Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

Biltmore group pictures

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

Beautiful XLRs in front of the Biltmore this morning.

IMG_2279.jpg

Good looking group.

More pictures later.:wave:

Thanks for the pictures. Looks great!

Bob

Beautiful

Absolutely beautiful pictures.... beautiful cars...beautiful people.....beautiful mansion....:)

Great pictures as usual .... love the new panoramic lens shots .... It is good to see old friends .... Glad to see the weather is cooperating too .... looks like you have it all!

Charleston pictures

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

Here's a few pictures from our first day in Charleston.:wave:

Looking good!

You guys are going to have a great time in Charleston!

Sorry that my schedule wouldn't allow me to make the Charleston part of the trip. :bawling:

More pictures from Biltmore

Here are a few more pictures from Biltmore.

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

LOL @ Rich!!! HAHAHA!

My brother said he really enjoyed everyone being at his restaurant today!! :cool:

Thanks again!!

Miss you guys :grouphug:
LOVE the picture of Rich, and really happy Supa found a fire engine to love :chuckle
~Quinn

My brother said he really enjoyed everyone being at his restaurant today!! :cool:

Thanks again!!

We had a great time with your brother. Please thank him for making us feel so welcome.

Great pictures Bruce and Kathy! Thank you Bruce and Kathy for another great trip.

Amazing trip with WONDERFUL friends!!!

I'd like to start by thanking all of you that joined us and made this trip so memorable. What an awesome group of people. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones that fit right in with the group. The week went by so fast. The weather turned out to be perfect for our visit.
Monday morning @ Biltmore was very special. We arrived before the gates were opened to the public and we had the place to ourselves for over an hour. Seeing those XLRs lined up with the house in the background was such a beautiful sight! All the planning was worth it when it all came together that morning.
The fun continued when we arrived in Charleston. What an incredible city! Beauty and history is everywhere. We stayed busy with house tours, carriage rides, plantation tours, eating, shopping, car shows, walking tours, harbor tour, more eating, more shopping and enjoying each other's company...what a week! It was sad saying good-bye to each of you. Thanks again, you guys are the best.:wave:

Made it home

We made it home safe and sound about 6:00 today. We had heavy rain over half the way home.
Well, the “X” didn’t fair so well, we took on a semi tire re-tread head on and ran over it….

About two hours out of Charleston there was heavy traffic in both lanes. I was in the inside lane with the adaptive cruise on ready to pass a semi, a red pick-up decided he could fit between us and the car ahead of us. All of sudden a 4ft + strip of truck tire come flying out from the rear of his truck. I had no choice but to hit it head on as it was flying toward us, it roller under the car and came out the back end. In the rear view mirror I could see it flying and cars swerving to miss it. I couldn’t stop, just watched the gauges until the next off ramp. I was just sick, but thanks to the license plate it save the grill, valance and bumper. (license plate saved me again). It broke the plastic behind the valance, the lower mesh grill and covers on each side. I couldn’t believe that it didn’t hit the bottom of radiator or cause more damage to the bottom of the car.
We went to a truck stop and fixed it well enough to keep the water out the adaptive cruise.

We thank God that we were OK!! That tire could have easily came thru the windshield.
So if anybody has a lower grill, smoked covers for both sides and a license plate holder, just PM me.

We had a great time in Asheville and Charleston, it is a beautiful place with such nice people. It was fun. A very special Thanks to Bruce & Kathy! :worship:

A great trip!

It was a great trip, even though we couldn't make the second part of the trip.

Bruce and Kathy did a great job of planning and many others helped make this trip a success with the wonderful shirts, name badges and other little things that made it a success.

Thanks Gizmo for the travel cups! A real nice touch, from a great guy.

It was so much fun meeting everyone and seeing 13 XLRs together in Asheville. The weather was great with the exception of the rain Saturday night, but then again, it just washed the pollen off the cars for Sunday morning.

So many interesting characters! We enjoyed meeting everyone and found all to be so friendly and engaging!

This has just whetted my appetite for another trip like this. I hope some of you might consider a trip to Savannah in the future. I bet we could count on Batgirl to make that trip!

Hope everyone makes it home safe and with no problems with their car.

Sincerely thankful for this wonderful adventure, we are Crimson Pearl!

Cubby and Supa home safe and sound. Post more tomorrow time for bed!

Sorry to hear that Dale. Thank goodness you guys are okay.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom