Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette - XLR Gathering - 2010 Colorado: Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the response I was hoping to see.

Am I wrong in saying that it sounds like the XLR group would prefer to keep their event exclusive to XLRs and not hold a joint event?

If that's the case, I need to know that now so that we can start planning the regular CruiseFest that we always have each year at the Corvette Action Center.

PLEASE - I think we all need to step back, take a deep breath and do first things first. #1. We need to start by setting a date. #2. After a date has been set we need to start finding a good place for everyone to stay that is affordable to everyone. #3. The next step is to start planning for the things we all would like to do and present a list as for a large group of people, arrangements will have to be made for parking cars once we arrive.

There is a lot of work involved in putting on an event of this size, be it a combined event or two seperate events. I am looking forward to meeting with Patrick tomorrow since we both live in Colorado and exchange ideas and then get back on the forum with the ideas to present to all the members on the forum.

Let us stop all this nit picking back and forth until we start making some solid plans. Let us try to co-operate and do it up right. Thanks,

Taking Polls

Rob, would it be possible to take a poll for dates for the Colorado Event in 2010? I think it has been pretty well established that Colorado Springs is the best place to gather for this event. It will make it so much easier in talking to Lodgeing establishments if we have dates to give them. I know there are 200 plus members on this forum and not all of them will be able or wanting to come to Colorado but could we also have a poll to get an idea how many members are thinking about attending so we can also give the lodgeing people an idea of how many rooms we may need. After this has been established we can start of list of things to do in this area and see what the interest is so we will have an idea of how many will be planning on doing certain things. I just thought of another great drive which would be to Bishop's Castle. Beautiful scenery and the Castle is mind boggling considering on man has built this all by himself. I realize we are a year out but planning takes a long time. I hosted and helped plan a reception for 4,500 people in Orlando, Fl and that took a year to get ready for. I don't plan to do anything like that for this event but will try to find lodgeing accomadations that will be acceptable to the whole group, be it XLR/Corvette or just XLR and I am thankful Patrick wants to be involved in this as it takes more than one person locally to get things done. Thanks,

Hmmm.... one more question/thought ... maybe this could be a "Roadster" event ... what about Stephen and his Skye? Wouldn't he be welcome? And what about some of our XLR past member's who may like to come who now drive a different car? (would they have to park in the north forty? :squint:) We have always been able to blend and maintain our relationships - would this event be uncomfortable for them? Hopefully this event will be about getting people together and having a good time .... no matter what they drive.

Thoughts?

BTW, I haven't found any mention of this event posted on the CAC .... it would be interesting to see what their thoughts are. :blinzel:

PLEASE - I think we all need to step back, take a deep breath and do first things first. #1. We need to start by setting a date. #2. After a date has been set we need to start finding a good place for everyone to stay that is affordable to everyone. #3. The next step is to start planning for the things we all would like to do and present a list as for a large group of people, arrangements will have to be made for parking cars once we arrive.

There is a lot of work involved in putting on an event of this size, be it a combined event or two seperate events. I am looking forward to meeting with Patrick tomorrow since we both live in Colorado and exchange ideas and then get back on the forum with the ideas to present to all the members on the forum.

Let us stop all this nit picking back and forth until we start making some solid plans. Let us try to co-operate and do it up right. Thanks,

I'm sure you guys will get it worked out...good luck.

Sorry guys, I've been out all day and just getting back in.

Give me the exact dates that you would want to have it and I'll start a poll.

Sorry guys, I've been out all day and just getting back in.

Give me the exact dates that you would want to have it and I'll start a poll.

Some want the end of May or first part of June. Last week of May is 23rd thru 29th Next week is 30th of May thru 5th of June and the next week is 6th of June thru 12th, these are all listed as Sunday thru Saturday. If you want to start in the middle of the week you can figure out the date and put it in. Time to get started so let us hear your choices.:wave::wave::wave:

Not fond of either one... I still say it's our party and XLR should come first.

We could call it Colorado Cruise-In 2010.

If the name becomes a problem we may want to have two seperate events at the same time/location.

Bruce :wave:

The CAC poll is interestingly worded.

Well to just sort of put in on the table - here are the questions that are being ask in the CAC poll:

A party with Corvettes AND XLRs? How cool is that? Definately!

It might work, but only if we don't lose the Corvette identity to the event.

XLR owners do not mix well with Corvette owners. Definately not.

What's an XLR? (No opinion)

If you're an XLR owner, none of those questions (except for #1) show our car in a very favorable light.

I'm sort of wondering why the poll had to go so in-depth as to the "feelings" of Corvette owners on having an event with XLRS and their owners. Clearly this implies that there are concerns on the Corvette side.

If they have to vote, not on just whether they want an event with us, but whether or not our XLR's are good enough - how would they feel about a Skye, or maybe even a Roush showing up?

Okay ... sorry if I stepped on any toes; it's just that for sure this forum is the place to talk about our concerns, isn't it?

I want to attend Cororado for sure - but not with any drama attached to it.

Your thoughts?

Well to just sort of put in on the table - here are the questions that are being ask in the CAC poll:

If you're an XLR owner, none of those questions (except for #1) show our car in a very favorable light.

I'm sort of wondering why the poll had to go so in-depth as to the "feelings" of Corvette owners on having an event with XLRS and their owners. Clearly this implies that there are concerns on the Corvette side.

If they have to vote, not on just whether they want an event with us, but whether or not our XLR's are good enough - how would they feel about a Skye, or maybe even a Roush showing up?

Okay ... sorry if I stepped on any toes; it's just that for sure this forum is the place to talk about our concerns, isn't it?

Your thoughts?
I am totally with you RA in your last sentence, we had more than enough drama on the way to RIV and during RIV to last a lifetime. I just want a great gathering where it is about our neat cars and comaraderie.:):):)

The CAC poll is interestingly worded.

Do you mean the line that says: XLR owners don't mix well with Corvette owners?

Bruce :)

*Raises hand a bit sheepishly*
I have to admit to being the one made those poll choices in the thread at CAC. I wanted something a little more clever than "yes," "no," "maybe," and "no opinion." And I certainly meant no offense.

I should report that if you look at the current vote total, as of this writing, "A Party With Corvettes & XLRs? How Cool Is That? Definately!" has 64% of the vote. I'd call that good news.
:)

Your thoughts?

My thoughts: I think we were pretty successful at keeping the drama to minimum in 2007. And I'll certainly try to do that for a 2010 event, too. For me, a forum gathering for car enthusiasts is about the people and the experiences, these great cars just add icing to the cake.
:blinzel:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this group should have it's own gathering. If other cars care to join us, that'll be ok. This group of people enjoy getting together and having a good time. Hopefully we will be able to do just that in Colorado next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this group should have it's own gathering. If other cars care to join us, that'll be ok. This group of people enjoy getting together and having a good time. Hopefully we will be able to do just that in Colorado next year.

If anyone comes to Colorado and doesn't have a good time it is their own fault. The first time I came to Colorado was in December of 1955 when I got out of the Army. Drove up to Pueblo from Red River Arsenal, Texas. Fell in love with this state and moved here in 1966 and have continued to love it. NO ONE CAN MAKE A GOOD TIME FOR YOU, YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN GOOD TIME. Just come on out and have lots of fun everyone!:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Your thoughts?

I'd like it to be free of drama, too. Unfortunately...

Bruce,
As I said over at CAC, if you would like to plan, organize and pull off an exclusive XLR gathering where you use your own resources to do it, more power to you.

Rob is the owner of the XLR-net forums. Rob is the owner of the Corvette Action Center. If he decides to put together an event for both forums, and have both XLR and Corvette owners there, that will be his decision, not yours. Kindly stop attempting to torpedo the idea.

-Patrick
XLR-net Forums Moderator
:)

Lunch with Corvette Owners

Drove downtown with the top down, beautiful sunshine all the way. Put the top up and had lunch with Patrick, Scott and his lovely wife Claudia, Bill and his ten year old son Zach at a keen little place called the Kings Chef. We discussed having a joint get together in Colorado and they were all very receptive to the idea. We are in hopes of fifty XLR's and fifty Corvettes which will give good bargaining power with the Hotels. We will start finding places that can handle that size group and keep you informed on prices and all they have to offer. Had a tremendous downpour while eating, it slacked off just enough we could get to our cars and head for home. Claudia was very gracious, she offered to go to her car and bring an umbrella to walk me across the street to my car. I told her I wasn't that sweet, I wouldn't melt but thanked her for her kindness and thoughtfullness. Nice group of people. I am sure we can all get along and make new friends and have a fantastic time. :):):)

So, you guys normally use the term Rendezvous. We at the Corvette Action Center usually call our annual event, "Corvette Action Center CruiseFest"...what should we call the event in 2010??

What are your thoughts?

I'm just really excited about this and would like to start publicizing it as soon as we can, but I figured I'd let you guys come up with a good name.

So....let's hear 'em!:rocker:

maybe you shouldn't ask for our thoughts or opinions.

I'm off of here for one day and everything falls apart.;)
First I don't think Bruce is trying torpedo anything. JMHO. An opinion was asked and it was given whether anyone agrees or disagrees with it that is their right.
I think the poll on CAC was unfavorable toward the XLR group and I don't see a poll being proposed that way here. Because we all get along with everyone. There has been car gatherings that we have been to and have had a mixture of cars. It was just car lovers. There is so much drama going on with this gathering. It was an event that started out being XLRs and Rob the administrator asked about the CAC forum being included as a joint event. IMO no one here has said they don't want the XLR to lose its identity to the event. To my knowledge no forum has ever been a sponsor of our gatherings. Posting an event on the forum doesn't constitute the forum being the sponsor for the event.
I would love to see both forums come together on this but if there is going to be this much drama before a date has even been picked or a name, then we should just do two separate events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry