Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Wrong car!!

So I get up early to go to work still sleepy eyed and walk up to my car and the door wont open... First thought is Crap i have to call onstar. but after actually opening my eyes I realized this in not my car.. very close same color but a V . looked around and one car down down is my baby sitting all ready to roll.

Looking at one now

So I go to Best buy to investigate the app4 radio another forum member put in his XLR, when I walk out there is an XLR same color as mine sitting right next to my car. Well of course I can't just drive off. I call my wife to tell her what I see and that I'm going to wait for the owner to come out the store. Been sitting her about 15 min, wife says that kinds "stalker-ish" what do you guys think? I just want to hang around and tell him about the forum if he doesn't already know, and how cool is it to have another XLR so close in SC.

So I get up early to go to work still sleepy eyed and walk up to my car and the door wont open... First thought is Crap i have to call onstar. but after actually opening my eyes I realized this in not my car.. very close same color but a V . looked around and one car down down is my baby sitting all ready to roll.

That's crazy as few as there are!!! :lol:

So I go to Best buy to investigate the app4 radio another forum member put in his XLR, when I walk out there is an XLR same color as mine sitting right next to my car. Well of course I can't just drive off. I call my wife to tell her what I see and that I'm going to wait for the owner to come out the store. Been sitting her about 15 min, wife says that kinds "stalker-ish" what do you guys think? I just want to hang around and tell him about the forum if he doesn't already know, and how cool is it to have another XLR so close in SC.

Again, as few as there are, that is so cool that one is parked right next to you!

I'm with you. I'd stay and wait for them, or leave my business card. Hum, maybe I'm stalker-ish. :lol:

Retired

Again, as few as there are, that is so cool that one is parked right next to you!

I'm with you. I'd stay and wait for them, or leave my business card. Hum, maybe I'm stalker-ish. :lol:

Retired, no business cards for me anymore. I would live a note with my number but don't want to Invite some crazy A hole into my life. I guess he must have some class, hell he drives an XLR. This is where those xlr net cards would come in handy.

Retired, no business cards for me anymore. I would live a note with my number but don't want to Invite some crazy A hole into my life. I guess he must have some class, hell he drives an XLR. This is where those xlr net cards would come in handy.

:lol: True, he or she could be a jerk!

Years ago, I left my name and number (not a business card, you note, but did give my number!) on a guy's Corvette because I wanted to know where he had the stripes on the car done. He called me, told me about Corvette Forum and I joined there. That was over 10 yrs ago, and I now have many, many friends from that site. :)

Must have a helmet cam!

Do we have a thread here with everyone's custom plates? Mine are ordered but not in yet.

Not that I know of mines ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437169461.784772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

XLR was right again

So the wait was worth it! Great car and a great guy:thumbsup. He said he just bought the car three days ago, came across it by accident but I guess it called to him like it called to all of us. I told him about the forum, hope he checks it out. The funny thing is neither one of us actually live in the town we met in. The XLR gods planned this one out well. We took pics of both cars, I'll post them when I get home.

At first glance I would be surprised,but then I think I would be disappointed. :squint:the thought to see one is kind of rare but the same color as yours:(takes the rarity out of it. But that's me:dunno:.I'm sure it wasn't a 09 though so that's good:thumbsup

Happy to see him

At first glance I would be surprised,but then I think I would be disappointed. :squint:the thought to see one is kind of rare but the same color as yours:(takes the rarity out of it. But that's me:dunno:.I'm sure it wasn't a 09 though so that's good:thumbsup

Well I was happy to see him. The cars were similar color and all but you can see a difference. He said he is already thinking about a V :lol:, I think the fever has him. Here is the pic I took of Freedom and (I forgot to ask him if he named his xlr yet). :beerchug:

Attachments

• IMG_20150717_173049720.jpg
    IMG_20150717_173049720.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 217
Well I was happy to see him. The cars were similar color and all but you can see a difference. He said he is already thinking about a V :lol:, I think the fever has him. Here is the pic I took of Freedom and (I forgot to ask him if he named his xlr yet). :beerchug:

Great color. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437173558.372346.jpg

We do have a member 1BADXLR, but don't think the video is him. I know he is military and may be deployed. His car is also Xenon Blue, not Black. Nice video!

It shows that the published date was Dec. 16 2013

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cayon Pass, So Cal

OMG, I drove by that nickel color yesterday, that's the first XLR besides Coffee & Cars that I have seen in probably 5 years out in SO CAL. We are burning down the Cajon Pass on I-15 out by Victorville so no one else can get into SO CAL:laugh:
BTW If this guy that was parked next to you has taken a bite of the apple, let him know we have a sale section on here and might be interested in my 06-V. I pay bird dog fees
Standby

Went to the Syracuse Nationals on the weekend: a hot rod show hosted by the Right Coast. Anyway, stayed downtown at the Parkview Motel and this was in the parking lot the Saturday morning. Funny, I was so busy looking at the Studebaker beside it: I almost did not notice it. We were on our way to the show so I did no get a chance to se if I cold find the owner.

An 04 or 05 - Wisconsin plate IM LYN.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 203
Funny, I was so busy looking at the Studebaker beside it: I almost did not notice it.

You've talked of "blonde moments" - think this one might win! ;)

Around 11:15 am sat saw a blue Xlr heading north while I was heading south on 95. It was between cr 16 and international golf parkway in st Augustine fl

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back