Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

I'll miss you guys

As bad as I'd like to join you all, my present situation cannot justify a trip to San Antonio. It just would not be a prudent expense these days.

I will be with you all in spirit and watching the website closely.

Kevin, Bruce, I'd like to join you at your meeting in Effingham. Let me know your ETA.

Bob

Since we want everyone to have all of the information, here is the latest. I will keep it updated if you wish, and try to post it often so that it doesn't get lost in the threads.

LATEST CAR COUNT --- 25!

ATTENDEE LIST FOR R4

Those names that are in bold are commited attendees.....

Staying at THE HILTON

1. Henry & Pat Baurley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA
3. Robert Barnes - First Robin - Colorado
4. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ
5. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
6. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw --- Gastonia, FL
7. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE
8. Fred & Ingrid Ledferd --- Speedway & wife ---Tucson, AZ
9. Jim & Jean Stokes - Jamsto & One Blue Bunny - Corrales, NM (2 cars!)

Staying at THE HAMPTON

10. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL
11. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh/Jeannie - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, IN
12. Marc & Kris Toffolo - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
13. Bob Blackman & Jaimie - Standby & daughter - Aliso Viejo, CA
14. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
15. Cathy & Dave Kinney- Quinn & Diamond Del - Avoca, WI
16. Jim & Fran Hill -- Crown Point,IN
17. George - IndyXLRVGuy - Indiana
18. Dale & Mary - xlr05 - Waterloo, IA
19. Rod & Cindy Hessler - mtrocket - Billings, MT
20. Dave & Deb Harrower - Harrower - Canton, OH
21. Todd and Karen Whittler - Whit - Millcreek,IN
22. Stephen Pennington & Ashlie - Windrestrictor --- TX (no hotel designated)
23. Galen & Leinda - Galen & wife - MO

Those who have expressed interest, but not yet committed

1. Larry and Shirley Fahrenkamp, Noblesville,IN
2. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
3. Bob & Paula Leonard - rleonard
4. Mr & Mrs Ben Hoffman - XLR28 - Omaha, NE !! Maybe ....
5. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
6. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
7. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC

HOTEL INFORMATION

The Professor got a good deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, ..... $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009

The Hampton Inn-Downtown San Antonio. .... special rate of $121 per night and special parking. The phone # 210-225-8500 or www.sanantoniodowntown.hamptoninn.com. Mention the XLR group when calling or type in XLR for the Group/Convention Code if making reservations online.

LAS CRUCES MOTEL INFO FOR CONVOY:
La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

(Just a reminder - if you even think you might be going - make your reservation NOW - this is a holiday weekend and these hotels are going to fill up fast.)

SHIRT INFORMATION - NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO ORDER
(deadline was April 1)

Below are photos of the RIV and the XLR Forum shirts and a picture of what the shirt for both will look like
HARRINGTONSHIRT.jpg

XLRRENDEZVOUSIVTEXAS.jpg

XLRFORUMSTARSSTRIPESNIGHTOWL.jpg

This is your Rendezvous! Please feel free to make suggestions and add things to the events schedule .... The more things to choose from the better .... Many of you know things that would be interesting to see or visit .... Please share those ideas!

BADGE INFORMATION

http://xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8026#post8026

EVENTS SCHEDULE (moved)

Please click on link to see Event Schedule

http://xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3251
Page 1 --- Post #12

THURSDAY - Roster ~ Gulf Coast Day Trip (Led by Standby)

Bob & Jaimie
Fred & Ingrid
Marc & Kris
Rod & Cindy
Dale & Mary
Bruce & Kathy
Jeannie
Cathy & David
Kevin & Marion
Ruth Ann & Ray
George
Robert
Todd & Karen

FRIDAY - Roster ~ Fredericks Drive - Day trip (Led by XLR05)

Dale & Mary
Ruth Ann & Ray
Kent
Marion & Kevin
Bruce & Kathy
Jeannie
Rod & Cindy
Marc & Kris
Gayle & Bob W
Bob & Jaime
Cathy & David
George
Robert
Todd & Karen

Ruthann, add Ingrid and Fred to the Fredericksburg loop.:wave:

Fred

As bad as I'd like to join you all, my present situation cannot justify a trip to San Antonio. It just would not be a prudent expense these days.

Kevin, Bruce, I'd like to join you at your meeting in Effingham. Let me know your ETA.

Bob

Oh... we will miss you guys!! I just asked Bruce this morning if he had heard from you ... "the guys" and "the girls" will have a hole in each group. Well, it's still 2 weeks away ... never say never! Maybe you'll hit the lottery or something! :blinzel: :)

We've lost another one

Ruth Ann,
I am sad to report I received an email last night from Galen & Leinda. Some unfortunate business complications have forced them to cancel out of RIV. They wish everyone well and will be with us all in spirit. Hopefully they will be able to make our next event--never too early to start planning :lol::lol:

Oh... we will miss you guys!! I just asked Bruce this morning if he had heard from you ... "the guys" and "the girls" will have a hole in each group. Well, it's still 2 weeks away ... never say never! Maybe you'll hit the lottery or something! :blinzel: :)

Bob
You and Paula will be missed. I wish you guys could have joined us. :bawling:I will have :beerchug: for you.

Bob

We can call you when we leave the west side of Indianapolis. It will be nice to see you again, if only briefly. Bring Paula along so we can say hi to her. (or bring Nick! :chuckle)

Kathy

Although there are some who have been forced to drop out (and they will ALL be sorely missed!) we certainly hope some of our newest Forum members can join us in San Antonio!

There is a reason that this is our 4th get-together. They're ( an WE are) a ton of fun!

I can't wait to see you all there! I'm headed to South Carolina this weekend to help my parents celebrate their 75th and 80th birthdays. It's only 800 miles each way, which is slightly shorter than the 1500 miles I'll travel to San Antonio. Both trips will be well worth it!!

See you all SOON!!!!!:rocker:

Getting ready for San Antonio!

.....Dave and Ann Ferruci from Palm Coast, FL will be joining my wife Pat and myself on Monday in Panama City. We will get together for dinner and then leave for San Antonio Tuesday morning. We will be using Interstate 10 from Florida to Texas. We are all excited to see the XLR group again.
.....Wednesday night will be the welcome party at my suite at the Hilton Inn. Everyone is invited.
.....Thursday night our guest speaker at the Blue Bunny Meeting will be our own Bob "Standby" to give a presentation on the early days of the Blue Bunnies at Rendezvous I (in New Mexico) and how it all got started. Knowing Bob, it should be a lot of fun.
.....We have one vacancy left at the Hilton Inn at the reduced rate ($169). You can call me at 850-814-9994 (my cell) and I would make the reservation for you.
.....For those of you that bought the XLR badges, we will be giving everyone a lanyard that you could attach your XLR badges. The lanyards list all the Rendezvous cities and other regional XLR events. It will be a nice keepsake for you all.
Henry / Professor:)

BoBo,,, RA,,,, Whoever is lining up the Thursday CC, gulf coast drive. Sign up Chad and Rogene!! I gotta see this aircraft carrier! Not to late is it??? I know,,, I've been slow signing up!!! Give us a break,,,, the daughter got married!!!!

Chad

It's never too late. It will be great to see you guys again and to have you along for the ride to CC. I'm really looking forward to seeing the USS Lexington myself.

I hope all went well with your daughter's wedding.

Bruce :wave:

Did you have your growth spurt after you got out (height) or was the growth in the waistband area:chuckle:chuckle:lol::lol:

I wonder if I can still fit into my old navy uniform to wear at the Lexington? Not!!!

OR someting most likely.:pat:

Rerndezvous IV Cancellation

Unfortunately we must cancel this event due to a death in the Family. We were both looking forward to meeting all of you and hopefully can attend a future event.

Fred & Ingrid

Unfortunately we must cancel this event due to a death in the Family. We were both looking forward to meeting all of you and hopefully can attend a future event.

Fred & Ingrid

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Fred & Ingrid

So, sorry to hear this ....
We will miss you both. We were looking forward to meeting you too ...
Ruth Ann & Ray

Fred & Ingrid
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are sorry to hear you will be unable to join us.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom