Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette - XLR Gathering - 2010 Colorado: Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off of here for one day and everything falls apart.;)
First I don't think Bruce is trying torpedo anything. JMHO. An opinion was asked and it was given whether anyone agrees or disagrees with it that is their right.
I think the poll on CAC was unfavorable toward the XLR group and I don't see a poll being proposed that way here. Because we all get along with everyone. There has been car gatherings that we have been to and have had a mixture of cars. It was just car lovers. There is so much drama going on with this gathering. It was an event that started out being XLRs and Rob the administrator asked about the CAC forum being included as a joint event. IMO no one here has said they don't want the XLR to lose its identity to the event. To my knowledge no forum has ever been a sponsor of our gatherings. Posting an event on the forum doesn't constitute the forum being the sponsor for the event.
I would love to see both forums come together on this but if there is going to be this much drama before a date has even been picked or a name, then we should just do two separate events.

My suggestion would be for 2 separate events, also.

Kathy:)

I am totally with you RA in your last sentence, we had more than enough drama on the way to RIV and during RIV to last a lifetime. I just want a great gathering where it is about our neat cars and comaraderie.:):):)

I totally agree, FR ....

What concerns me are the posts off of the CAC like the one from today:

Again, in my opinion, this is about the people and their enthusiasm for their cars....not the type of car.

And - we're not opening this event up to Ford Mustangs, or Dodge Viper owners....

Two sentences that are an oxymoron. The first event I attended had a GTO in it. All of us who have bought windscreens know that Stephen would always be invited and welcomed, along with any of his Skye buddies. Floyd has both an XLR and a Corvette - would it matter which car he drove to an event? I'd love to see MotorBoat again ... I don't even know or care what it is he drives .... heck, it could even be a DODGE or a FORD! I am not in favor of an event where it clearly indicates that only certain people can attend. Our group is highly diversified and personally, I like it that way. :rocker:

We have been asked for our opinions. I am responding with mine.

The CAC had a poll that ASKED their members if they wanted to have a combined event. We have only been asked what date we prefer.
At this point, before any definite plans are made I think the most important information to garnish is DO the XLR owners want to continue in that direction - or would we rather continue to hold our own events?

So, maybe that should be the Poll Question.

Not can we get along with other brand owners, because, clearly we do ... but do we even want to combine the events?

Combined Events

If memory serves me correctly, I think the Big Corvette event in Southern Illinois has opened up to XLR owners and it was very successful. I would like to make a suggestion that we have a poll on this forum to see how many XLR owners would like to join in with the Corvette owners to have a combined gathering in Colorado and take it from there. Until that happens I for one am not going to do anymore on trying to find lodgeing accomodations at a good price. Once it is decided by the majority if we want to have a seperate event or a combined event then I will be happy to help out. I realize that in the past no forum has sponsored any of the XLR Rendevouz events and RV is to be in Las Vegas, no poll was taken on that and I don't remember a vote being taken at RIV on that so since this is not RV but just a gathering of cars and friends lets have the poll and see what the results are. Just my two cent worth, maybe a nickel.:):):)

I totally agree, FR ....

Again, in my opinion, this is about the people and their enthusiasm for their cars....not the type of car.

And - we're not opening this event up to Ford Mustangs, or Dodge Viper owners....

Two sentences that are an oxymoron. The first event I attended had a GTO in it. All of us who have bought windscreens know that Stephen would always be invited and welcomed, along with any of his Skye buddies. Floyd has both an XLR and a Corvette - would it matter which car he drove to an event? I'd love to see MotorBoat again ... I don't even know or care what it is he drives .... heck, it could even be a DODGE or a FORD! I am not in favor of an event where it clearly indicates that only certain people can attend. Our group is highly diversified and personally, I like it that way. :rocker:

The CAC had a poll that ASKED their members if they wanted to have a combined event. We have only been asked what date we prefer.
At this point, before any definite plans are made I think the most important information to garnish is DO the XLR owners want to continue in that direction - or would we rather continue to hold our own events?

Not can we get along with other brand owners, because, clearly we do ... but do we even want to combine the events?

If memory serves me correctly, I think the Big Corvette event in Southern Illinois has opened up to XLR owners and it was very successful. I would like to make a suggestion that we have a poll on this forum to see how many XLR owners would like to join in with the Corvette owners to have a combined gathering in Colorado and take it from there. Until that happens I for one am not going to do anymore on trying to find lodgeing accomodations at a good price. Once it is decided by the majority if we want to have a seperate event or a combined event then I will be happy to help out. I realize that in the past no forum has sponsored any of the XLR Rendevouz events and RV is to be in Las Vegas, no poll was taken on that and I don't remember a vote being taken at RIV on that so since this is not RV but just a gathering of cars and friends lets have the poll and see what the results are. Just my two cent worth, maybe a nickel.:):):)

I agree with both of these post.
First Madam is right. Stephen joined us in SA and, maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but I think he was made to feel welcome. This group is clearly diversified and I too like it that way. I can't recall this group ever saying anything about what kind of cars that are allowed to come.

First Robin is correct. The big event is Southern Il has opened up to XLR owners. As far as I am concerned I would still like to go to CO.
Your both correct that we should have a poll to get all this cleared up and settled so we can move forward and start the planning, whatever it may be.
We need to make something perfectly clear there will probably be more than just XLRs and Vettes at this gathering. We don't want our friends made to feel not welcome. That is not our MO. Plain and simple I love cars. That is my opinion and my .05. :D

Well I'll have to spend a dime, get .02 US so here goes. I'm interseted in meeting other XLR owners. If thier friends drive something else whom am I to tell them to stay home. If there are Vette owners or Viper owners where am I going to spend my time? Cruising with the Vettes, or my new friends in XLR's. If the Vettes are going west one day and the XLR's are going east I'm going east. If a Vette or a Viper wants to go east, so be it and welcome. I ride a Harley, does that mean I only ride with other Harley owners? If I did I might be riding alone. Lets embrace our right to express our freedom of choice, two wheels, or four any make or model. If that concept is too hard to grasp then I'm sorry.

I totally agree, FR ....

I posted a final response in that thread and closed it. I'm done with this whole idea and regret even bringing it up. I honestly thought that most of us were mature enough to get along together and have a great event, but that's obviously not the case.

The childish, petty comments and beliefs I've read blows my mind.

I don't have the time nor the desire to mediate between two parties that just can't seem to get along, so at this point, you folks are more than welcome to go plan your own event and the Corvette group will go plan their thing and maybe someday, we'll be able to meet in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry