Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have heard back from Megan at the museum and she indicated that the drawings of the cars would be too much detail for the sandblasters to work with. She recommended the SILHOUETTE design. I have told her to move forward with the following design. This brick is going to look fantastic!

View attachment 2258 :blinzel:

Ok, Bruce & I had received the proof from Megan last week and we have approved it. Megan says it will take about 4 - 5 weeks before the brick will be in place at the museum.

She says that NOW would be a good time for any others to order any of the small 4x8 bricks to surround the large XLR brick. By having enough smaller bricks around the big brick, it will secure the large brick better - so when other small bricks are added, it will not disturb the large brick as much. Its a great opportunity to have a PERSONALIZED small brick placed next to the XLR brick. Personalized bricks could be for yourself, for your spouse (as a gift), as a memorial (for someone very close to you who shared your love of the XLR), etc.... You can personalize your smaller brick with your name, what year XLR you have or maybe a "quote" that you like (maybe one you wanted on the big brick, but it wasn't selected). Just contact Megan at the National Corvette Museum and she will be happy to take your order over the phone.

Megan Meredith
Corvette Blvd Brick Program
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270.781.7973 ext 136

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR WORK, IDEAS, and DONATIONS FOR MAKING THIS BRICK A REALITY. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAD TO BOWLING GREEN AND SEE THE BRICK, WHEN IT IS IN PLACE. :blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

XLR Brick is in place!

Thank you to all who made this brick a reality! :party:party

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 314
Looks AWESOME!!! Thanks to everyone for making the brick a reality. Can't wait to see it in person, it's in section 5. :wave:

Thank you to all who made this brick a reality! :party:party
Wendy & I love it! It turned out Awesome! :rocker:I figured they be placing it soon Megan sent me a picture of our 4x8 on Monday! Thanks again too all who donated & added your suggestion to set this in stone forever!

Wendy & Dan :wave:

XLR Brick Photos

I stopped by the NCM on the way home from Florida and found our brick. It looks great! Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. As you drive up to the main entrance circle, our brick is to the right behind the benches. In the photo, you can see our brick in the lower left part of the second photo just above the brick that says "Uncle P."
Thanks, again...:wave:

Attachments

• IMG_2850R.jpg
    IMG_2850R.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2854R.jpg
    IMG_2854R.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 284
Nice job.

Great Debate

After a couple of months of debating on what to put on our brick, Amy and I found a combo we both liked. I ordered the small brick last week through NCM's online store and then I sent an email to make sure it was placed with the 24x24 XLR Brick.

I received an email back from Megan letting me know our 4x8 brick would be placed with the 24x24 XLR Brick. She also said once it is placed, she would email a picture showing its placement.

Since we aren't members, it cost $125 for the small brick 4x8 and I elected to purchase a duplicate small brick for $75 for our XLR display at home.

I can't wait for the photo!!
:jump:

After a couple of months of debating on what to put on our brick, Amy and I found a combo we both liked. I ordered the small brick last week through NCM's online store and then I sent an email to make sure it was placed with the 24x24 XLR Brick.

I received an email back from Megan letting me know our 4x8 brick would be placed with the 24x24 XLR Brick. She also said once it is placed, she would email a picture showing its placement.

Since we aren't members, it cost $125 for the small brick 4x8 and I elected to purchase a duplicate small brick for $75 for our XLR display at home.

Be sure to post it here!!

Victor V It will be nice have you laid in stone with rest of us Bricks! Ha! Ha! Can't wait to see a picture of us all together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

I am a Founding Member of the NCM from 1993, even before they dug the first shovel. I have had several Vettes but sold the last one five years ago and bought the XLR in 2011 because it was built in Bowling Green. Never bought a brick for the Vettes but bought the brick for the XLR last year. Never been to the Museum but Carly and I plan trip to Bowling Green this fall. I'm from KY so want to do the Bourbon Trail also. Got to figure out how to afford the new Vette and keep the XLR. The new Vette looks awesome except for the Camaro tail lights. :blinzel: KEEP THE WAVE!! I wave at Vettes but they don't know why.:wave:

Cool to know that you are members that long of time! We also was thinking about tripping down sometime around the end of Sept or 1st week of Oct. to NCM. We just join NCM this year when we order are brick got to join or brick for 25.00$ less! Weather should be good that time of the year right? We never had owned Corvette either but fell in love with the XLR at first site!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Mike, congrats on the brick, it will look great with all of the other XLR bricks. :wave:

I am a Founding Member of the NCM from 1993, even before they dug the first shovel. I have had several Vettes but sold the last one five years ago and bought the XLR in 2011 because it was built in Bowling Green. Never bought a brick for the Vettes but bought the brick for the XLR last year.

KEEP THE WAVE!! I wave at Vettes but they don't know why.:wave:

That says a lot about you AND XLR's. Pretty impressive!

I usually give a thumbs up to XLR's when I see them, & usually get one back. I don't wave or do anything else to any other types of cars.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom