Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Dave - SO GLAD you’re doing well & SO HAPPY to hear you can probably make it. If I could give double likes for your post I would. :dance::dance:

Hope Devin can make it, we need all the crazy double XLR teams we can get!

Dash Plaques?

Hi Everybody!

We are wondering if anyone is providing dash plaques for the 15th anniversary? If not, it would be our pleasure to design and order them. If anyone has any info on this, PLEASE let us know.

Thanks!

P.S. Wow! Only a month to go!!!

Hi Everybody!

We are wondering if anyone is providing dash plaques for the 15th anniversary? If not, it would be our pleasure to design and order them. If anyone has any info on this, PLEASE let us know.

Thanks!

That would be awesome! I have not seen any post here that anyone has said about getting dash plaques!

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everybody!

Thanks!

That would be awesome! I have not seen any post here that anyone has said about getting dash plaques!

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t fret guys, that’s being taken care of! :thumbsup

Is there a Date and Location set for the Roundtable

It was previously recommended in having a Roundtable meeting discussing XLR issues. Has a decision been made? The 25th & 26th appear to have a light schedule in activities which we can perhaps have the meeting after dinner. Just food for thought. Can't wait to see all of my new XLR family members. Only 4 weeks away. :)

The round table night. The best night might be Thursday. This is do your own dinner (take the wife or other out to get away from the group for a night) , or, as I have in the itinerary, the pizza night. We'd all be in the hotel lobby or meeting room, what ever they give us.

Chad

I hope there will be pictures!

Hi All! When I first joined this forum, about a year ago, someone told me about this gathering. I have been following the posts for a while but, I'm very disappointed to say, we will not be able to attend. If there's another event for the 20th anniversary, we will definitely be joining y'all at that time. I hope there are some additional events we can join between now and then. In the meantime, I hope some of you will be posting pictures from this year's event. I can't even imagine what it would be like to see that many XLRs in one place.

I hope you all have an AWESOME time!

Our Cruise Into Bowling Green : )

HI All,

Our Journey will begin from Colorado. We will leave here early in "Gold Beauty", the morning of September 24th for the approximate 1,120 mile drive to Bowling Green (16.2 hours). Stay overnight half way, arriving in Bowling Green at The Marriott Courtyard late afternoon of September 25th. Our check out is scheduled for the morning of Sunday, September 30th for the long drive home. We are 'hoping' we won't run into snow as we re-enter Colorado and approach the mountains. :rolleyes: Yet 'always' a possibility this time of year here. --- Ex., The Blizzard of 97' hit here early October and paralyzed the whole state for four days with up to 4' of snow. Ugh. :( Fort Carson was using Half Tracks and Humvees to rescue people.

Per Cubby's recommendation I donated the $20.00 to The BG Corvette Club for the car show on Saturday September 29th. Hope they will let an XLR in? Guess I'll find out. :thumbsup

Chad, if you are reading this, please PM me your cell phone number since you have made yourself the 'focal point' (Silly Boy. ;)Thanks! - God Bless! - Say Hi to Rogene!) of this adventure. I will then give you a call or text you upon our arrival in BG. :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Good times, good friends.

God Bless, Charles and Shirley

PS. Chad & Rogene, Congratulations on your new Grandchild ;)

Last edited:
Graceland Trip?

Yes I’ve tried my hardest the times that a corvette show has been at the world golf village area. I’ve emailed and begged. But they keep responding back saying corvette only. They even said that yes several cars were produced at the bowling green area plant but this is strictly a vette only show. So I just go over anyway and look at all those cars. I know several people that own a vette and the one person in my car club says the corvette people are not nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Hawykeye,

I do not know where my head was on the drive into Graceland in Memphis? It is only a 1.2 hour drive from Bowling Green each way. "IF" (?) you and your Mom are still 'up' for this side trip, please count us in! Presently I am going to look into access and any tours offered. Possibly other Members of our XLR Group would also want to make this side trip?

Charles

Hey Hawykeye,

I do not know where my head was on the drive into Graceland in Memphis? It is only a 1.2 hour drive from Bowling Green each way. "IF" (?) you and your Mom are still 'up' for this side trip, please count us in! Presently I am going to look into access and any tours offered. Possibly other Members of our XLR Group would also want to make this side trip?

Charles

Well my mom and I will be first stoping in Graceland before heading into bowling green Kentucky. We will leave Florida Sunday early and drive up to tupilo or into Memphis. I can’t drive my moms van because it doesn’t have the right adaptive devices for me. The Xlr that I drive has a left foot accelerator and a suicide knob. That’s why she’ll be doing all the driving. We will stay Memphis from Kate Sunday to early Thursday. I think you were thinking of bowling green to Nashville. But Memphis-bowling green apple maps is saying a little over 4 hrs
095a8267fdae6f18e8e691119fb544ac.png

OOPS! YOU ARE CORRECT! MY MESS UP! - DARN.

Well my mom and I will be first stoping in Graceland before heading into bowling green Kentucky. We will leave Florida Sunday early and drive up to tupilo or into Memphis. I can’t drive my moms van because it doesn’t have the right adaptive devices for me. The Xlr that I drive has a left foot accelerator and a suicide knob. That’s why she’ll be doing all the driving. We will stay Memphis from Kate Sunday to early Thursday. I think you were thinking of bowling green to Nashville. But Memphis-bowling green apple maps is saying a little over 4 hrs
095a8267fdae6f18e8e691119fb544ac.png

Hawkeye, You are indeed correct. I did plot it to Nashville, not Memphis. And yes it is an approximate 4hr drive each way from BG to Memphis. My Bad. :( Totally makes sense that you and your Mom would do that first per your home being St. Augustine. Looks like there is going to be more discussion and figuring out logistics from this end. Any way we slice it, looking forward to meeting you and your Mom in BG.;)

Charles

I am new to the Forum, having just purchased my XLR this year, but we are interested in the 15th reunion idea at Bowling green. Thanks.
Ron

Are you making the trip to the 15th XLR reunion in Bowling Green on Sep 25th? If you are traveling through Atlanta (I-75N), we can possibly meet up on our way to BG. You can text me if interested 510-593-4398.

Last edited:
Cannot attend

You guys will have a great time. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend.

Bob

Bob

Sorry to see this Bob. Would've like to see you again!!

Cubby, Looks like only you and me for a reunion of the "club" from 2007!! :laugh: Don't want to pay those "dues" again!!!!

Chad

Yeah and I'm in a faster car now! I'm not going to go the same way. I'll find a different county to contribute to maybe! :laugh::laugh:

see you in a few weeks!

....................Cubby, Looks like only you and me for a reunion of the "club" from 2007!! :laugh: Don't want to pay those "dues" again!!!!

Chad

Bob

Dang, would have loved to see you again Bob. Hugs :knuddel:

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept. 26 - 28 2018

Hi Fellow XLR LOVERS,

I know I haven't been on the site for awhile, since I moved from Calif. to Mississippi in 2014 but I haven't forgotten ya'all. (Southern Talk :lol:)

It's a good thing I got your email Rob!
I had forgotten about this years homecoming and I'm making arrangements for the trip now. So count me in! (Just me, single again.)

I read something about sending money, whomever is collecting, please give me a call.
Home phone (228) 354-9538, Cell phone (228) 243-1193.

Got to go and get Star out of storage and pretty her up.

Jack
WB6BBZ

Wishing everyone a great time at the 15 year reunion. Diane and I will not be coming this year. I had tentatively made hotel reservations just in case we could make it, but cancelled the other day. We just got back from a 17 day, 3,000 mile trip to Kansas and Colorado in our new Tesla Model 3 and had a blast passing everything going uphill at 10,000 feet and not burning any gas, but decided to stay home for a while before we head to Florida later this year.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom