Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Hey all you Xkr people (fans). I found 2 xlrs at a dealership in orange park. One is red and the other is black. They both share the same or near the same mileage, somewhere around 62 -67 k. The red is a 08 and black is 04. Atleast that's what the site says.
http://www.cadillacoforangepark.com...r=&maxYear=&stockOrVIN=&submitBtnBasic=Search. The black one is the cheaper at under 25 k and the red is about 37 k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskan XLR

Yesterday I followed behind a red XLR driving around downtown Orlando. It was red with Alaska license tags...a bit unusual for downtown Orlando.
The car had the XM radio wart of an 04/05; had typical base model hood and wheels; but sported the badging and "supercharged" for an XLR V.

Didn't sense any excitement from the driver when we were traveling along together but he was probably still thawing out.......

Steve

Yesterday I followed behind a red XLR driving around downtown Orlando. It was red with Alaska license tags...a bit unusual for downtown Orlando.
The car had the XM radio wart of an 04/05; had typical base model hood and wheels; but sported the badging and "supercharged" for an XLR V.

Didn't sense any excitement from the driver when we were traveling along together but he was probably still thawing out.......

Steve

....he was not excited to see you Steve since you car is a FABULOUS ARCTIC WHITE and beyond the fact you have a limited edition white and he has a red like so many other people (AKA: me) .......likely he was trying to get away from the cold.:laugh::laugh::laugh:....get it.....ARCTIC white....... :laugh: :laugh::laugh:(yes, I know: crawl back under your rock Sandy)

If you stick on a V emblem on any model Cadillac 99% of the population would believe it is a V ...any time I see any Caddy V I automatically think OOOOH! Its a V! ....and certainly until I bought my XLR (a non V) I did not know the difference either :dunno::rolleyes::dunno:. The super charged engine will not fit under a non bumped hood as far as I know.....si?

Steve

Is The "wart" the difference between the 4/5 and others like the 06's. I saw the "wart" on the trunk of one at my dealership awhile back, but really can't tell from very far away.

Is The "wart" the difference between the 4/5 and others like the 06's. I saw the "wart" on the trunk of one at my dealership awhile back, but really can't tell from very far away.

Yes... that is the telltale sign of an 04/05. The "wart" went away in 06, ended up in the left door mirror, I believe...

I have a 06. I don't believe mine has that. If it does then its hidden very well. I'll look tomorrow. Have to take her to the dealership tomorrow and have my mirror looked at.

I have a 06. I don't believe mine has that. If it does then its hidden very well. I'll look tomorrow. Have to take her to the dealership tomorrow and have my mirror looked at.

The "wart" is quite noticeable on the 04/05; it's on the trunk lid. Yours is inside the left door mirror, and not visible.

Great. I would hate to be driving in a car that has warts. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359597327.223948.jpg
Take a look right in the center this the XM antenna on my 05 it's as plain as the nose on your face !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thank Dan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359597987.787044.jpg
For those of you that have an obsession of this horrible wart here is a close up shot just for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Eew. Why wreck a totally good car with a wart. I saw this on a xlr at my dealership's service bay. I thought it was something he put on himself. I figured it was some antenna. But now I know. It's just a wart.

Close Rod, but the XM antenna is in the passenger mirror.:lol::lol:

Yes... that is the telltale sign of an 04/05. The "wart" went away in 06, ended up in the left door mirror, I believe...

Well at least they matched the paint color with same as the body color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

This XLR site is the Greatest

It's not a wart.

It's a beauty mark.

I have to laugh and love the process by which you XLR lovers learn about these special XLR cars!
This web cite is just the best!!!

The "wart" exchange has been entertaining to say the least....
May the pre and post 06 owners now appreciate the "wart" for what it is.... a simple
XM radio antenna....

Love you guys!

Steve

Alpine White in Double

About 12:30 today while cruising on I-4 just north (and away from) Orlando another Alpine White XLR flew by going the opposite direction.
Never expected that...

Steve

After not seeing any XLRs for weeks, I saw two this week.

A silver one on I-485 on Monday, and a black one (not Bob's) coming off of I-85 Thursday evening.

I haven't seen any for quite a few months - not even mine :(:(... not really condusive to driving them in Montana this time of year. But just wait 'til June; they'll magically appear. There is nothing like seeing a line of XLR's, in ALL different colors... :rocker::rocker:

I haven't seen any for quite a few months - not even mine :(:(... not really condusive to driving them in Montana this time of year. But just wait 'til June; they'll magically appear. There is nothing like seeing a line of XLR's, in ALL different colors... :rocker::rocker:

Yes, a parade of xlrs.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry