Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

WoW! :jaw: Those pics are beautiful. [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]:'-)
happytears.gif

[/FONT]

Great pics Bruce. Love the one of Kris and I on the golf cart. :chuckle:chuckle

Great pics Bruce you guys had a nice turn out and looks like you had a blast.

Speedway:wave:

The "BobFest" ... this is so great .... but way too short of time for others' outside of THE Midwest to attend .... but it is the closest thing that has been created since the 'old' Rendezvous ..... I'm just wondering ..... IF it was held in conjunction with The Fall Drive ...... hmmmmm? Any thoughts or should I just let it go? :confused:

BTW ..... the pictures are wonderful .... really tugs at the heartstrings .... beautiful people and beautiful cars. :love:

The "BobFest" ... this is so great .... but way too short of time for others' outside of THE Midwest to attend .... but it is the closest thing that has been created since the 'old' Rendezvous ..... I'm just wondering ..... IF it was held in conjunction with The Fall Drive ...... hmmmmm? Any thoughts or should I just let it go? :confused:

BTW ..... the pictures are wonderful .... really tugs at the heartstrings .... beautiful people and beautiful cars. :love:
I think you have something here, Ruth Ann. If we could somehow coordinate a weekend "drive" - be it Fall Drive or an End of Summer Drive the following weekend, then those of you that are at a much greater distance, could hopefully justify a week long trip. Great idea. I would love to see Bobfest grow for 2011. MAM may have to rename their event from Funfest to Bobfest if we get enough XLR's. :lol: Wouldn't it be something to have MAM's Funfest become the largest gathering of XLR's every year? It seems like MAM has been very accomodating for the XLR's over the past couple of years (nice location for the club parking). :rocker:

Just my 2 cents worth to Ruth Ann's idea.

If you could spend 2 weeks here in the Midwest, we might be able to put 2 weekends full of activities together. We have Corvette friends from Belgium that are in the USA for 2 weeks. (There are 23 other Corvette club members with them.) Their first event was Funfest then to Memphis, TN (Graceland) then to Bowling Green, KY (Corvette Museum & Assembly plant), then on to Indiana, Ohio & Michigan. Then back to Chicago & up to Milwaukee, WI (Harley Davidson Museum) and then depart from O'Hare.
They flew 9 hours and 7,000 miles to be here. This is the 3rd time in the last 7 years that they have been in the USA.

I think you have something here, Ruth Ann. If we could somehow coordinate a weekend "drive" - be it Fall Drive or an End of Summer Drive the following weekend, then those of you that are at a much greater distance, could hopefully justify a week long trip. Great idea. I would love to see Bobfest grow for 2011. MAM may have to rename their event from Funfest to Bobfest if we get enough XLR's. :lol: Wouldn't it be something to have MAM's Funfest become the largest gathering of XLR's every year? It seems like MAM has been very accomodating for the XLR's over the past couple of years (nice location for the club parking). :rocker:
And considering MAM FunFest runs from Thursday to Sunday, distant travelers could make it a Tuesday to Tuesday weeklong trip.

Great pics Bruce. Love the one of Kris and I on the golf cart. :chuckle:chuckle
Forgot and thank you Photo Girl for taking pictures. I didn't even know you were right there for the golf cart picture. Cracks me up everytime I look at it.

If you could spend 2 weeks here in the Midwest, we might be able to put 2 weekends full of activities together. We have Corvette friends from Belgium that are in the USA for 2 weeks. (There are 23 other Corvette club members with them.) Their first event was Funfest then to Memphis, TN (Graceland) then to Bowling Green, KY (Corvette Museum & Assembly plant), then on to Indiana, Ohio & Michigan. Then back to Chicago & up to Milwaukee, WI (Harley Davidson Museum) and then depart from O'Hare.
They flew 9 hours and 7,000 miles to be here. This is the 3rd time in the last 7 years that they have been in the USA.

I'm liking that!

The driving time is what kills us .... it took us 4 days to get to CO and now I am thinking it might be a 5 day trip each way to IL - If we were to come, it would definetly mean that we would want to be back there for at the least 5 days ... I think ... haha .... I BET JetBoy would come too ... but he is such a young pup I think he would get there 2 days before us ... lol ... But - I'm pretty sure that many of the old group just might show up :rocker: and maybe some of that NorthWest group too ... Speaking for myself .... once I got to the MIdWest FunFest (BobFest) area, I'd like to have a couple of kick-down days to relax from all of those days on the road and SEE (like the Fall Drive) the MidWest before we have to get back on the road ... could there be, something like "join up" spots where cars could meet? :cool: I think the XLR group lost interest in BG and that is why it got moved to TX .... although it is the hub for the Corvettes still ... that's probably why your Fall Drive is becoming so successful, I think - something for everyone.

4 days to Colorado!!! Holy crap, it's only 1,200 miles.:lol: I think you need to think about flying next time.:wave:

Everyone is welcome @ any of our events...driving is part of the fun.

4 days to Colorado!!! Holy crap, it's only 1,200 miles.:lol: I think you need to think about flying next time.:wave:

Everyone is welcome @ any of our events...driving is part of the fun.

Your right Bruce everyone is always welcome to any of our events.

Great pics Bruce you guys had a nice turn out and looks like you had a blast.

Thank you. Yes, it was great success, a lot of fun. Bob and Paula deserve all of the credit for putting together such a fun event. They put so much time and effort into making sure we all had a great time. Maybe you can join us next year.:wave:

Sounds like my type of traveling! I have thought of putting the car on a car hauler and flying the 1100 miles to Florida.

Thank you. Yes, it was great success, a lot of fun. Bob and Paula deserve all of the credit for putting together such a fun event. They put so much time and effort into making sure we all had a great time. Maybe you can join us next year.:wave:
We will be going to one of these trips next year you all to much fun not to go. If we lived closer and Ingrid didnt work we would come to all of them.:D

All the pics were great! I love that one too Mar! :chuckle Yes it's me Missy, still have not gotten the thing fixed on mine yet!:(

Forgot and thank you Photo Girl for taking pictures. I didn't even know you were right there for the golf cart picture. Cracks me up everytime I look at it.

Best Photo

I agree. The golf cart photo wins "best Photo" hands down! Supa is the face of determination and MissyBling is the face of unbridled fun. What a pair. I'll tell ya, Marc and Kevin are two lucky guys! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom