Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Forum names

Yes it was quite funny! He always has something up his sleve! He did win an award though, for what an awesome job he has done in 2009. And all the revenue he has made from last year to this year! Top purchases for the Mid west out of about 75 companies! I was so proud, he so deserved it, he works soooo hard!!:worship:

Yes ... congrats ... now tell him with all of that revenue that it is time to spend it in VEGAS!

Time to resurrect an old thread. My forum name has a strange history. In pilot training, you get christened (thrown in a pool) after your first solo and the instructors usually get together and give you your first call sign. I had a pretty good idea what mine was going to be - Rejoin; because I slammed a wingtip rejoin so hard and so close the pilots in the other A/C got scared. Fortunately, three years later while working on the F-22 electronics suite, my future mentor changed it after riding in my car to a meeting. The conversation went something like this:

"What's this do? What's this for? What's that there? Is that a HUD? You display all that on the HUD? You have a checklist for your car? ... (predicated pause) You just got a new call sign - GIZMO! ... and if you make my jet (he was the F-22 Program Director) this complicated, I'll kill you."

To give you a hint of what he saw, my latest creation is an ESC-V (not quite done yet - the supercharger install is currently being reworked):

1310749075aff1c643.jpg

13107493da92a3caf6.jpg

131074908f29b78066.jpg

Back on topic, the Q was added later by my fraternity. My mascot and traveling companion is the Mogwai Gizmo.
1258629782-77684700.jpg

(I know he's no traveling knome but he's been around the world 4 times and seen well over 300,000 driving miles with only one incident - a bad alternator - wonder why :naughty:) My custom title on another forum reads "The only good Gremlin" Now everyone gives me crap about the three rule of the Mogwai.

My screen name is kind of simple......I own a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited and a 2006 Cadillac XLR among others.
:cool:

The first time I drove my car, I felt just like I was driving the batmobile. I hummed that song for days. I decided to put BATGIRL on my license plate. Who wouldn't love to feel like batgirl??? Needless to say, my husband stays away from that car at all costs! He lives in fear of being called batgirl!

Needless to say, my husband stays away from that car at all costs! He lives in fear of being called batgirl!

:laugh: :chuckle :lol: :laugh: too funny. Smart move, Kathi.

My wife calls my XLR the "devil car" :reddevil because the couple of times she has tried to take it, she had "issues" (ie: key fob batt went dead, didn't know how to turn OFF the car, etc....). So she stays away from it... which is perfectly fine with me. :cool:

Time to resurrect an old thread. My forum name has a strange history. In pilot training, you get christened (thrown in a pool) after your first solo and the instructors usually get together and give you your first call sign. I had a pretty good idea what mine was going to be - Rejoin; because I slammed a wingtip rejoin so hard and so close the pilots in the other A/C got scared. Fortunately, three years later while working on the F-22 electronics suite, my future mentor changed it after riding in my car to a meeting. The conversation went something like this:

"What's this do? What's this for? What's that there? Is that a HUD? You display all that on the HUD? You have a checklist for your car? ... (predicated pause) You just got a new call sign - GIZMO! ... and if you make my jet (he was the F-22 Program Director) this complicated, I'll kill you."

To give you a hint of what he saw, my latest creation is an ESC-V (not quite done yet - the supercharger install is currently being reworked):

1310749075aff1c643.jpg

13107493da92a3caf6.jpg

131074908f29b78066.jpg

Back on topic, the Q was added later by my fraternity. My mascot and traveling companion is the Mogwai Gizmo.
1258629782-77684700.jpg

(I know he's no traveling knome but he's been around the world 4 times and seen well over 300,000 driving miles with only one incident - a bad alternator - wonder why :naughty:) My custom title on another forum reads "The only good Gremlin" Now everyone gives me crap about the three rule of the Mogwai.
This is soooo kool how did you do all of this?:willy_nilly: I have never seen anything quite like it. Hollywood should put this in a movie. I like it thanks for sharing the pictures.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

When I brought the car home for the firt time my then 3 year old asked what kind of car it was. I said it was a Cadillac. She then tried to say black Cadillac and instead said, "Cadiblack." That is where the plate and screen name originated from.

This is soooo kool how did you do all of this?:willy_nilly: I have never seen anything quite like it. Hollywood should put this in a movie. I like it thanks for sharing the pictures.

Been a CarPC hobbyist for 15+ years. Started out with just music and nav and then just kept adding stuff. My newest incarnation has 11 USB devices tucked away under the center console: 1.2G CPU, daylight readable 10.4 in screen, front cam with face tracking, rear cam with night vision, full-time internet, internal cellphone with private number, 16 USB ports (3 open for cameras/phones/accessories),BluSoleil Bluetooth, 54G WiFi, internal 80G HD, external 1TB HD, DVD-RW, FM HD Radio, WinTV USB, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 joystick, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Valentine 1 interface, a "Fusion Brain" for computer control of electrical system,i.e., windows/ sunroof/ lights/ HVAC and monitoring voltages/temps/currents/pressures with PC automation of if-then operations, Elm327 OBD II interface for monitoring engine and transmission systems. And that's just the electronics.

The car itself has big brakes with drilled/slotted rotors, a beefed-up suspension, E-36 BMW Angel-Eye 55W 8000K projector HID, 55W 8000K HID driving lights, stealth bulb turn signals, CAI, reprogrammed ECU, custom shift kit, custom 3" Cat-back exhaust with Corsa mufflers, lowered front and back, a supercharger is being re-engineered for it as we speak, and I'm still designing the air dam/ground effects and rear spoiler. Did I forget to mention it also has a 200PSI train horn with 8 trumpets :reddevil

In case you haven't figured it out, I've had a passion for aviation for a very long time. Named my XLR after a fictitious movie aircraft cause my learning curve in it reminds me of what Clint Eastwood did in the movie.

My forum name isn't a name at all, it's my Amateur Radio Call Sign assigned to me by the Federal Communication Commission back in the late 60s when I upgraded from a Novice Amateur Radio Operator where my call sign was WN6BBZ.

I have only seen one other CA. license plate similar to mine and had to inquire about it to the driver of the auto.

The plate letters and number were WB8BBZ. The lady driver explained that her and her sister were Mid-Wives and what their plate said was "We Birthed 8 Babys" meaning they had helped birth 8 babys. Of course she didn't know anything about Amateur Radio and had never heard of Amateur Radio call plates on a vehicle and thought I was part of a Mid-Wife team.

Jack

Been a CarPC hobbyist for 15+ years. Started out with just music and nav and then just kept adding stuff. My newest incarnation has 11 USB devices tucked away under the center console: 1.2G CPU, daylight readable 10.4 in screen, front cam with face tracking, rear cam with night vision, full-time internet, internal cellphone with private number, 16 USB ports (3 open for cameras/phones/accessories),BluSoleil Bluetooth, 54G WiFi, internal 80G HD, external 1TB HD, DVD-RW, FM HD Radio, WinTV USB, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 joystick, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Valentine 1 interface, a "Fusion Brain" for computer control of electrical system,i.e., windows/ sunroof/ lights/ HVAC and monitoring voltages/temps/currents/pressures with PC automation of if-then operations, Elm327 OBD II interface for monitoring engine and transmission systems. And that's just the electronics.

The car itself has big brakes with drilled/slotted rotors, a beefed-up suspension, E-36 BMW Angel-Eye 55W 8000K projector HID, 55W 8000K HID driving lights, stealth bulb turn signals, CAI, reprogrammed ECU, custom shift kit, custom 3" Cat-back exhaust with Corsa mufflers, lowered front and back, a supercharger is being re-engineered for it as we speak, and I'm still designing the air dam/ground effects and rear spoiler. Did I forget to mention it also has a 200PSI train horn with 8 trumpets :reddevil

In case you haven't figured it out, I've had a passion for aviation for a very long time. Named my XLR after a fictitious movie aircraft cause my learning curve in it reminds me of what Clint Eastwood did in the movie.
WOW is all I can say looks better than great.:willy_nilly::rocker::willy_nilly:

Speedway;)

Gizmo, You are amazing!! John

Just curious, how did everyone come up with their original forum names... most everyone knows how Marion got her row of nicknames. There has to be some interesting stories out there.
Mine was given to me when I used to play racquetball. I hit the ball so hard, everyone started calling me "Rocket" and I've been known as that ever since.

My name, as was stated by "Patrick" came with the package at birth, but, when I needed a username for various e-mail accounts allpermutations and combinations of my name that I could come up with on short notice were taken so I just tacked on the house numbers of the house I was in at the time. Nothing catchy or sexy about it.:blinzel:

My Forum Name is not a name at all, it's my FCC Amateur Radio call sign such as CBS, NBC, KTLA etc. I use it because I thought there would never be a duplication until one day when I saw a couple in a car with the liscense plate WB6BZ. I had to follow these people for about a half hour to find out how they got an Amateur Radio Call like that because that was not a regular call sign.

The female driver could not understand what I was talking about and knew nothing about Amateur Radio and when I pointed out my liscense plate on my vehicle, her mouth dropped open and her eyes were as wide as quarters and she said to me that I was the reason she couldn't get the Personalized Plates WB6BBZ which stood for "We Bore 6 BaBies". She was a retired Mid-Wife!

My forum name is a nick name from the pool hall. I used to be one of the best that I know of at jumping a cue ball, so one of the guys started air-mike for all the time the cue ball spent in the air.
I used to teach em how, back when I was getting divorced and "lived" at the pool hall. Now I am remarried and probably cant beat the kids anymore :D

My forum name is an easy one....its a cross between my two favorite cars...Chrysler Crossfire LTD (Xfire) and XLR.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry