Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

National Corvette Homecoming 7/14-7/16/11

I talked to my contact and he is willing to give a private tour to 20 people. Which day he does this will all depend on what the production schedule is for the plant. As the event gets closer, we will know which day.

Please sign me up!

I talked to my contact and he is willing to give a private tour to 20 people. Which day he does this will all depend on what the production schedule is for the plant. As the event gets closer, we will know which day.

Yes, please include both of us as well. I'll cancel the scheduled tour I already booked. Thanks for looking into this.

I have just ordered a tourism guide from BG

I know there is a Harley store down the street from where we will be staying. We will have to plan going there one day. ;)

Devin and I are definitely interested! Put us down as well. :rocker:

It and the hotel information are "stickys" under "Events."

The Attendee List is also now a separate thread under the Events Forum ... :blinzel: You can still post here .... I will pick up the names sooner or later ... :D I will, I promise!

C'mon ....! If you're a working person, get that time-off scheduled .... if you're a retiree .... YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE ( that's what everyone keeps telling me ;) )

By all means... put Cindy & I down on this list, as well.
Thanks for checking into this...

We would love to take the tour again, even though it will be sad to see the empty spaces where our XLRs were built. :bawling:

The tour of the plant was neat. Anyone that hasn't done it before I would advise you it is well worth the tour.

The tour of the plant was neat. Anyone that hasn't done it before I would advise you it is well worth the tour.
I remember when Devin and I toured the plant back in the summer of 2003 (stopped by during our family vacation - on our way to Disney). The XLR production was just under way - when I asked about it, they pointed to a dark corner of the plant - couldn't hardly see anything.

I agree the Plant tour is one for your Bucket List. Both Ingrid and I always talk about this Tour I have found a link that will give you some what of an idea of what you will see. Its very exciting and fun. You can talk to the assembly workers extremely nice men and women. This is an event that you will remember. If you havent been this is a fantastic opportunity to go see where your XLR was given birth. There will be GM reps there you can ask them about the XLR and if they plan on its return. SUPER GREAT TIME!!!!:D

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=corvette+plant+video&FORM=VDRE&qpvt=corvette+plant+video

Speedway:wave:

Kathy, is going to talk to our friend in BG today and see if she can talk him into either adding more spaces or adding a 2nd tour. It is great to see the early interest in the plant tour. :wave:

Here's the list of people that are planning on taking a private tour of the Bowling Green Assembly plant during the Homecoming event in July. The tour will be either Thursday 14th or Friday 15th (depending on the plant schedule). We will let you know which day as the event gets closer.
The group will be limited to 20 people.

Chicago Dave (2)
onalaska (2)
GizmoQ (2)
madmac (2)
mtrocket (2)
XLR-V Lover (2)
whit (7)

Kathy, is going to talk to our friend in BG today and see if she can talk him into either adding more spaces or adding a 2nd tour. It is great to see the early interest in the plant tour. :wave:

WOW! I'm glad so many are interested in the plant tour. As Bruce mentioned, I will see if we can do a 2nd "private tour." Even if I can't get another private tour, you can still register for a tour.

We've been twice for each Rendezvous back there - When the XLR was being mfg .... at that time, touring both assembly lines, it was a LONG walk. Be prepared to know that if anyone has a physical issue. We will never forget how great our tours were ..... for those of you who weren't around there, during our last XLR event, we were given the privilege to take our car on the 'secret' squeek and rattle test track in the netherland of the factory property. That was so cool ...... 90 XLR's parading around the track. The people that work there seem to love their jobs and exude great enthusiasm when they talk about the car .... you feel so welcome - like a guest to their home .... and it is so cool that it is made in the :patriot: !

If you have not been there - be sure to put this on your to-do list and follow in up with a visit to the museum and just immerse yourself in GM history ..... :)

WOW! I'm glad so many are interested in the plant tour. As Bruce mentioned, I will see if we can do a 2nd "private tour." Even if I can't get another private tour, you can still register for a tour.
This is so much fun and excitement that one is never enough. The reason is you will be so excited that you will miss things you didnt take enought time to look at so you will want that second time in order to obsorb the full impact. ;)

Speedway:)

We've been twice for each Rendezvous back there - When the XLR was being mfg .... at that time, touring both assembly lines, it was a LONG walk. Be prepared to know that if anyone has a physical issue. We will never forget how great our tours were ..... for those of you who weren't around there, during our last XLR event, we were given the privilege to take our car on the 'secret' squeek and rattle test track in the netherland of the factory property. That was so cool ...... 90 XLR's parading around the track. The people that work there seem to love their jobs and exude great enthusiasm when they talk about the car .... you feel so welcome - like a guest to their home .... and it is so cool that it is made in the :patriot: !

If you have not been there - be sure to put this on your to-do list and follow in up with a visit to the museum and just immerse yourself in GM history ..... :)

Kevin and I are not going to go on the tour this time. Since there is limited amount able to do the tour we were going to let someone that hasn't been there yet go. It is something to see.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom