Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

ChicagoDave

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR V, 2005 Black XLR, 2018 XT5 AWD, 2010 Black CTX Wagon AWD
Hi Dave, Giz, et al.,
Yes we're on. I'll work on a block of hotel rooms and as usual we'll put up as many as possible.

I created an event on FB. Another communication path.

Bob

I see that registration opened today for the CRUISIN' for Funfest 2011.

I want to register for Funfest 2011 - are we going to register under "Midwest XLR Group" like we did last year? Are the hotels on board again, this year?

I hope we have an even better turnout than last year ... BOBFEST 2010 was just AWESOME! :rocker:

I picked up a load of fireworks. Had to hide them from Nick...

Hotel for Bobfest

I checked with the local Holiday Inn Express. Several of you stayed there last year. I can get a block of 10 rooms for $93.00. We will still put up as many as we can between the 2 houses.

Is there enough interest in holding 10 rooms? I will work the other hotels and see if I can get a better rate. Can we fill 10 rooms?

Bob

I checked with the local Holiday Inn Express. Several of you stayed there last year. I can get a block of 10 rooms for $93.00. We will still put up as many as we can between the 2 houses.

Is there enough interest in holding 10 rooms? I will work the other hotels and see if I can get a better rate. Can we fill 10 rooms?

Bob

I would expect so.:blinzel:

Bob

Bob, I don't think we'd have a problem filling up 10 rooms. Me and Giz already will be taking two - only eight more to fill. :chuckle

Have you talked to MAM about the "club" parking? Are we going to all register under Midwest XLR Group again? Let me know - I'd like to get registered as soon as I can. :cool:

Can't wait for Bobfest - it was OFF THE HOOK last year! :rocker:

I'll put "call MAM" on the to do list.

Bob

I'll put "call MAM" on the to do list.

Bob

Any update on this, Bob? Just wondering when we might be able to register with MAM (as the Midwest XLR group) for Funfest. Which hotel did you say you had discussed with getting a block of rooms? Holiday Inn or Days Inn?
I just want to make sure I can reserve a room - before they fill up (because I'm sure that as the word spreads about how much fun BOBFEST '10 was, hotel rooms will be very scarce - :cool:).

Thanks for everything you do for this event - truly a highlight to the summer! :worship:

Hotel for BobFest/MAM XLR Event

I have reserved a block of 10 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for our event. Several of you stayed there last year. Dates are Sept 16 and 17, departing the 18th AM

Reservation is under the name of "XLR Group" Check in is at 3PM or later

Holiday Inn Express
121 Swords Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
217-235-2060

Rate is $92 vs $109 regular.

I have a call into MAM and will post the results of that meeting as soon as I have new info.

Bob

I have reserved a block of 10 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for our event. Several of you stayed there last year. Dates are Sept 16 and 17, departing the 18th AM

Holiday Inn Express
121 Swords Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
217-235-2060

I have a call into MAM and will post the results of that meeting as soon as I have new info.

Bob

I'm in and confirmed.
high-five.gif

Deb Beasley is our contact at MAM. We had a nice talk today and she will be checking with her co-coordinator and advising regarding registration and other details.

Bob

Can't wait! Loved this last year! So much fun! And really made sure that the end of the summer ended with a 'bang' (Like a canon or something, lol)

Holiday Inn Express
121 Swords Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
217-235-2060

Bob

I'm registered with MAM and I have my Hotel room reserved. Looking forward to another great time! Bob & Paula are amazing hosts! :wave:
As always - THANK YOU, Bob for all you do in putting this together.

Registered today at MAM. Rep didn't know what to do with the XLR Group.

Anybody joining the "Fun Run" on Thursday?

Is this an open event?

Is this event open for everyone to join in? We may just be able to fit this in my crazy schedule. (I am still miffed that we can't make the Homecoming, I will be glad when that date is past so it won't bother me so much! :()

Are you the Bob of Bobfest? ..... :naughty: and what is that name all about? Can you tell me what hotel everyone is staying at or does everyone just gather at a certain location?

Yes, I am the infamous Bob....

In conjunction with the Mid America Motorworks Corvette Funfest, the XLRs have been attending in small, but increasing numbers. I live about 15 miles from there and we use my place as a staging area and have a party/dinner/gathering for all the XLR owners & friends

It picked up the nickname "Bobfest" after MAM's "Funfest".

I have reserved a block of hotel rooms and we try to put up as many as we can between Paula's and my houses.

Info should be on earlier posts in this thread.

Bob

Holiday Inn Express
121 Swords Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
217-235-2060

Bob

Sandy,

Here is the hotel info - sure will be great to meet you and your beautiful 2009.

I registered for Funfest under "Midwest XLR Group". :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back