Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I believe you mention your using Zaino's Product that is some good $hit a little costly but does a fine job on my Roxy! I'm just about to heat the garage up in a upcoming weekend soon and give Roxy a good shining too! :rocker:

That is what I use & I definitely agree with you - enjoy your shine on your SILVER XLR (which I'd much rather be doing than red or black!). :wave:

That is what I use & I definitely agree with you - enjoy your shine on your SILVER XLR (which I'd much rather be doing than red or black!). :wave:

I honestly thought the first time I did the first whole treatment I seen a change on the silver it looked darker and more brilliant in color of the finished polishing! :dunno:

Not your imagination

I honestly thought the first time I did the first whole treatment I seen a change on the silver it looked darker and more brilliant in color of the finished polishing! :dunno:

Amy started with Zaino on her STS and we knew it looked great but it wasn't until we got Beauty did we both realize it wasn't our imagination on how GREAT the STS looked. Beauty was a daily driver and had nothing but a basic everyday wax on her and when the two cars were parked next to each other, that is when we both were stunned to see how much Zaino made a difference.

The more you add the better it looks. :twist:

Fun run!!

Amy and I took Beauty and Victor-V out for a run today......it was close to 70 degrees today!! :dance:

It always amazes me to see everyone looking at the XLR trying to figure out what was that!!! And now it's even better as they both go by to see EVEN more of a what the "H" was that expression on their faces.
:lol:

Wait a minute; I thought the season was over after the Steelers lost. Hmmm, maybe it is one of those things where the other teams continue to play to see who gets to play Pittsburgh first next year. I am sure of it. :banghead:

Being that it is the morning after: Congrats to the Ravens Fans...of course I was routing for Denver. :pat:Also congrats to the 49er Fans...and I was routing for Green Bay. :pat:Do you see why I do not gamble. Who would have picked the Ravens when they are playing at mile high stadium in single digit temperatures. :dunno:

Not a sit in front of the TV FAN but do like the Ravens! How's retired life treaty you? Hope all is well for your a Dawn and try to keep Harrisburg straight! :laugh: Roxy went into garage for spring maintenance and had some oil drips on the garage floors turns 3 gaskets need replaced thank god I bought the Route 66 aftermarket coverage! They said be us they need to remove spring & shock to got of some gasket they will need to realign the front end and I insurance don't cover that! She passed inspection with flying colors though and my out of pocket for oil change, PA inspection and the rest that's not covered shoul only be around $300 :blue:

The El Camino gets out for a little run

Pretty warm this weekend. I needed to pick up a bookcase that I purchased from my local Habitat Restore, so I took my El Camino to do that. It had not been out for a little while and it was good to have her out.

MVC-005F-2.jpg

Sweet ride. Clean ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day I was driving my nephew to his friends house. After I came off the ramp onto 95, I punched it and I think it coughed because of all the pollen. But after a second she was breathing normal and I was pushed back in my seat. It felt good and I think she ended that cough. Here in Florida we have been hit with strong pollen and find myself dusting it off 3 x after I take my xlr out die a drive.

The other day I was driving my nephew to his friends house. After I came off the ramp onto 95, I punched it and I think it coughed because of all the pollen. But after a second she was breathing normal and I was pushed back in my seat. It felt good and I think she ended that cough. Here in Florida we have been hit with strong pollen and find myself dusting it off 3 x after I take my xlr out die a drive.

If that's the case, sounds like its time to change the air filters.

Lola's been doing that lateley too .... never used to. :dunno:

I will check the filters tomorrow. Would do it now but kind of tired.

Sad, yet impressive

Saw this XLR at our dealer for repairs (hopefully the picture will be clear enough). Front end damage is from the guy running into a truck, which also bent the frame. Since the hood was no longer usable, he simply covered the underframe with a tarp, guess he picked blue because the car is blue. Under the hood a number of items are literally taped down with duct tape, most of which appear to be electrical. The car is now a low rider at the rear wheels because he drowned his suspension and roof modules, but never fixed them and has continued driving that way for about a year, which has destroyed the rear shocks. He didn't have it in for repair of ANY of those problems, but only to have a misfire problem addressed.

Really sad to see a XLR in this condition, but impressive it's still running at all.

Wonder if he has any oil leaks? :squint:

Attachments

• sad.jpg
    sad.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 197
Saw this XLR at our dealer for repairs (hopefully the picture will be clear enough). Front end damage is from the guy running into a truck, which also bent the frame. Since the hood was no longer usable, he simply covered the underframe with a tarp, guess he picked blue because the car is blue. Under the hood a number of items are literally taped down with duct tape, most of which appear to be electrical. The car is now a low rider at the rear wheels because he drowned his suspension and roof modules, but never fixed them and has continued driving that way for about a year, which has destroyed the rear shocks. He didn't have it in for repair of ANY of those problems, but only to have a misfire problem addressed.

Really sad to see a XLR in this condition, but impressive it's still running at all.

Why have an automobile of this caliber and not take care of it is beyond me...:dunno::dunno:

The blue wasn't a tarp it was 2" strips of painters tape!!! :pat:

Dead Battery=I'm on the job

My dealer has an '05 XLR on his lot and he has people of less fortunate means wandering his lot throughout the evening hours. When they closed on Saturday evening everything was fine. One of the service department employees came in on Monday morning to unlock the dealership and he heard a "bang bang bang" he looked around and didn't see anything. He unlocked the door then heard the same thing again "bang bang bang". He looked over at the XLR and there was a person of less fortunate means locked inside the car.

Apparently they left the door unlocked and this person got in and used the XLR to sleep in Saturday night. Unfortunate for him the battery ran down and he was unable to get out the next morning. So he spent all night Saturday night, Sunday and Sunday night in the XLR.
:sleeping:

The police was called and the person in the XLR told the police "I'm on the job, I'm one of you, I'm undercover". Needless to say that wasn't true. Luckily he only broke the door push button and didn't soil the seat after 1 1/2 days in the car.

​I can't think of a better place to sleep. :jaw:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back