Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

Just heard about all the HAIL and TORNADOES northeast of Denver... hope nobody got caught it any!!!

We had a litte rain today for a brief amount of time, otherwise just another beautiful day in paradice. Tonight the majority sat around the fire pits outside at the Cheyenne Mt. Resort and visited, some were eating, some were sipping, everyone just enjoying Colorful Colorado. Wish you and Cindy were here. Jack from Lawndale, Calif arrived this afternoon. I think tomorrow some are going up Pikes Peak and some are not. Everyone seems to be having a great time and I am glad the weather is co-operating.

Ahhh, but you left out some of the best parts.....

Diamond Del strumming and singing John Denver, Neil Diamond and all the old favorites in his beautiful voice ..... Supa, HGR and Quinny singing "backup" ... Da-da-DAH! .... Photo Girl giggling while she's catching some great shots of Isaiah, Jetboy and me while Marion supplies a little BAM! ....Cubby harmonizing with Dave and George (who would have guesed? Jack playing "stump the singer" .... (he did) .... Bruce, polishing off his normal 2-6 paks ... Ro and PopBigGuy and the Detail guys had permanent content smiles ... don't know if that was from the booze or the great atmosphere ....
I am guessing there will be no pictures posted until this event is over. These people are busy almost the whole of 24 hours ...
So, I was so worried about an itenery .... turns out Karma got me ... on Day 2 I got a cold that has held me tied to a Kleenex box and pile of blankets .... I think today its better - but meanwhile PhotoGirl and Cubby were out bungy-ing over the Gorge, the group has covered this part of Colorado pretty throughly ... and I've missed what I have been looking forward to for almost a year .. well, at least like the rest of you, I will have pictures! Tonight we are going to take the cars to a local car show tonight ... and tomorrow???
Let me just say once again .... as we sat around the fire last night, I gazed at each and everyone sitting there and thought to myself ... how incredibly lucky am I to have met each and everyone of them .... thanks Lola.:love:

In an extremely high pitched voice and if you listen real closely you can hear Lola say "Your welcome mom! :chuckle:laugh::reddevil:laugh::chuckle:D:reddevil:lol::laugh:
Ahhh, but you left out some of the best parts.....

Diamond Del strumming and singing John Denver, Neil Diamond and all the old favorites in his beautiful voice ..... Supa, HGR and Quinny singing "backup" ... Da-da-DAH! .... Photo Girl giggling while she's catching some great shots of Isaiah, Jetboy and me while Marion supplies a little BAM! ....Cubby harmonizing with Dave and George (who would have guesed? Jack playing "stump the singer" .... (he did) .... Bruce, polishing off his normal 2-6 paks ... Ro and PopBigGuy and the Detail guys had permanent content smiles ... don't know if that was from the booze or the great atmosphere ....
I am guessing there will be no pictures posted until this event is over. These people are busy almost the whole of 24 hours ...
So, I was so worried about an itenery .... turns out Karma got me ... on Day 2 I got a cold that has held me tied to a Kleenex box and pile of blankets .... I think today its better - but meanwhile PhotoGirl and Cubby were out bungy-ing over the Gorge, the group has covered this part of Colorado pretty throughly ... and I've missed what I have been looking forward to for almost a year .. well, at least like the rest of you, I will have pictures! Tonight we are going to take the cars to a local car show tonight ... and tomorrow???
Let me just say once again .... as we sat around the fire last night, I gazed at each and everyone sitting there and thought to myself ... how incredibly lucky am I to have met each and everyone of them .... thanks Lola.:love:

Hey Ruthie

A couple Bloody Marys should rejuvenate you. Hope you feel better soon. Tell everyone Karen and I said Hi.

Todd

Ruthie...
Sure hope your feeling up to par soon!!!!! The more I read, the more I wish we could have made it down!!! Well, like I've said before, "You can't do everything"... sure wish you could, though!!!

We had a litte rain today for a brief amount of time, otherwise just another beautiful day in paradice. Tonight the majority sat around the fire pits outside at the Cheyenne Mt. Resort and visited, some were eating, some were sipping, everyone just enjoying Colorful Colorado. Wish you and Cindy were here. Jack from Lawndale, Calif arrived this afternoon. I think tomorrow some are going up Pikes Peak and some are not. Everyone seems to be having a great time and I am glad the weather is co-operating.

Thanks, FR... I wish we could have made it also.

Just got home from being with everyone, we all were at a car show earlier and then to the Hampton Inn and sat around visiting. Linda and Jack Parker and Rich (Homegameroom) are heading for home early in the morning. Sad to see them leave. Another busy day is planed for tomorrow. This week sure has gone fast. Tomorrow they plan to stop in at Red Noland Cadillac.

Hey Ruthie

A couple Bloody Marys should rejuvenate you. Hope you feel better soon. Tell everyone Karen and I said Hi.

