Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I don't think we can post that on here....That's how Supa & I got banned for the local Wal-Mart.:laugh::laugh: She now has to go to the one by our office, and I am not allowed to go with her.:(

:chuckle :laugh: :naughty:

I have a love/hate relationship with the time change ....

On one hand the darkness ends the day sooner, and we come in and settle down sooner ...... but then ..... it seems like the evenings are so l-o-n-g! And I get bored.

What do you guys do at night to keep busy?
(and no wise cracks from the Peanut Gallery .... ROD :lol:)

The time change always takes a few weeks to get used to. I think I liked it better when Indiana didn't change.

We always have something to do...nothing fun, like house work to keep us busy. Recently I've been working on picture DVDs. That should keep me busy the rest of this year.:)

I don't think we can post that on here....That's how Supa & I got banned for the local Wal-Mart.:laugh::laugh: She now has to go to the one by our office, and I am not allowed to go with her.:(

Hhmmm..........gives the term Walmart Greeter a whole new look. :blinzel:

Just met a lovely lady with a silver 2005 XLR. I told her about next July in Bowling Green and gave her the forum address as she thinks it would be fun for her and her husband to attend the home coming. She already knows Jim that so many of you met here this year that also lives here.

Hhmmm..........gives the term Walmart Greeter a whole new look. :blinzel:
You should see the looks we get walking in there now. :laugh:

I create a thread on the XLRNet and sit there all night counting the number of hits, or do I take a couple of hits and create a thread. Why do you do that to me RA:pat:
If we are voting I vote for the first option. :lol:

Just met a lovely lady with a silver 2005 XLR. I told her about next July in Bowling Green and gave her the forum address as she thinks it would be fun for her and her husband to attend the home coming. She already knows Jim that so many of you met here this year that also lives here.

FR, hopefully you have recuited another member to this site and to The Homecoming in July.:)

So ... pretty interesting watching the crippled cruise ship come into port here is San Diego ... actually what the national news didn't say was that there is a fairly large Veteran's Day parade taking place in the same area as where the crowds/press/lookey-Lou's/disembarkment was taking place ... what a mess!

I have such a love-hate relationship with the press. On one hand I love being informed but on the other, the drama attached to most events just kills me. Like our weatherman. Really - do you think we need a weather forecaster here? All they need to say is 'tomorrow will be fair with a chance of rain' .... they will hit it right 99 days out of 100. :blinzel:

So ... pretty interesting watching the crippled cruise ship come into port here is San Diego ... actually what the national news didn't say was that there is a fairly large Veteran's Day parade taking place in the same area as where the crowds/press/lookey-Lou's/disembarkment was taking place ... what a mess!

I have such a love-hate relationship with the press. On one hand I love being informed but on the other, the drama attached to most events just kills me. Like our weatherman. Really - do you think we need a weather forecaster here? All they need to say is 'tomorrow will be fair with a chance of rain' .... they will hit it right 99 days out of 100. :blinzel:
It has been interesting.

It's been pretty ho-hum the last couple of days - seems like I just can't get interested in doing anything ... I need a new hobby - you know, when you're retired you have A LOT of time to fill up ..... or maybe I just have Adult ADD ... :D

What do you guys do to fill your day ....????

EDIT: Yes .... Ray says it's definetly AADD

It's been pretty ho-hum the last couple of days - seems like I just can't get interested in doing anything ... I need a new hobby - you know, when you're retired you have A LOT of time to fill up ..... or maybe I just have Adult ADD ... :D

We WORK! :lol::lol:

Today I have been cleaning house and doing laundry. I had not been upstairs since coming home from AZ until today. Forgot about the new window being put in the bathroom upstairs while I was gone and everything was covered with dust. Company arriving tomorrow. Should be finished before they arrive but have stopped for the day.

I know that's the problem .... I was so busy working, raising kids, grands, etc - I never took 'me' time .... now that I have it - I can't fill it up .... it's like I need to 'complete projects' in order to feel fulfilled .... all of the things that just while the time away (excercising, reading, handiwork, etc.) are BORING .... I used to love a deadline. I just miss it. :spin:

I know that's the problem .... I was so busy working, raising kids, grands, etc - I never took 'me' time .... now that I have it - I can't fill it up .... it's like I need to 'complete projects' in order to feel fulfilled .... all of the things that just while the time away (excercising, reading, handiwork, etc.) are BORING .... I used to love a deadline. I just miss it. :spin:

RA, you and Ray need to fly out here. I have plenty of things to keep you busy.:wave:

RA, you and Ray need to fly out here. I have plenty of things to keep you busy.:wave:
It would take me 3 weeks just to go through your pictures .... nahhh, probably longer than that ... and then you and Kathy would have to just sit there and start giving me the answers to "what's that?", "when did you do that?", "who's that?" - haha, yadda, yadda, yadda .... :lol: Ray could be outside riding your lawnmower (his dream) ....

How cool it is when the phone rings and it is someone making wishes come true!

A voice says .... 'have you checked your mail today?" .....
So I run outside holding the cell phone to my ear ... and what do I find?? An envelope just chock full of things for me to do tonight!

Thank you, .... all the things I love .... Now, if I can just get those disks back that Ray has already stolen from me and is looking at in his portable player :pat: Seriously.

Volunteer, I do. Last time I felt as you describe above, I took a job with the 2010 Census. Reminded me why I retired.

Ease and Grace is my new motto. Then again, I also have way too many hobbies, projects, toys, inventions....

We won't hold that against you. :rocker:

Thank you, .... all the things I love .... Now, if I can just get those disks back that Ray has already stolen from me and is looking at in his portable player :pat: Seriously.

I am still laughing ..... took a zip-look through the BobFest photo's ... Ray and I said it always feels like we went too after looking at the diary of pictures .... so cool .... and we laughed so hard at the MM sign upside-down in front of Tofolo1 ...:laugh:.... wow, Miles of Smiles .... That really should be the MM motto, you know. I am in awe of all of the new members that we don't know and all of the cars that we have not seen ... Whit's new beauty .... PhotoMom's .... **wolf-whistle** .... :rocker: I love the XLR in white ... all I can say is WOW .... and those curvy roads ... and some of the roads looked just like TN! Good to see Bob L/Jello Shot & doggies .... whoa, Nick's tongue is l-o-n-g! Gosh ... I can just go on and on .... now that Ray is not over my shoulder I can go back and look at them better and longer .... I want to check out those golf cart shots --- haha .... those girls are crazy .... as always - great pictures ... we were laughing at some of those caravan shots - I said to Ray, "you know where Kathy is don't you?" .... haha ... hanging by the seat of her pants out of the window !" ... You guys have the greatest trips. I am so glad that we are going to see you again soon in BG .... yeah, now he's watching that one! Thanks for taking us along! :love:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom