Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

We have a tour time of 10:00 am on Wednesday April 13 for anyone who would like to attend. The tour will take about 11/2 hrs. We will be able to purchase our tickets once we arrive.
http://www.hunley.org/index.asp

Well I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get on the Hunley tour at 1000. Its sold out as of today, but I got my reservations for the harbor tour and the DointheCharleston bus tour.

Well I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get on the Hunley tour at 1000. Its sold out as of today, but I got my reservations for the harbor tour and the DointheCharleston bus tour.

Giz, you can still see the Hunley. I spoke with them, and they have 15 spots for our group, more if needed. :wave:

Different flavor

If you get a chance to visit Savannah, you'd love it.

Savannah is a nice place to visit. It has a little different flavor than Charleston. The Old City Market area in Charleston is slowly evolving to be a livelier scene for nightlife and such. I noticed this a couple of years ago when we spent a long weekend and stayed just a block or two away from the City Market.

I think that the group might find that a trip to Savannah would be well worth planning toward in the near future!

Biltmore Specialty Tours

I called Biltmore today & purchased 2 tickets for The Biltmore House Architect's Tour @ 10:00 am on Sunday April 10th. You can purchase tickets @ the house when we arrive or by phone 800-411-3812. Purchasing your tickets for any of the Specialty Tours in advance assures you of a spot on the tour you want (some tours may sell out).

http://biltmore.com/buy_tickets/more_biltmore.asp

Have a WONDERFUL time

Wish we were coming along, but too much going on with the family right now... Drive safely (or a least 'smartly') :nono:
~Quinn & DD

Quinn, it's not too late to join us. Throw some clothes in a bag, load up the "Barbie Car" and head south. :)

I called Biltmore today & purchased 2 tickets for The Biltmore House Architect's Tour @ 10:00 am on Sunday April 10th. You can purchase tickets @ the house when we arrive or by phone 800-411-3812. Purchasing your tickets for any of the Specialty Tours in advance assures you of a spot on the tour you want (some tours may sell out).

http://biltmore.com/buy_tickets/more_biltmore.asp

I have purchased tickets for this Architect's Tour for Sunday, 10th at 10am as well, for Alan and I. Really looking forward to this.

Couple of more hours, couple of conference calls left - and I'm outta here, heading down to Indy! Hope the rainy weather doesn't slow me down too much this afternoon. :rocker:

Our dash plaques & event T-shirts arrived yesterday. Cubby & Supa will be bringing them to Asheville & Charleston.:)

Our dash plaques & event T-shirts arrived yesterday. Cubby & Supa will be bringing them to Asheville & Charleston.:)

The Polo Shirts are packed and in my car - heading down to the Carolinas (I'll pass out what I can in Indy - free up some valuable trunk space). :cool:

It's a great way to begin your Spring .....

Y'all have a great time .... and someone please keep the Little Woman out of Charleston or they will have to create a new set of rules ;)

Drive defensively and tell the other drivers to get out of your way! :)

Happy Trails.
RA

Dinner tonight

We'll see most everyone at dinner tonight:wave::wave:

Hope to get as far as Birmingham today, that will only leave 350 miles to Asheville tomorrow.

Reporting from Asheville NC

We had a nice dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse and I am sorry to have to report that Supa behaved herself! :chuckle

Great crowd! One of the fun moments was as we were all lined up to leave the hotel and head to the restaurant, a lady approached my car and asked "what kind of cars are these"? :dunno:

That never gets old with me, how about you? :)

We have to head out about 8:30 tomorrow morning. Does the sun come up that early? :lol:

Great crowd! One of the fun moments was as we were all lined up to leave the hotel and head to the restaurant, a lady approached my car and asked "what kind of cars are these"? :dunno:

That never gets old with me, how about you? :):lol:

Noit CERTAINLY doesn't!!!!

After a loooong 650 miles to Birmingham yesterday it looks like we will have a nice 350 mile ride the Asheville today. Got to get the tires balanced this morning before leaving Birmingham as anything over about 75 was not comfortable. Then it looks like a nice drive on Hwy 74 from Cleveland to Asheville. Should put us at the hotel sometime late afternoon / early evening. Look forward to meeting everyone this evening for dinner?.

Then it looks like a nice drive on Hwy 74 from Cleveland to Asheville. Should put us at the hotel sometime late afternoon / early evening. Look forward to meeting everyone this evening for dinner?.

If you hit Cleveland around lunch, try Jenkins. It is a great local restaurant!! (the chicken and rice soup is especially good)(my wife is from Cleveland, TN)

Also, watch your speed on the highways... They look for out of state plates.... (my brother in law is a cop in the area) :)

A few pictures from Asheville NC

Here are a few pictures from Biltmore House in Asheville NC. It was very foggy Sunday Morning when we arrived, and it did not clear until almost noon.

DSC00486.jpg

After the fog cleared, here is a picture of all the cars lined up.

DSC00497.jpg

Here is the left flank.

DSC00500.jpg

And here is the right flank.

DSC00501.jpg

Later in the day, we were joined by this rare Alpine White beauty!

DSC00507.jpg

Photogirl was working very hard today taking pictures and I am sure she will have some much better pictures than mine, but I wanted to give everyone a little preview!

It's so sad that Jean and I could not make this trip:(:(:(but these pictures do
lift the spirits,:wave::wave: hope you will continue to post. John
p.s. I got the XLR cap that Boilermaker had made, wanted for this trip, its a great cap that I will post a picture of later. It is not only nice it was cheap. thanks Boilermaker:D:D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom