Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Another angle of two XLR;

32672_.jpg

Picture taken in Fresno, CA. I guess it's officially summer, because they're coming out like rose buds here!:)

32673_.jpg

My girl friend snapped this pic at a local hardware store.:blinzel:

Whoever did that to an XLR should be shot! :rocket:

I have had the thought that if the day came where I couldn't have a working XLR, I would get a Corvette & turn the body into a XLR. :naughty: That would probably successfully offend EVERYONE - Corvette & XLR owners. :chuckle

I love the rims of the red XLR on the right side of madcurl's photo.

Well, the good news is that most owners seem to take good care of their XLR's. Haven't seen any that are dirty or beaten up.
The plastic panels will never rust ;-)

Curious how well the paint will hold up over the years?
A paint shop told me that the tarnished platinum (aka silver) on my XLR is the same paint code as the Saturn Vue SUV.
http://marquetteredmenfootball.com/wp-includes/saturn-vue-2005-silver-6512.jpg
I've seen some 1990s Saturns with fading and bubbled up clear coat on their plastic panels. Although, I hope GM spent a bit more time to ensure ours will last longer.

So far, my paint still looks pretty showroom new....and the car is 8.5 years old.
My headlight covers are starting to show a bit of age (especially with the burned DRL), but way too expensive to replace.
The light colored tan interior has been a pain in the a@@ to keep clean though...especially the floor mats. :mad:

There's another one! Once again my girlfriend captured this pic and sent it too me. :)

32808_.jpg

The XLR was spotted somewhere in Fresno CA.

Well, the good news is that most owners seem to take good care of their XLR's. Haven't seen any that are dirty or beaten up.
The plastic panels will never rust ;-)

Curious how well the paint will hold up over the years?
A paint shop told me that the tarnished platinum (aka silver) on my XLR is the same paint code as the Saturn Vue SUV.
http://marquetteredmenfootball.com/wp-includes/saturn-vue-2005-silver-6512.jpg
I've seen some 1990s Saturns with fading and bubbled up clear coat on their plastic panels. Although, I hope GM spent a bit more time to ensure ours will last longer.

So far, my paint still looks pretty showroom new....and the car is 8.5 years old.
My headlight covers are starting to show a bit of age (especially with the burned DRL), but way too expensive to replace.
The light colored tan interior has been a pain in the a@@ to keep clean though...especially the floor mats. :mad:

Paint quality has a lot to do with how & where it is applied, BG Assembly did a wonderful job painting the XLRs. :wave:

On vacation last week in Pacific NW saw a mid-year black in Tacoma on Friday - driver acknowledged our thumbs up- and another black mid-year 40 miles north in Edmunds on Monday - driver ignored us. Then return from trip and today coming out of the barber (yes, bald guys get haircuts occasionally) a women in a silver 2006 pulls in. We had a nice conversation - they traded a 71 Corvette for it and haven't regretted it for a minute. Only issue they've had was cured when they got a Battery Tender - gee, that sounds familiar!:lol:

I wasn't expecting it, but it happened to me @07:43hr today. I saw a blue XLR on 152 headed west. :wave: I was coming around the bend (taking pictures:cool:) when I looked across the hwy and there it was. No time to react for I was in shock and was too busy looking. My mind had told me to use the video, but decided at the last moment to use the camera. Oh well, it happens, but I don't know if the owner saw me.

32866_.jpg

I wasn't expecting it, but it happened to me @07:43hr today. I saw a blue XLR on 152 headed west. :wave: I was coming around the bend (taking pictures:cool:) when I looked across the hwy and there it was. No time to react for I was in shock and was too busy looking. My mind had told me to use the video, but decided at the last moment to use the camera. Oh well, it happens, but I don't know if the owner saw me.

32866_.jpg

Oh well, you got some wicked cool pictures! :cool: This would be a great avatar! ;)

Old pic from my visit to the dealership.

32879_.jpg

Now here's a old picture. Notice there's a black XLR next to the sweet looking concept.

32901_.jpg

I took this picture nearly 5 yrs ago at the Heritage Center in Pontiac MI.

That Black Raven XLR is VIN #000001, the first XLR built!!

Now here's a old picture. Notice there's a black XLR next to the sweet looking concept.

32901_.jpg

I took this picture nearly 5 yrs ago at the Heritage Center in Pontiac MI.

I saw one today, the first I've seen in some time!

It was a XLR-V (or a 2006 or later XLR) in the dark red color. It appeared to have a mesh grille and it was traveling south on SC 97 heading into Camden as I was traveling north out of Camden. It looked a little dirty!

We finished the Super Chevy Sunday autocross at Gateway Motorsports Park about 3PM so I went over to the Drag strip side to watch. Lo and behold I got there just in time to see an acquaintance from Festus, MO race his XLR. (I know crappy cell phone pics)

He swears it street legal - complete with state registration and safety inspection. He kept most of the body panels from the fire wall back. Welded the Convertible top and trunk closed. He actually kept the electric windows, front, side and rear glass. See he has Missouri plates...

Everything forward of the firewall is all racecar. Twin turbo with exhaust out the side of the front fenders.

He lost in the last semi finals so by the time I got my real camera and came back to his pits he was loading it on the trailer. Damn, I should have got his VIN# for the XLR Registry. :banghead:

Naw, that won't have any impact. Black is still the fastest!!:D:D Maybe that's why he lost in the semis? ;)

I think these pictures really do indicate that the XLR with the quickest timeslip is not black. Of course we don't see the actual slip. Anyone with a different color XLR think they can compete with this one?

I think these pictures really do indicate that the XLR with the quickest timeslip is not black. Of course we don't see the actual slip. Anyone with a different color XLR think they can compete with this one?

I still hold the record for stock Northstar internals!! And yes I posted a timeslip.

Go Black!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back