Todd

You know, Todd - we DO miss you and Karen, Cindy and Rod ... Jim and Jean .... Bob and Jello .... and, well, you all know who's not here - wish you were .... but we are having a really nice time - already Ray and I know we will have a much longer drive next year ... and we will be there ... I'm tellin' you, you have to start planning NOW. :blinzel: It is so worth it. Thanks you all for the good wishes, I do feel human today ... look out for that nasty lil' flu bug that's going around, it's a sneaky one .. gets you quick!
I'm just like the rest of you .... can't wait to see the pictures ... Kathy says she has taken HUNDREDS ... I know a couple of pictures I can't wait to see .... can you all say BAM!????
Today's weather was AWESOME ... not a cloud, very summerish ... warm night .... perfect. And no bugs and no humidity .... hurrah!! :rocker:
Tomorrow is our last day here ... the time has flown .... I can't believe that I will have to wait another year to see you all .....

Jack Kimbrough from Lawndale, Calif., phoned me this morning and asked me to let eeryone here know he headed out to Idaho Falls, Idaho to see his daughter before she goes back to Wisconsin. I guess tomorrow the rest of the group will be leaving. Was nice to see everyone again and spend some time with them. Safe trip home to all of you and come back when you can.:wave::wave::wave:

"Safe trip home"

I just wanted to drop you all a line and say what a pleasure it was to meet everyone and thank you for letting Sharon and I join in with the group. I hope you all enjoyed your time here in colorful Colorado and have a safe trip home.

Jim

It was indeed a great trip to Colorado Springs. It was also great to see our old friends and to meet the new ones. And a big THANK YOU to ALL the "locals" for all their suggestions, guidance and help!

Thanks to Quinn, Cubby, and Cadillac Tech for the work they did on the shirts, logo, dash plaques, other merchandise, and organization.

I guess a big THANK YOU goes out to all! I had a great time (in spite of the lack of my XLR, which I should pick up tomorrow).

Safe travels to all!:rocker::rocker:

The WIND blew them in and the WIND is blowing them out. Glad we didn't have too much while everyone was here. We actually had pretty good weather all week. We enjoyed having you in our beautiful state and hope you will all come back again. Thanks to those that came and am sorry those that wanted to come and had to cancel were not with us, we all missed you.

I'm home, safe and sound, and so is my XLR. She was ready to pick up this morning; I left Sioux Falls, SD at abou 8:30 Central and got home at about 111:15PM Eastern. There were highway partol cars EVERYWHERE!!

Tomorrow will be spent cleaning the car up - she's dirty and the front is COVERED with bugs!

Safe travels to all.

The WIND blew them in and the WIND is blowing them out. Glad we didn't have too much while everyone was here. We actually had pretty good weather all week. We enjoyed having you in our beautiful state and hope you will all come back again. Thanks to those that came and am sorry those that wanted to come and had to cancel were not with us, we all missed you.
Yep ... Gone with the wind .... the good news for us is that we left them there - it has been a beautiful trip back into Albuquerque .... blessedly uneventful. Today was our short day ... tomorrow our long as we will head into San Diego from here.
Glad you and Misti are safe and sound, Richie .... I heard from the MM's earlier ... they put in a 12 hr road day .... Now I know what they are doing all winter when they can't get out ... they are resting up - I have never seen a group of people who have so much energy ... they really make hay when the sun shines .... :rocker: You guys are my idols...:worship: I asked Ray if we were like that in our 40's ... he said he doens't remember ... :pat:
We went back to the Hampton last night to tell them all goodbye ... but they still weren't in off of the last daytrip ... and we had already had dinner!
Thankfully, I left my cold in CS too ...
Welcome home everyone ...:love:

TRIVIA FOR CURIOUS MINDS

Stats for Colorado Gathering:

People: Total 22; 8 Lovely Ladies and 14 Guys.

Cars: Total 13; 6 XLR, 5 XLR V, 1 SRX-LR, 1 Corvette.
Colors; 5 Black, 5 Silver, 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 DIRTY.:chuckle

Countries: Total 2; Canada & USA.

States: Total 9; Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arizona, California & Colorado.

If Misty had made it the Silver count would have been six. Glad she is home safe and sound and you too Rich.

Thanks, Robert! Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

I'm ready to give Misty the bath she needs. You wouldn't believe the thick coat of dust that is on her from being in South Dakota. I requested no wash from the dealer, since the dust is very gritty.

I'm glad to hear you are home safe and sound with Misty. Too bad you didn't have her in CS... but you always make the best of things. I enjoyed the periodic updates - next best thing to being there. Will try really hard to make it next year. Devin & I always enjoy hanging with the MM's. Best bunch of car people I know!
Have a great weekend, Rich.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back