Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hand Accident

Bob, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family will be in our thoughts.

Cubby, thanks for the update.

Bruce :patriot:

My Deepest Sympathy

Bob,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you had as much fun with your Dad, as I had with mine before I lost him. Our fathers are the true teachers of life. I know his was still teaching me right to the end. Glod Bless you and your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you

Kevin & Marion

Bob,
Please accept my most sincere sympathies in the loss of your father.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. This is a long journey I'm on but many have far greater things after suffering losses larger than I. This is simply a body adjustment.

Bob

Bob,

I wish you the best recovery and hopefully the transplant will be succesful.

Good luck and looking forward to see you in May.

JP and Joanne,

I was looking at the local newspaper online this morning and found that my employer has gone bankrupt and is closing up. Now another added twist....

Bob

Cubby & Marian,
He unfortunately was on the east coast and really didn't get to do things with him in the last 30 years, but he lived with my sister who took good care of him.
Thank you all for all the nice thoughts. I will pass those thoughts along to him in my prayers.
Bob,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you had as much fun with your Dad, as I had with mine before I lost him. Our fathers are the true teachers of life. I know his was still teaching me right to the end. Glod Bless you and your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you

Kevin & Marion

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. This is a long journey I'm on but many have far greater things after suffering losses larger than I. This is simply a body adjustment.

Bob[/quote]

Bob, Kathy sent you a picture DVD that should keep you busy for a while. We hope you are doing better. Say Hi to Paula and Nick for us.

Bruce :wave:

Week 2 update

Dear friends,
Yesterday I had surgery #3 to close the wound and graft skin. I now have an even larger cast on the hand and a leg that stings smartly from the skin host area. Thankfully the wound vacuum pump, tubing, charger, etc. are gone.

I'll need to head back to Springfield next week for inspection but the visiting nurse will be checking things before then. She will be here in the morning.

I have been walking for about an hour every day since returning from the hospital a week ago. Back pains are dramatically reduced and I have shed additional pounds. 15+ so far!

The dogs have a blast too on our daily journey.

Bob

Bob Thank you for the update. We will keep you in our prayers. Hope your up to par soon.

Hi folks,
I went and checked on my V today. With everything that has been going on, it has taken a back seat. She was as dead as can be so I keyed into the trunk, popped the door and released the hood. The charger is on now and I'll fire her up in a day or so.

I was looking and noticed that a wash and wax is overdue. I just cannot do that myself yet. Maybe in a few more weeks

I have to head back to Springfield this week. Maybe the weather will be good enough to get it out.

The skin graft host site on my leg still stings. It is getting better though. The first look at the skin graft should be much less graphic than the open wound. I did snap a picture but it is inappropriate to share or post it.

With the hurt leg, I'm missing the cold morning walks. The dogs are anxious for that to resume too!

Day by day.....

Bob

Bob -- Boy, can I indentify with the "day-by-day" philosophy ... It is good to hear that you have such a positive attitude - that will serve you well all the way through this ordeal. I especially love the part where you maintain that we will see you in San Antonio - :)
'Wish we lived closer to you .... Ray would keep that V sparkling for you ..... and I would be happy to sit and :beerchug: with you and Paula and watch him do it. :lol: (Now, now, just kidding, you guys all know how much I appreciate his hard work .. ;))

Keep the faith, friend.

Gee, you are taking this well, I'm almost sorry I mentioned my strained Achilles heal the other day. At least I didn't snap it, it's coming along and I should be able to drink lots of wine and remain standing in Chowchilla.

Hi folks,
I went and checked on my V today. With everything that has been going on, it has taken a back seat. She was as dead as can be so I keyed into the trunk, popped the door and released the hood. The charger is on now and I'll fire her up in a day or so.

I was looking and noticed that a wash and wax is overdue. I just cannot do that myself yet. Maybe in a few more weeks

I have to head back to Springfield this week. Maybe the weather will be good enough to get it out.

The skin graft host site on my leg still stings. It is getting better though. The first look at the skin graft should be much less graphic than the open wound. I did snap a picture but it is inappropriate to share or post it.

With the hurt leg, I'm missing the cold morning walks. The dogs are anxious for that to resume too!

Day by day.....

Bob

Bob, it's great to hear from you, thanks for the updates. We are all wishing you the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Don't worry about the V, I'm sure it will be fine until you feel better.

Bruce :)

Hi folks,

Day by day.....

Bob

Bob,

Do you need me to drive down here and wash, wax and drive your V for you.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He would probably rather have you guys come down and pop the Bud caps for him.... :rocker:
I can pop the tops and Kevin can do the washing and waxing.

Marion,
If you are part of this, Kev and I could watch you. A flash of the classic Paris Hilton car wash ad for Carl's Burgers came to mind!

LOL

Bob

Marion,
If you are part of this, Kev and I could watch you. A flash of the classic Paris Hilton car wash ad for Carl's Burgers came to mind!

LOL

Bob

Can I have a beer at the end instead of the burger?:dunno::chuckle:chuckle

I wanted to show a picture of the many cards I have recieved. Many of these are from XLR-net forum members.

Thank you all again. You all are a very special group of people.

Bob

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back