Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hand Accident

Bob

We are so sorry to hear of your accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Todd & Karen

As I was reading about your sad ordeal, I was wondering if there was consideration for a toe to thumb transplant ... I now see that is a possibility. I've seen good success with this operation ... Something to contemplate for the future.

Wishing you a speedy recovery ... Get well soon!

Driving with feet?

Hi 427 & friends,
The toe-to-thumb transplant is a viable option. The hospital here has performed this procedure many times and has a great deal of experience. The Dr. who worked on me yesterday is laying the groundwork to do this.

Bob

Hi Lola,
Yes it is. I may be the only one in San Antonio that can drive there with a foot and hand on the wheel!

Bob

Hi Lola,
Yes it is. I may be the only one in San Antonio that can drive there with a foot and hand on the wheel!

Bob

Good to see you are keeping a sense of humor through out the ordeal. Then again we knew you would.

Hi Lola,

Bob

I don't Bob, did you see Marion driving my X in Effingham when I was driving yours. She may have had both feet on the wheel!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Keep your spirits up, I know you'll get through this--and you being an engineer, you're probably already thinking of some kind of bionic component to get you back to par. Take care and don't rush your recovery it will be a long battle.

Your Friend,

It keeps getting better...

I was looking at the local newspaper online this morning and found that my employer has gone bankrupt and is closing up. Now another added twist....

Bob

Jeez, Bob .... when it rains, it pours ... :rolleyes:

Will this affect you? Did the employees not know???

I was looking at the local newspaper online this morning and found that my employer has gone bankrupt and is closing up. Now another added twist....

Bob

Sorry Bob. I was thinking the same thing as Madam. When it rains it pours.

Bob - I've been out of town and out of touch. My thoughts and prayers are with you. George

Bob, just finally got a chance to get online to the forum. Sorry about your injury. Let us know if we can be of any help. Miss you guys.

Marc and Kris

Bob,
We haven't heard from you for a couple of days. How are you doing? Drop us a note to let us know your okay.

Just an Update for everyone

I just got off the phone with Bob and he is now home starting his healing process. As he said the reattachment was not successful. He has a nurse coming daily it sounds like to keep the wound clean and change his bandages. He also said there is some damage to his 'signaling' :thefinger:finger which they are keeping an eye on. He will be looking at a toe thumb transplant in the future. He is in good spirits and thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

I am taking the liberty of posting his address, if anyone cares to send him a note or card. (I hope he doesn't get mad at me):ugh:

Robert Leonard
3689 W. Lake Paradise Rd.
Mattoon, IL 61938

Let's all hope his healing is fast so we can get him and Paula to join us in San Antonio in May '09

Cubby, I guess we all have our loses. I lost my 94 year old dad yesterday. Lived a good life. Guess you all should know how easy it was for him.
A wire came loose from his pacemaker about 3 weeks ago and he was very tired and no one knew why. After finding the problem they put a new one in on the other side because the old area was sort of messy. I think he had loss of oxygen due to a slow heart rate and his brain couldn't supply the needed elements to the rest of his body and they started to deterate. My sister and brother where headed back to the hospital last night to get him hooked up to a machine and see if he could bounce back but when they arrived he had passed on just by taking one last breath. When it comes time for me I hope my God lets me go that easy.
If any of you still have a dad, just walk up and give him a big hung and smile at him. He will understand.

Cubby, I guess we all have our loses. I lost my 94 year old dad yesterday. Lived a good life.

Bob, I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Robert (First Robin)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom