Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear swaybar parts list '04-'09

IMG_20180826_101842_323.jpgIMG_20180827_221916_530_resized.jpgSway Bar.jpg
I'd never installed one, or even looked under the car to do it, until I got mine. SUPER easy! I bought a used Z06 sway bar with the end links included off of Ebay for $75. I cleaned it all up & spray painted the swaybar blue. That took way longer than installing it! LOL! Install took about 10- 15 minutes. Nothing to remove & easy access. Just 8 bolts & you're done. (2 on the end links & 2 on the bar clamps each side) Major, MAJOR improvement! No more wishy washy rear end & so much better in the curves.

Had to drill the holes ?
Just picked mine up today....I fell in love with it driving it home and a car that you want to keep looking at !
Yours must be beautiful from what I see.

I did it on my garage floor. Super easy. Easier than taking off a wheel. No jacking the car up or anything. No drilling. All the holes are already there. There was a piece of black adhesive backed plastic that needed to be peeled off on either side. You can see the shiney spots where it was in the pics above.

Last edited:
Wow, without lifting...I have to look at it tomorrow....holes are already there ?
Which year do you have ?
Nice to meet you...the information is greatly appreciated.

20181212_160339 - Copy.jpg20181212_155919 - Copy.jpg
Had to drill the holes ?
Just picked mine up today....I fell in love with it driving it home and a car that you want to keep looking at !
Yours must be beautiful from what I see.
You're gonna be stoked with it! I've had mine since June of last year is all. Had 40,004 miles on it. I've already added 18,000 since then!

Wow, without lifting...I have to look at it tomorrow....holes are already there ?
Which year do you have ?
Nice to meet you...the information is greatly appreciated.
Mine's an 06. Yep, holes already drilled & tapped. Just lay down, slide over & it's all right there as you can see in my pics above. Like Geico says..."So easy, even a Caveman can do it." LOL!
Glad I can help. :)

MrSunshine, really like what you’ve done with the blue “accents,” looks great! :thumbsup Like those wheels too.

MrSunshine, really like what you’ve done with the blue “accents,” looks great! :thumbsup Like those wheels too.
Thank you! The wheels were custom made for the car.
Would you have any idea WHO I might speak with or where to look for information on an engine swap? I have an 06 supercharged, lc3 motor from an STS-V (Rated at 469 hp) I'd like to transplant into my base 06 XLR.

if you have a couple of 2x6 you can pull the rear wheels up on its super easy. Best bang for the buck even at full gm cost in my opinion.

Bruce,
Were you the person that told me about the rear V sway bar being easy to install without lifting the car ?I remember someone telling me that and showing me pictures of it installed after painting blue.
Can't find it on here.
Thanks, Brad

That was me. If you go back one page in this thread, you'll find the pics & explanation. Or if you want to call me, that's ok too! (480) 297-4850 Super, SUPER easy!

Bruce,
Were you the person that told me about the rear V sway bar being easy to install without lifting the car ?I remember someone telling me that and showing me pictures of it installed after painting blue.
Can't find it on here.
Thanks, Brad

Thanks Bruce.
It does look easy enough and I see I can do it without lifting the car so no problem.
I called the GMpartscenter and the parts are discontinued.
Called my local Caddy /Chevy dealer and has the links in stock but the V sway bar is discontinued...after a lot of persistence, I finally got him to look up the bar on a base '09 Corvette...so the bar is $110 and the 2 links $112.
So I think I'm going to just buy the kit that this N.J. Caddy Parts store has for $270.
I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if they are GM parts....it looks too easy not to put them on.
Someone on here said I need torque numbers ?
I do appreciate the help.
Thanks , Brad

I'm not Bruce. I'm Michael aka "Mr. Sunshine". 😁

My apologies my Friend.
I had seen the name Bruce at the bottom of the parts list....sorry for the mix-up and appreciate the photos. I'm sure I'll have no problem.
I should have the bar here tomorrow.
By the way, in the XLR store that advertises on here has a high performance air intake .Do you have that on your car ?
Thanks Again, Brad

No problem. I just didn't want to confuse "Bruce"! LOL!
I don't have the cold air intake...yet. There was one for sale on ebay this week, but I didn't win. 😞 They're not cheap! Typically, $300 +

It's $369 at that XLR store on here.
Can you tell me anything about it ?
Install ? Can it hurt anything at all ?
Is it worth doing ?
I guess it's more of a free flow less restrictive air flow.
Thanks.

They look super cool! 😎
They're "supposed" to improve performance through better intake airflow. It will also sound more aggressive under full throttle.

Air Intake

Easy installation I assume.
Someone removed due to error messages .
Wouldn't want to do it if it mixes up the car.
Anyone else that sees this has it on their base XLR (2005).

Very easy install.
As for it causing a CEL (Check Engine Light) goes, you just never know why some it will & some it won't. (In ANY brand. Not just Cadillac) As for our cars, the computers in 04-05, 06, 07-09 are all different. Which makes it definitely worth you while to investigate the threads in here & ask more questions. I don't believe there's any chance of it hurting your engine though. I think the air flow sensor getting more air can confuse the computer to throw the CEL, but won't actually cause the engine to respond negatively. Again, I'd check around to be sure & safe. If I discover anything, I'll let you know. Please do the same. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom