Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

2 weeks ago we were on our way to Asheville...
1 week ago we were leaving Charleston for home. My, how time flies.:)

The week I spent in NYC didn't seem to pass very fast! :(

I didn't see a single XLR all week, and I wouldn't blame anyone that owns one for NOT driving it in the city, the roads are horrible! :ugh:

I did go up to Mahopac on Thursday to investigate an issue and did enjoy driving on the Taconic State Parkway and the Saw Mill River Parkway. The trees are several weeks behind the ones back home and appear to be just about ready to start putting on new leaves. That drive would be nice in an XLR in a few weeks!

We had the pleasure of meeting up with First Robin yesterday evening as he came through Albuquerque on the way back to Colorado Springs. We got to get together and see Digby and then go to dinner. Hopefully Robert made it safely into Colorado Springs today. The afternoon winds here were terrible.

We had the pleasure of meeting up with First Robin yesterday evening as he came through Albuquerque on the way back to Colorado Springs. We got to get together and see Digby and then go to dinner. Hopefully Robert made it safely into Colorado Springs today. The afternoon winds here were terrible.

I arrived CO SPGS @ 1:30 this afternoon, the wind was really bad but thankful I have a heavy vehicle. Sure enjoyed getting to have dinner with Jean & Jim last night, had been almost two years since I last saw them. Now I have to get busy and clean up this house and outside which will take at least a week or longer. Digby is glad to be out of the car, two days on the road is long enough for him.

Call me a stick in the mud but I still think that at the marriage of Shriek and Fiona they played better music.

How true... how true. Now we have to watch the reruns of the Royal Wedding for... my guess is at least two weeks. And that's after hearing about their upcoming nuptials for the LAST two weeks...

I am still thinking First two (2) days in Gettysburg - "it's a battlefield" (schooley - one of many).
Road trip to Hershey as the base for the rest of the week.
- AACA Museum (cars)
- Tour - Pennsylvania State Police Academy
- Hershey chocolate world
- Hershey theater (depending on what is in town)
- Milton J. Hershey Museum
- Lancaster County day trip (Amish Country) with a possible dinner at an
Safe travels everyone. :wave:

Hi Hatty,

I will be at an EXPO in Harrisburg for a few days, starting the 19th. I have not yet decided if I will drive my XLR.

Any good restaurant recommendations?

Since you are in law enforcement, any chance you will be at the Lancaster County Fire Expo?

Thanks,
Casey

Hbg Lanc. expo

Casey,
I sent you a PM. I am based out of DHQ in Harrisburg. Let me know where you are staying in a PM reply and I am sure we can hook up for a brain grenade or two.
Dave

Casey,
I sent you a PM. I am based out of DHQ in Harrisburg. Let me know where you are staying in a PM reply and I am sure we can hook up for a brain grenade or two.
Dave

Sounds great! I'll be at the Hampton Inn Harrisburg East. I'll PM you before I head that way.

Just wondering with all the modifications some of the XLR owners are doing to their vehicles since they seem to be not happy with what the high paid engineers spent years designing the completed XLR and getting it into production, if they have given thought to a continental kit like the first T Birds had.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Just wondering with all the modifications some of the XLR owners are doing to their vehicles since they seem to be not happy with what the high paid engineers spent years designing the completed XLR and getting it into production, if they have given thought to a continental kit like the first T Birds had.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

There is a kit like that available.... Google it and you can find pictures.. It's ridiculous...

That being said, no one will ever create the perfect car.. For some of us, personalizing the vehicle is part of the enjoyment of ownership.

None of the summer toys have been able to come out and play because of this crappy weather we have been having. :bash:

FINALLY!!!

We finally have internet here @ home again, thanks to a new modem. It's good to back. :wave:

We have a lot of plants to get planted tomorrow and of course yard work.

We finally have internet here @ home again, thanks to a new modem. It's good to back. :wave:

Welcome back, Bruce! Glad your internet people finally listened the "Cadillac Tech" and got you the correct part. :chuckle

I had today off (beautiful 85 degree day) - I roto-tilled for about 3 hours - tomorrow I'm grooming and planting seed... then celebrating my mom's birthday with a bowling party. :rocker:

Good to have you back!!! It's been raining so much here that I haven't been able to plant my garden either... looks like this weekend's work. Haven't needed to start the pump on the well either to water the lawn' it's been growing like CRAZY with all the rain, but guess I'll have to get it going to water the garden...

1993 Allante

My good friend and neighbor just bought a 1993 Polo Green/Black Top Allante with only 29000 miles on it at Red Noland Cadillac. I have been out and about with him for over four years kicking tires and watching his eyes light up and finally he got his baby. I am so happy for him. He also has an SRX and a Classic 750 BMW.

I think it is time

Well, I think it is time to do it again and go from #13 Cadillac to #14. My 2009 DTS, Silver/Silver will be two years old on July 10th. I now have 12,500 miles on it. It is the Premium Lux Collection. Am looking at a 2011 White Diamond/White Linen, Platinum Edition. Have not driven it yet but will be an upgrade to the Magnetic Ride Control, 18 inch wheels in place of the 17. The Platinum Edition's are the last of the DTS to be produced so since I am not enthusied about the XTS, too small for my taste and for sure I am not a 6 cyl fan I think I better treat myself. Have only had one white car, my Allante was Alpine White with the Navy Top. After having so many Silver vehicles I probably won't be able to find White Diamond in a parking lot because I will still be looking for the Silver.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Well, I think it is time to do it again and go from #13 Cadillac to #14. My 2009 DTS, Silver/Silver will be two years old on July 10th. I now have 12,500 miles on it. It is the Premium Lux Collection. Am looking at a 2011 White Diamond/White Linen, Platinum Edition. Have not driven it yet but will be an upgrade to the Magnetic Ride Control, 18 inch wheels in place of the 17. The Platinum Edition's are the last of the DTS to be produced so since I am not enthusied about the XTS, too small for my taste and for sure I am not a 6 cyl fan I think I better treat myself. Have only had one white car, my Allante was Alpine White with the Navy Top. After having so many Silver vehicles I probably won't be able to find White Diamond in a parking lot because I will still be looking for the Silver.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

FR, that sounds like a great car. I'm like you; not a fan of the V-6 or the XTS. I love the DTS. Treat yourself!:)

FR, that sounds like a great car. I'm like you; not a fan of the V-6 or the XTS. I love the DTS. Treat yourself!:)

Went over and drove the Platinum Edition up to Santa's Workshop, can not believe the differance in handling on the hills and curves, drove back and bought it. It had seven miles on it when I started out, 29 on it when I got back, good test track. Has more of the driving feel my '93 STS had only much better. If they had offered the Platinum Edition when I bought the '09 I would have bought it but it came a few months later. Saturday I will meet with Mark that does the pin strips by hand and pick out colors and design, it is all free hand and he is an expert artist. Going to take some getting used to going to White Diamond after six Silver's but will be a great Arizona color.

Went over and drove the Platinum Edition up to Santa's Workshop, can not believe the differance in handling on the hills and curves, drove back and bought it. It had seven miles on it when I started out, 29 on it when I got back, good test track. Has more of the driving feel my '93 STS had only much better. If they had offered the Platinum Edition when I bought the '09 I would have bought it but it came a few months later. Saturday I will meet with Mark that does the pin strips by hand and pick out colors and design, it is all free hand and he is an expert artist. Going to take some getting used to going to White Diamond after six Silver's but will be a great Arizona color.
You will like the White Diamond. Agree on the V-6 thing. Is your sister going to take your silver DTS?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom