Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Beautiful on the way to church this morning with the top down. Annual Congregational meeting after church with lunch served on real china, no paper plates at my church. Top up on way home as storms were moving in. Today is also the annual Pikes Peak Hill Climb races, haven't heard the outcome yet. Hundreds of motorcycles downtown, got a little loud during church. Came home and napped, heart rate under 50 due to being overdosed by EX-Cardiologist idiot. My primary care told me Friday it will take a week to ten days to get back to an 80 heart rate. This has been going on for a few months, all I wanted to do was sleep so finally made and appointment with the Primary care doctor, he was pretty upset when he saw what had happened to me and how low my heart rate and blood pressure is.

Too hot!

Just as in Pikeville, it was miserably HOT and HUMID here! Too hot to be out and too hot to drive or get out on my Harley.

Spent the afternoon "hiding out" in my "Stereo Den" listening to music and some time in my home office doing paperwork!

I'm just looking forward to fall here in NC. I have some beautiful fall drives and rides planned!

Take care of yourself, Robert!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rich, I have to as there is no one else to take care of me. I am usually a bunch of energy so this is so unlike me. My normal heart rate was always 120 which of course is way too fast so I took Toprol for years to keep it down to 80. They stopped making Toprol, was put on Corieg but the Cardiologist was too lazy to check the mgs and put me on 40 when it should have been 20. I don't like going to doctors and had been way to busy to take time to make a doctors appointment so maybe I learned a lesson and won't wait so long in the future.

I'm kinda surprised to hear northerners & mid-northerners wishing for Fall, do you remember what shortly follows Fall????? :santa454:

I don't like going to doctors and had been way to busy to take time to make a doctors appointment so maybe I learned a lesson and won't wait so long in the future.

I guess there IS a reason that doctors want to see their patients once a year, at least...:blinzel::blinzel: Glad you finally made that appointment!!!

Sunday, we spent at the lake with friends... with our 19' boat. Had a FANTASTIC day... 87 and gorgeous blue sky (not a cloud in sight). The seam on the cover of the pull toy tore out, so spent half the day just zipping around the lake. Our friend's kid's REALLY enjoyed the day. Got home and my parents took us out to dinner for our anniversary.
Today 92, tomorrow 97, then mid to high 80's the rest of the week... absolutely beautiful weather here in Big Sky Country!!!

"Little Bugger" went in for a bath this morning, got him home and his mother "Big Bertha" started whining because she didn't get a bath so over she went to Red Nolands. Now they are both all shiny and clean. "Little Bugger" will be heading to Monument for the parade July 3rd. We are getting our afternoon rains so hope I can keep them both clean.

7/1/10

I got a pleasant suprise today. Our friend Carolyn stopped by work to say hi driving her beautiful Neiman Marcus XLR. It was a nice visit. I hadn't seen her since the Fall Drive last year. The weather today was made for top down driving in an XLR.:cool:

We spent yesterday and today in the Flamingo Jungle with our forum friends MSwaim and PD5150. I am ever so grateful that this forum has brought me so many great friends .... someday I hope that the West will meet the MidWest and East -

The Mswaim's are the best host's ... it is always great to see them. They drove their Red and we drove our Black ... parked our front of the golf club and let Chowchilla take a look at the 2 best looking cars in town!

'Wish you all could enjoy their hospitality ... Mark is a master griller; he created entire meals on the BBQ including lobster and crab cakes on the grill ... yummmmm.... :love:

Tonight we are at The Cypress Hotel outside of San Francisco ..... I feel like a spoiled brat .... what a beautiful place .... and they have Wine Hour! This has been a great getaway ....

Wine Hour?? Move over !! We had a great time (as always) and great weather to enjoy. After you left, I decided to put a good scald on a chicken for dinner, tonight it is rack of lamb and tomorrow a good ole Texas-style brisket.

Enjoy the rest of your adventure !!

We spent yesterday and today in the Flamingo Jungle with our forum friends MSwaim and PD5150. I am ever so grateful that this forum has brought me so many great friends .... someday I hope that the West will meet the MidWest and East -

The Mswaim's are the best host's ... it is always great to see them. They drove their Red and we drove our Black ... parked our front of the golf club and let Chowchilla take a look at the 2 best looking cars in town!

'Wish you all could enjoy their hospitality ... Mark is a master griller; he created entire meals on the BBQ including lobster and crab cakes on the grill ... yummmmm.... :love:

Tonight we are at The Cypress Hotel outside of San Francisco ..... I feel like a spoiled brat .... what a beautiful place .... and they have Wine Hour! This has been a great getaway ....

My question is, when are you and Ray coming back, I already miss you..:(:(:(:(:(:(

We've been spending most of the day at the ballpark - cheering my 10 yo son on his his final games of the playoffs. They beat the first place team this morning and now go on to face them again, this afternoon, for a final game for the championship. Its so fun to be able to relive your childhood through your children; watching them make decisions that maybe you wish you would have made at their age. :patriot: :rocker:

Then spending a lot of the weekend getting things packed for our vacation to Hawaii this week.

We went up to Kokomo last night for the 2nd night of the Haynes-Apperson Festival. There was a nice car show and plenty of fair food. Wang Chung and LoverBoy were in concert, it was an 80's flashback.:lol: Kathy and I last saw LoverBoy in concert @ the '83 Indiana State Fair. The years have not been kind to some of the guys, but they still put on a great show.:rocker:

After the concert we drove over to the local Chevrolet dealer and looked at the new cars...a good night.

We went up to Kokomo last night for the 2nd night of the Haynes-Apperson Festival. There was a nice car show and plenty of fair food. Wang Chung and LoverBoy were in concert, it was an 80's flashback.:lol: Kathy and I last saw LoverBoy in concert @ the '83 Indiana State Fair. The years have not been kind to some of the guys, but they still put on a great show.:rocker:

After the concert we drove over to the local Chevrolet dealer and looked at the new cars...a good night.

WOW!!!! Always liked Loverboy!!! Especially "Turn Me Loose"!! Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner were here a couple months ago. Come to think of it... the years have not been kind to any rock group of the 80's.

Marc brought Tiffany by today for a little service. It was great to see both of them again. She drew a lot of attention...they really liked those Xenon Blue brake calipers.:rocker:

JuneJuly10Powershot059.jpg

JuneJuly10Powershot056.jpg

WOW!!!! Always liked Loverboy!!! Especially "Turn Me Loose"!! Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner were here a couple months ago. Come to think of it... the years have not been kind to any rock group of the 80's.

Here's a few pictures of LoverBoy (a little blurry);
JuneJuly10Powershot051.jpg

JuneJuly10Powershot049.jpg

When he said he had pics of Lover Boy; I thought they were going to be of me!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom