MAM Funfest is welcoming us again this year! She says that she will block out prime spaces for our group again. I need to let her know by mid August the numbers. We will need to register as club members. The cost is the same ($25.00), only the gate tag for entering the grounds is different.

Here is a link to the registration;

http://corvettefunfest.com/products-page

Bob

So I see that the 2011 Funfest Registration is now open. Never too early to get this weekend on the calendar, right? :wave:

:rocket: :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back