Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Yet this immaculate car is for sale.........

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...3-06-xlr-v-for-sale-so-cal-car-one-owner.html

..................................." I was just faced with 6' tall delineation cones and no way to move to the right which that tore my fender loose and had to have a screw put in at the bottom to hold it in place."

My memory of that trip is very different from your view. We had a lot of fun with quite a few people on that trip, Midwest, West coast and Southeast. I think you were just 'bummed out' from damaging your car and trying to blame someone else.

Cruising the beach

I have seen a few XLR's here at the beach (Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan) in the South Bay of So. Cal.
But my most memorable, is seeing the double of my own 05 (right down to the same color) at a local Hermosa beach
Bar called the "Mermaid" on the strand.
The owner was an older gentlemen (had to be 80) who was one of the coolest dudes you would ever want to meet.
We both circled each others cars, went into the bar and had a scotch....

I have seen a few XLR's here at the beach (Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan) in the South Bay of So. Cal.
But my most memorable, is seeing the double of my own 05 (right down to the same color) at a local Hermosa beach
Bar called the "Mermaid" on the strand.
The owner was an older gentlemen (had to be 80) who was one of the coolest dudes you would ever want to meet.
We both circled each others cars, went into the bar and had a scotch....

Was his name Jim by any chance? He used to show up at the Bob's Big Boy Events that we used to meet at a few years back in Pasadena..... His was one of two Satin Nickels that I have seen .... really a nice guy. He is an original owner - loved talking to him .... somewhere I even have some pictures of his car.

Saw a red 09 or 08. It had the chrome on the side in Jacksonville st johns county on racetrack Ed at 10:10 am today Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching an old episode of Boyd Coddington's American Hot Rod and there was an XLR in the parking lot. We all miss ya Boyd!

Put himself on a pedestal...

We all miss ya Boyd!

Uhh,,,you can miss him, I don't. Toured his facility in L.A. area in '02......fantastic place, but Boyd was a total jerk to his employees and ignored our group touring his place. OK, I gave him the benefit of doubt, maybe having a bad day? Met him again in Tulsa, OK in '07 at a three day car event he was paid to attend and judge cars. His wife was pleasant,,,,Boyd, too good to talk to anyone or give autographs.... His car builds were nice..him, not so much
icon13.png

Today (Friday 2nd of oct) around 2 ish I was down getting my tires air pressure checked at the dealership. Looked out one window and saw mine in the wash. The next thing I know, I saw it coming in from the street and parked in the lot. But it wasn't mine it ended up being another. So after the person got out of his Xlr, I asked him what year. He said 05. I said I had a 06. When he was sitting in the service waiting area I asked him how long he had it. He said he got it from a here there gone now ma and pa car lot. He only had it about a yr or less. When he got it it only had around 40 k on the clock. He now has close to 50 k on it now. He told me his daughter usually takes it away from him when she can. So I gave him one of my cards and told him about the site. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443813779.469053.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1443813802.472108.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1443813817.293539.jpg

Ah yes, another 2005 in that beautiful Crimson Pearl!

Yeah I was telling my service guys, it's not everyday u see a 05 and a 06 Xlr in the same place anymore. [emoji4]

Yesterday morning seen a black XLR going the opposite direction,,,,,well I think it was black as I couldn't tell for sure through all of the filthy dirt on the exterior. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months, or was used in off-road, desert driving..... Shameful

p z

Saw a red 06, 07 or 08 eastbound on NC 218 this afternoon between Mint Hill and Polkton.

I was headed westbound and we passed each other very quickly! (two lane road)

At 2:40 pm on Tuesday oct 13th saw a blue one. They were traveling top up north on st Ed 13 coming out of Napa as I was going south. Thought about turning around but to much trAffic.

Finally...

Saturday afternoon 10/17, after almost three years, I saw my first XLR on the road other than the two in my hometown.

It was eastbound on Hwy 70 a few miles east of Camden, Tennessee near the bridge over Kentucky Lake.

Naturally, I didn't have time to shoot a pic.

It was Infrared with a couple on board.

Were any of you on that road Saturday afternoon perhaps heading to Nashville via the relatively scenic route?

Saturday afternoon 10/17, after almost three years, I saw my first XLR on the road other than the two in my hometown.

It was eastbound on Hwy 70 a few miles east of Camden, Tennessee near the bridge over Kentucky Lake.

Naturally, I didn't have time to shoot a pic.

It was Infrared with a couple on board.

Were any of you on that road Saturday afternoon perhaps heading to Nashville via the relatively scenic route?

There were three of us cruising around Nashville last weekend: Elwood, a silver 04, and an IR 06. We had a car show Saturday at the Opryland Mall.

Dang, I'm in Knoxville right now, would have been fun to hook up on my vacation, could have had 4!

There were three of us cruising around Nashville last weekend: Elwood, a silver 04, and an IR 06. We had a car show Saturday at the Opryland Mall.

A friend of mine snapped this pic. She thought it was me until she got up closer to see who was driving. My friend said it had some personal plate and what looked like advertisement on the door. Was spotted in my area at Holmes blvd and rolling hills drive in st Augustine across from epic theatre on cr 207 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445719401.672809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445719473.956986.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd tell my story about an "X" sighting I had! Recently, the Wife and I were on a cruise that had a stop in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas. I was just standing around doing nothing while the ladies shopped (they always make you shop on those tours). I happened to have my Cadillac Racing cap on (thanks Cubby), and the young clerk ask if I had an Cadillac. Yea, I have two, told him that our daily groceries go-getter was a XTS ( at which he laughed at, never heard of the term) and my "toy" was a XLR. OH YEA he said! We have one of those on the island that's blue, like the new camaro's. I corrected him. but he didn't catch on. Going on with our tour on the bus, going up to an mountain side viewing spot on a very windy road, we passed a house that had the blue XLR sitting in it's driveway! Wish I could've got a picture of it! But I never dreamt that I see a "X" on that small island! I don't think it would be very fun to drive a XLR on that island! No long open road, too many turns, roads are narrow, and crazy drivers!!

Chad

Well thanks for sharing. I'm headed to st Thomas on a cruise out of canaveral. I leave on the 5th my 2nd port is st Thomas the 1st is Nassau the last is st marten. I will try and look out for this Xlr when I'm over there.

Alexis saw a silver or grey XLR not a mile from our house this week.

Possibly the same one I saw north of town a few months ago.

When were you guys there? We did a princess cruise and were in st Thomas about 10/28.
Bob & Marianne

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back