Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Fibark Parade

Drove to Salida, CO., Friday so I could drive in the Parade on Saturday. Fantastic weather, big parade and came home today, all the way with the top down. Al Kaly Shriners really make the parade, this was our second parade for this year. So many people had never seen an XLR and had no idea what it was. Mine is now eight years old and just hit the 29,000 mile mark on the way back to Colorado Springs. Still looks like brand new only better.

Well I attended the monthly cruise in here in my area. They have others during the weekly Saturdays. But the 2nd sat is the closest and safest area of town. Was the 2nd car there and then a Nissan was circling and pulled next to me. He asked where I got mine detailed so I told him. As we were talking a allante pulled up and parked right next to me. As we were talking what drives by but a black xlr maybe a 06-08. But all in all had a great evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question here. It might be my imagination but I have the mirror switch in the middle. So it's not on the right mirror or left mirror. But I thought I saw it move slightly when I turn the wheel either way. :duno: Has anyone else ever notice this?

Storms at Indy

Looks like a lot of bad weather in Indy. Bruce, Kathy, are you OK? Hope you didn't get hit by the storms!!

Chad

Blomington Gold 2014

I just happened to be in the neighborhood, so I dropped by Bloomington Gold this afternoon. For a Friday afternoon, the crowd was small, but all the vendors had setup shop and the swap meet was plentiful. The big show is tomorrow,I just needed to stop by and pick up a few things. :reddevil

While at my dealership a salesman has given my a card. His customers have a 04 xlr red/cashmere interior 76 k miles for 22k. If anyone is interested key me know soon. Because as you know our cars don't last long after someone says for sale.

Geez today I decided to do a little spring cleaning under the hood..... Boy from what I saw, it looked like I took this to the beach. Since I have owned this car (since late 2012) it hasn't seen the beach area except recently. But only 5 blocks from the sand. If that. So why does it look this dirty. I guess just everyday road dirt and dust maybe.
2e8eryta.jpg
uqy2u8e2.jpg
ru6ydu6y.jpg
luckily I had one of these to blow the dirt and dust away.
7y8ezy9y.jpg
. But one a sad note i must've set the thing down on the exhaust side of the air inflator and it popped the one essential part inside one of the spaces in the engine area under a cubby hole. So after spending 20 min trying to find the piece. I raced down to the dealer. to see if they could use their lift and check under the car. But they looked and found nothing. :( oh well just another thing to find at the Walmart or car parts store.

xlr friends

It was great seeing Bob & Gayle W last night here in Indy. We are so lucky to have made such great friends over the years through the XLR! Miles of Smiles :cool:

Well, the big storm just past. So after I haven't driven the car for a couple days, I decided I better take a drive. The roads were still wet. But I left for a drive anyway. Then when I turned onto the main road I couldn't help but notice the sky. At first I was going to wait until I was heading home. But the sun was dropping fast. So I had to think fast. I pulled safely over to the far side of the turn lane and walked to the back of the car. Took out my fancy iPhone and this is how everything turned out.
vynatahu.jpg
vuqevuge.jpg

Well after going back and forth for a couple weeks to the auto parts store. I finally bit the bullet and purchased this
usu7y4yq.jpg
the reason I decided on this one was because it has a 20 ft cord. So this way I hope I don't have to run a extension foot cord to the battery maintainer. Also when I checked out, the salesperson said this one is running with a $10 auto gift card rebate. So now I have a mile of paperwork to fill out and send in. So they can send me my rebate card. She was as surprised as I was I guess. Oh well. Now all I have to do is hook it up and pray this works. I guess it's Christmas in mid July for me. Now if I can only decide and/or find a cheep and reliable friend. Or a cheep and reliable person to help me paint my calipers the way I want.

SO, have Beauty & Beast all ready for a car show this weekend, nice & close at a dealership less than a mile from our house, Mike asked about times so when I checked tonight ... CANCELLED, & combined with another show on a different weekend we can't make. :( We were looking forward to it but oh well, at least they are both clean! Probably won't hit another show until the local Cadillac club show in mid-September (Beast isn't invited to that one!).

Maybe I'll just joy ride this weekend!

I know it might be a bit far. But sept there is a big show a fun fest. It's here in st augustine fl.
quzejuba.jpg

Here's another car show to benefit the drive in theatre in Ocala Florida.

aga3uha4.jpg

I was in the mood to display my car for the upcoming big sept car show. So here are a few shots that I took in the heat of the day here in Florida. Luckily for me, my neighbor doesn't have any renters. So I was able to take up both driveways.
9eqeqadu.jpg
rape7y5y.jpg
qytugena.jpg

Car canvas. Paintings.
I just got a email back from a guy that does car canvas paintings. You just email him 3-5 pics and then he requires up to $50 deposit.

$300.00 for a 16 X 20 Canvas

$350.00 for a 18X24 Canvas

Don't know if anyone is interested. But he can be reached
va4a5e9a.jpg

Paulsershon.com

407-463-6065

Rod if interested you might want to see either if he wants to be a vendor for the group or put this info in a different thread

WELCOME to 2014:

• Our Phones – Wireless
• Cooking – Fireless
• Cars – Keyless
• Food – Fatless
• Tires –Tubeless
• Dress – Sleeveless
• Youth – Jobless
• Leaders – Shameless
• Relationships – Meaningless
• Attitudes – Careless
• Babies – Fatherless
• Feelings – Heartless
• Education – Valueless
• Children – Mannerless
• Country – Godless

We are SPEECHLESS,

Congress is CLUELESS,

and our President is WORTHLESS !

I'm scared - ****less *

GOD HELP US !

All shined up & nowhere to go!

We were going to put the cars in a LaSalle/Cadillac show this weekend but the weather isn't cooperating. :squint: So much rain this year we've only been to 2 shows, & that was in the spring. At least they're pretty & clean!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 161
Well with winter just around the corner we finally bought a replacement winter vehicle this year! Found a great bargain on 05 escape AWD! So we will be putting Roxy in particle storage for the winter months! I still plan on going there and taking her out for spin when weather permits on weekends! So I guess I'm looking for a storage plan! I'm planning to store her at my moms garage, my biggest concern is mice?? I had just read on the internet last night that a guy has been using Fabric Softener Sheets from the Dollar Store for years! He claims they don't like the smell! He just lays them around inside the car, in trunk, on the motor and in the tailpipe! I know about the battery maintainer So what's your other regular winter storage procedure's you would recommend from you who live where you also have winters that you put your baby in storage?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry