Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

National Corvette Homecoming 7/14-7/16/11

Dave Leone to attend Homecoming

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In August 2009, Dave was named Global Vehicle Chief Engineer for Global Rear Wheel Drive and Performance Cars. The Rear Wheel Drive cars include the all new Cadillac CTS (Sedan, Wagon and Coupe), STS, SLS produced in China, DTS, Buick Lucerne, and the products built in Australia under the Holden nameplate. The Performance cars include the Chevrolet Corvette and all new Chevy Camaro.

He previously has had key Engineering and Leadership roles for numerous GM products, especially Cadillac vehicles. In August 2005, Leone was named Global Vehicle Chief Engineer for Luxury Rear Wheel Drive Vehicles - Cadillac STS, SRX, CTS and SLS. Prior to that, Dave was Chief Engineer for Cadillac SIGMA products. From 1999 - 2004 David Leone was Chief Engineer for the Cadillac XLR, leading the development and execution of the 2004 XLR, a luxury roadster targeted at being a flagship for the new and resurgent era of Cadillac. From 1996-99, Leone worked as Director of Interiors for the former GM North America Car Group. In the mid-1990s, Leone served as Program Director within Planning for new versions of the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville, and was responsible for total vehicle integration on the Deville that debuted as a 1994 model. Previous to those assignments Leone worked in several engineering roles, including body, chassis, validation and ride & handling development.

Leone began his career at GM in 1979. He has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Oakland University and a M.B.A. from Wayne State University. He is a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and mentors a diverse group of young engineers.

[/FONT]
on.jsp

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In August 2009, Dave was named Global Vehicle Chief Engineer for Global Rear Wheel Drive and Performance Cars. The Rear Wheel Drive cars include the all new Cadillac CTS (Sedan, Wagon and Coupe), STS, SLS produced in China, DTS, Buick Lucerne, and the products built in Australia under the Holden nameplate. The Performance cars include the Chevrolet Corvette and all new Chevy Camaro.

He previously has had key Engineering and Leadership roles for numerous GM products, especially Cadillac vehicles. In August 2005, Leone was named Global Vehicle Chief Engineer for Luxury Rear Wheel Drive Vehicles - Cadillac STS, SRX, CTS and SLS. Prior to that, Dave was Chief Engineer for Cadillac SIGMA products. From 1999 - 2004 David Leone was Chief Engineer for the Cadillac XLR, leading the development and execution of the 2004 XLR, a luxury roadster targeted at being a flagship for the new and resurgent era of Cadillac. From 1996-99, Leone worked as Director of Interiors for the former GM North America Car Group. In the mid-1990s, Leone served as Program Director within Planning for new versions of the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville, and was responsible for total vehicle integration on the Deville that debuted as a 1994 model. Previous to those assignments Leone worked in several engineering roles, including body, chassis, validation and ride & handling development.

Leone began his career at GM in 1979. He has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Oakland University and a M.B.A. from Wayne State University. He is a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and mentors a diverse group of young engineers.

[/FONT]
on.jsp

COOL!!!!

"NCH"

I just completed reservations and registration for the NCH event coming up this next July. This looks like it will be a lot of fun and Sharon and I look forward to seeing a bunch of you folks again.

Jim

I just completed reservations and registration for the NCH event coming up this next July. This looks like it will be a lot of fun and Sharon and I look forward to seeing a bunch of you folks again.

Jim
That's great Jim. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jim
Jim, it will be great to see you & Sharon again. You are correct, it will be a lot of fun. We are going to have a good showing of XLRs in BG.:wave:

Jim

Really glad you and Sharon are going. Maybe we can get some others from here and have a good caravan. I met a lady that lives in your area, she has a silver 2005 I think and she indicated she would be interested in going. I have their names but not a phone number.

Looking at the fact we have 400+ members on this site and not all are on here as frequenently as some of us; I've taken the liberty of emailing members that haven't been on here for awhile. I'd like some help doing this from others. I have gone through the member list from W-Z (figured that would be the easiest to start with--boy was I wrong:pat:)

Anyway, if some others would do the same, maybe we can get over 100 cars to show up at the Homecoming!! Just post here and let us know which part of the alphabet you are working on.

Bruce,
Sharon and I look froward to this event as it should be great. It will be great to see you and Kathy again and a bunch more folks. We have been thinking about trying to make your Carolina trip in April as well,but don't know for sure just yet.

Jim

Chad & Rogene signed up! We're at the Marriott, July 13th - 17th. Now to get signed up for the events! Plus got to work on the NC trip!! Wow,,,, so many things to do!!

Glad to hear you'll be joining us for both trips!!:):) Are you sure you guys can handle this much fun:chuckle:chuckle

Chad & Rogene signed up! We're at the Marriott, July 13th - 17th. Now to get signed up for the events! Plus got to work on the NC trip!! Wow,,,, so many things to do!!

So what does the "list" of people look like now? I know there is still a lot of time ... but the hotels do fill up quickly, I hear. Let's see if we can get at least 30 cars by Thanksgiving. :cool:

How about some folks that joined us at Bobfest this year? They KNOW how much fun we are to hang with. :)

Don't forget to register soon.

PLEASE, lets keep it up on top. :wave:[/QUOTE]
You cant be serious that you want no one to post or answer post until July 2011. Thats almost 8 months from now. :confused:

Speedway

http://www.corvettehomecoming.com/

While @ MAM Funfest on Saturday, Joe Pruitt stopped by the MM parking corral & invited our group to Bowling Green, KY. to participate in The National Corvette Homecoming. The XLRs will be on display during the event with their own parking area. This will be the first year that the XLRs will be part of the event. It would be great to have a large number of XLRs show up for this.
I will have more info soon. Check out the link and mark your calenders for July 14-16 2011. :wave:
Bruce, I had this posted but maybe this will help people have an idea of how big aan Event it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkcH13VYaqM

Speedway:)

Its too bad this thread keeps getting pushed down ... PLEASE, lets keep it up on top. :wave:

It and the hotel information are "stickys" under "Events."

I have a person that I will contact & see if we can do this...I'll let you know.

I talked to my contact and he is willing to give a private tour to 20 people. Which day he does this will all depend on what the production schedule is for the plant. As the event gets closer, we will know which day.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom