Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Airmike what is Rock Chaulk???????

Unknown chant the Jayhawk fans say, when desire to show our passion hits. I think since we have a mythical bird for a mascot we need a nonsensical saying to go with it. Seems missed dunks and fumbled passes have allowed those dyslexic KU fans have the title. I was in KY for the game and sure woulda liked to harass the inlaws a little (LOT) instead of receiving it. :pat:

Yesterday Jean and I drove over to Phoenix and we had a chance to meet up and have breakfast with Jetboy. It was nice to get together with one of the original blue bunnies again.

Went to Smith Mountain Lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains this past weekend. These cars LOVE those twisty, turny mountain roads! Had a blast taking it through them and enjoying the great spring weather.

Went to Smith Mountain Lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains this past weekend. These cars LOVE those twisty, turny mountain roads! Had a blast taking it through them and enjoying the great spring weather.

And hearing that beautiful Corsa exhaust as you snake through those roads. :)

OH YES! Dave :rocker: that wonderful sound of our Corsa exhaust! More awesome yet when the top is down!
I'm suppose to get my Caddy back tomorrow the water pump went out :( over the weekend. They had it done today but wanted keep it over night to let it cool down over night and make sure they got all the air out it!
They are gone to use the Route 66 Repair Ins. again. Really glad I purchased it 2nd time in the last 2 months I needed to use it!
Caddyman Dan :wave:

Finally got Elwood home from Tampa.
Elwoodpickup009.jpg

Hung out with some friends at Gram's Place. Talked music, drank beer, learned a new game I can't wait to spring on the MMs next time I get with them.
Elwoodpickup006.jpg

It was a lot of work with little/no benefit without tuning. So I have to take it to the tuner in the next week.

Arizona Allante XLR Association

27 cars will be lined up Saturday April 14 for a drive to Prescott, AZ. We wil be spending the night at the Prescott Resort and Convention Center. There will be stops on the way at various places of interest. This will be another fun trip. A great group of people to spend time with.

27 cars will be lined up Saturday April 14 for a drive to Prescott, AZ. We wil be spending the night at the Prescott Resort and Convention Center. There will be stops on the way at various places of interest. This will be another fun trip. A great group of people to spend time with.

How many XLR's vs Allante's will be part of the (27) cars? I used to belong to the XLR/Allante Chapter of the Cadillac Club locally here in Chicago and found that 90% of the focus was on the Allante - not much going on for the XLR at all... so I did not renew my membership last fall. :(

FR, that sounds like a GREAT road trip. I hope you have a lot of fun.:wave:

It sounds like you really had fun. The XLR sure looks good! Thans for posting the pictures.:wave:

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about the first photo......

Don't fret, you're not that special. :blinzel: They actually have flags from dozens of different countries in the courtyards, they just put the Canadian one outside the fence. :patriot:

How many XLR's vs Allante's will be part of the (27) cars? I used to belong to the XLR/Allante Chapter of the Cadillac Club locally here in Chicago and found that 90% of the focus was on the Allante - not much going on for the XLR at all... so I did not renew my membership last fall. :(

I won't know until the trip how many will be Allante's and how many XLR's. There are several members of the Association that also belong to the Cadillac/LaSalle Club and several have XLR's. I have found everyone to be really great, fun people to be around and we all love and are proud of our cars, regardless of what model and year we have.

No Gizmo it's not the flag, but there is something about the photo that seems to capture the spirt of the XLR.

Well, thank you (I think):dunno:. I'm no PhotoGirl, but every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :chuckle

Wonder if this would fit in the XLR? Yank out the leaky Northstar & replace!

505 Horsepower

Wonder if this would fit in the XLR? Yank out the leaky Northstar & replace!

505 Horsepower

That looks likes my kind of fun! ........... now if I only had $23,000.00 sitting around.....heck, lets make it the supercharged one at at $32,000.00! :D

Trip to Prescott.

I won't know until the trip how many will be Allante's and how many XLR's. There are several members of the Association that also belong to the Cadillac,/LaSalle Club and several have XLR's. I have found everyone to be really great, fun people to be around and we all love and are proud of our cars, regardless of what model and year we have.

I took a trip, however not the one I planned on. Had to call 911 Thursday night, was transported to Banner Gateway Hospital. Saturday morning was transported to Banner Heart Hospital. They did and angioplasti to see how much damage was done to my ticker this time. My left bypass is blocked but the other two are fine so that is good news. New blood vessels have formed to compensate the blocked bypass so that is also good news. My Cardiologist is confident everything can be managed with new medication. Also had to cancel the trip back to Colorado as I can not drive out of town for three to four weeks. I can drive in town short distance which is good as I need four new RX which I will take care of tomorrow.

I took a trip, however not the one I planned on. Had to call 911 Thursday night, was transported to Banner Gateway Hospital. Saturday morning was transported to Banner Heart Hospital. They did and angioplasti to see how much damage was done to my ticker this time. My left bypass is blocked but the other two are fine so that is good news. New blood vessels have formed to compensate the blocked bypass so that is also good news. My Cardiologist is confident everything can be managed with new medication. Also had to cancel the trip back to Colorado as I can not drive out of town for three to four weeks. I can drive in town short distance which is good as I need four new RX which I will take care of tomorrow.

Glad you're alright... sounds like it could have been worse. Take care of yourself!!!

Glad you're alright... sounds like it could have been worse. Take care of yourself!!!

Thanks Rod, yes it could have been worse, thankful the paramedics came so quickly. Guess I am going to have to learn the lesson again about not trying to do everything myself. It is so hard when you know how to do things to hire someone to do them for you. Also need to learn no to be so independant.

Thanks Rod, yes it could have been worse, thankful the paramedics came so quickly. Guess I am going to have to learn the lesson again about not trying to do everything myself. It is so hard when you know how to do things to hire someone to do them for you. Also need to learn no to be so independant.

Robert.... Can't I trust you out of my sight??? ;) So sorry to hear about your 'trip', but also very glad to hear that you are doing so well. I don't think anything can keep you off of the road for long :). Ray and I are planning a trip over to AZ within a couple of weeks .... we will see you then. Meanwhile, do what the good doc's say and behave yourself. :love:

Robert.... Can't I trust you out of my sight??? ;) So sorry to hear about your 'trip', but also very glad to hear that you are doing so well. I don't think anything can keep you off of the road for long :). Ray and I are planning a trip over to AZ within a couple of weeks .... we will see you then. Meanwhile, do what the good doc's say and behave yourself. :love:

Will look forward to seeing you and Ray again. Maybe you should think about moving to AZ to keep me in line. I plan to do what I am told and do not want a repeat of what I just went through, it was not a fun time and boy I learned being alone when something like that happens is pretty scary. The first of May my sister in law will be going back to Colorado so I will not have any family here until the snow birds return but thank the good Lord I do have some really great friends here. Let me know when you will be here. Thanks Ruthie

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom