Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

A friend of mine from NY saw a XLR in the parking lot.

32598_.jpg

:)

Scarcity of XLR's

Our '06 Infrared seems to be only one of two in our area. A friend had told me about a black V he saw at the post office and then I saw it on the road one day. I have no idea where it "lives" or who the owner might be, but these are the only two in our city of 65,000. Until we bought ours about a year ago, we had never even seen on on the road anywhere in South Jersey! :rolleyes:

ROXY won 1st place for her group 2000 - 2013 and here some other Cadillac picture From the Cadillac / LaSalle Club Show! @ Kelly Cadillac in Lancaster PA

Also saw a black- V, Silver and Gold mist base did not enter, and A Silver 2005 / 30k for $31,997
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912419.281148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912028.008350.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912064.731968.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912087.558068.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912108.847187.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368912161.367096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Went to the cleaners today....Sugar Land, TX......as I was pulling out a gray 2004 Xlr pulled in. He said he's had it for about 4 years and only drives it on the weekends....shook his head at me when I said I drive mine to work every day. He also said there were 4 more in our neighborhood. Who knew!!! Seguin and I are really looking forward to September!

Went to the cleaners today....Sugar Land, TX......as I was pulling out a gray 2004 Xlr pulled in. He said he's had it for about 4 years and only drives it on the weekends....shook his head at me when I said I drive mine to work every day. He also said there were 4 more in our neighborhood. Who knew!!! Seguin and I are really looking forward to September!

May I suggest that you make some 'business cards' to share with any other XLR's you meet, I tuck them in the window gasket if the owner is not around. I just designed a back to my card to promote the Registry too. This is what mine look like. :blinzel:

XLR card JPEG,.jpgXLR card REAR jpeg,.jpg

Saw first one of the top down season today - black, not V, going opposite direction, on phone with top up (4:00 pm, 85 degrees?) south of Cleveland on Rte 303 - didn't appear to notice our waving, thumbs up. Oh well. Also saw our second ever STS V (production nos about same as XLR V = 2500 but a lot fewer around here) silver north of Akron in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Nice to finally have cruising weather around here.:cool:

Saw first one of the top down season today - black, not V, going opposite direction, on phone with top up (4:00 pm, 85 degrees?) south of Cleveland on Rte 303 - didn't appear to notice our waving, thumbs up. Oh well. Also saw our second ever STS V (production nos about same as XLR V = 2500 but a lot fewer around here) silver north of Akron in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Nice to finally have cruising weather around here.:cool:

I sometimes wonder about people keeping the top up when it is a perfect day to have it down? Maybe he needed the trunk space. I also ponder the point of having the top down and the windows up. Is it just me that thinks that is wrong? I confess to running the A/C or heater with the top down, but windows up? NEVER.

I don't know that I have ever seen an STS-V around here.

We run with the windows up sometimes when it's cool out just to have the top down with less air flow, also it's a hair do thing for the wife, and often at night it get very chilly so crank up windows and heater and put on a hat and run topless 2 or 3 weeks ago on Sunday night came back from Gettysburg and it was a cold 56 early spring day yes the heater was cranking!!!

We run with the windows up sometimes when it's cool out just to have the top down with less air flow, also it's a hair do thing for the wife, and often at night it get very chilly so crank up windows and heater and put on a hat and run topless 2 or 3 weeks ago on Sunday night came back from Gettysburg and it was a cold 56 early spring day yes the heater was cranking!!!

I think I would just put the top up.

I sometimes wonder about people keeping the top up when it is a perfect day to have it down? Maybe he needed the trunk space. I also ponder the point of having the top down and the windows up. Is it just me that thinks that is wrong? I confess to running the A/C or heater with the top down, but windows up? NEVER.

I don't know that I have ever seen an STS-V around here.

Fred,

I'm with you - I don't like having my windows up with the top down (don't like the look at all). I admit, I have done it on a rare instance if I get a phone call - that I can't ignore, and need to talk while driving with the top down. One nice feature I saw on the new C7 Convertible coming out at the end of the year - the power top can be lowered/raised while going under 30mph :rocker: I don't like having to put the car in PARK to lower/raise the top.

I think it is just a personal choice. :cool:

Fred,

I'm with you - I don't like having my windows up with the top down (don't like the look at all). I admit, I have done it on a rare instance if I get a phone call - that I can't ignore, and need to talk while driving with the top down. One nice feature I saw on the new C7 Convertible coming out at the end of the year - the power top can be lowered/raised while going under 30mph :rocker: I don't like having to put the car in PARK to lower/raise the top.

I think it is just a personal choice. :cool:

Yes, a rolling Up/Down would be nice. Although I personally don't spend much time at 30MPH, there has been times I wanted to change the roof at a red light but was afraid the light would change in the middle. At least this way you could do 30 to keep the person behind you happy.

I think the window up - top down look is even worse with tinted windows. To me, it looks like a statement of confusion. I had not considered the phone circumstance you mention. Good point.

Is the C7 a hard top?

I was going to Fred it was her ideal not my!! Lol

That's what hats are for! :laugh::laugh:

Or, to be more ladylike, scarfs. I really may try one of those one day! :willy_nilly:

It's usually not hard to find a spot to pull over or slip into a parking spot or lot and put her up/down if your an in town area!

Or, to be more ladylike, scarfs. I really may try one of those one day! :willy_nilly:

Very funny Fred I want a picture of that! But even that scarf would mess up a beautiful hair do! "So she says"

I keep a "scarf" in my glovebox, whenever Cindy rides with me. ;)

... but now that my hair is getting longer (no buzz cut now) - maybe I'll need it. :chuckle (OK - I mean a HAT) :lol:

Very funny Fred I want a picture of that! But even that scarf would mess up a beautiful hair do! "So she says"

Sorry XLRATING I thought Fred commented back!

... times I wanted to change the roof at a red light but was afraid the light would change in the middle. At least this way you could do 30 to keep the person behind you happy.

Is the C7 a hard top?

C7 is a soft top. Goes down/up in 21 seconds.

I have the same concern when at a stoplight - I am looking around at all the traffic, trying to calculate if I have enough time to put the top down... once I start the process, then that dang top can't cycle fast enough :lol:

The only advantage of TINTED windows up (with top down) - nobody sees who you are - so you don't get as embarrassed.
:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back