Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

National Corvette Homecoming 7/14-7/16/11

..as do I!!! It's GOOD to be an official "Ambassador" for Makers Mark! :cool:

It is a great tour, and one of the last truly hand-made bourbons around. I highly recommend it!

PS to Boilermaker: Did you get your gift from the distillery this year? I have lots of round ice cubes rolling around my freezer now!!

yes they look like snow balls in the freezer

Another item to try while in Bowling Green is made by the Kentucky Brewing co.
It is "Kentucky Bourbon Ale". A beer fermented in old bourbon barrels

Its a ale with a slight taste of bourbon with a big kick.

30!!!!

Welcome RURSIN !

This is, for sure, going to be the most wonderful homecoming ever .....!

Don't miss the opportunity to come join us - you will be so glad you went ....
This is a once in a lifetime event for the XLR - Be there!
:party

Unionrunner

Glad to add one more to the list. Look forward to meeting and sharing a brew or two!

Unionrunner & Coach

DANG!!!! I am going to be sorry for anyone who misses this, because it may not happen for a long time! I am glad I am going to be a part of it!!

OK...Corndog is all signed up and has reservations at the Courtyard. In on the 14th out on the 17th. (If we play golf, I'll just drive up early, I guess.) Since I missed the last SUPER RENDEZVOUS in Bowling Green, I'm really looking forward to this MINI RENDEZVOUS. It will be great to see some of our west of the Mississippi (was that enough crooked letters?) freinds, too!

OK...Corndog is all signed up and has reservations at the Courtyard. In on the 14th out on the 17th. (If we play golf, I'll just drive up early, I guess.) Since I missed the last SUPER RENDEZVOUS in Bowling Green, I'm really looking forward to this MINI RENDEZVOUS. It will be great to see some of our west of the Mississippi (was that enough crooked letters?) freinds, too!
You're in, Georgie!
:wave:

July 2011 Plant Shutdown

We've received an official announcement that the plant will be closed for production the first 2 weeks of July. That will be July 4 through July 17. It is normal for production to be down for model changeover during the first 2 weeks of July.

That means there will be NO plant tours during the National Corvette Homecoming in Bowling Green, KY.

The plant is an hour and a half from my house, so I hope I can attend.

Due to my erratic work travel, I can't yet commit. :willy_nilly:

We've received an official announcement that the plant will be closed for production the first 2 weeks of July. That will be July 4 through July 17. It is normal for production to be down for model changeover during the first 2 weeks of July.

That means there will be NO plant tours during the National Corvette Homecoming in Bowling Green, KY.

Well, that seems like pretty poor planning on someone's part!!! :mad::mad:

Thats really too bad ... looks like we will just have to get back down to Bowling Green this fall... maybe for a Fall Drive, huh? :wave:

Disapointing. Glad we took the tour two years ago.

NCH plant

I am sooo disappointed about the plant tour. I am bringing my vette buddy to Bowling Green, and that was going to be a priority for me:mad:. Oh well,I will look forward to meeting some of you at the xlr parking lot. Any one traveling through southeast kansas or US 60 through sw Missouri on the way-give me a holler and maybe we can travel along. I will be the black v with the gray vette FOLLOWING! lol

I sent an email to Joe Priutt expressing my dissapointment that the plant will be closed during Homecoming. I also told him that it seemed to be real bad planning. I will post back his reply when I get one...

I dont' think you can blame Joe for the planning. Most auto plants shutdown at the end of June-to first week or two of July for the model year change over. If there are no significant changes proposed, sometimes the shutdown only lasts a week. The Ford Chicago Assembly Plant does the same thing at the same time of year. Their shutdown is always two-three weeks, as they are building three different vehicles on one assembly line. Joe probably figured they would be back to work by then.

I sent an email to Joe Priutt expressing my dissapointment that the plant will be closed during Homecoming. I also told him that it seemed to be real bad planning. I will post back his reply when I get one...

I dont' think you can blame Joe for the planning. Most auto plants shutdown at the end of June-to first week or two of July for the model year change over. If there are no significant changes proposed, sometimes the shutdown only lasts a week. The Ford Chicago Assembly Plant does the same thing at the same time of year. Their shutdown is always two-three weeks, as they are building three different vehicles on one assembly line. Joe probably figured they would be back to work by then.

I don't blame Joe for anything... it's just that if the plant shuts down on a yearly basis the first two weeks in July, I would have thought that the "Powers that be" would have scheduled the Homecoming for a different weekend.
I would imagine that most everyone at the Homecoming would like to tour the plant...

Rod,
I guess you're missing my point. GM should be to blame, if you look at the calendar, July 1st starts on Friday. If they shut down the last week of June and first week of July, it would not affect the Homecoming. Joe had these dates scheduled last year; GM just announced the shutdown--they knew when the Homecoming was scheduled because Joe has been in contact with them.

I don't blame Joe for anything... it's just that if the plant shuts down on a yearly basis the first two weeks in July, I would have thought that the "Powers that be" would have scheduled the Homecoming for a different weekend.
I would imagine that most everyone at the Homecoming would like to tour the plant...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom