Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Going broke

You'll drink to anything ... haha, that's why we love you!

So, Bruce .... what's the "fix" for this predicament? If it's a waiting game, auto techs might have to have a VERY big bankroll to wait it out. :ugh:

You'll drink to anything ... haha, that's why we love you!

So, Bruce .... what's the "fix" for this predicament? If it's a waiting game, auto techs might have to have a VERY big bankroll to wait it out. :ugh:
That is true. I will drink to anything. Here is one for YOU :beerchug:

I do hope things improve soon for you. This entire situation really bothers me and its awful to sit and watch unfold before you and know you cnt do a things about it.:(

Fred:patriot:

We popped another red 05 XLR today. This one has the full gold package and custom seats. Should make some kid happy.

We popped another red 05 XLR today. This one has the full gold package and custom seats. Should make some kid happy.
What a shame.
What kind of an offer would put someone in this car?
Gold package? Have I seen that? Does anyone have it from the forum - what is it?

What a shame.
What kind of an offer would put someone in this car?
Gold package? Have I seen that? Does anyone have it from the forum - what is it?
Last one went for $27,250 but prices at auction have gotten better the last few months. Used car market is actually pretty good. We are getting 8-10% better at auction than we were in May. It could go to $30K. Gold package is all the trim on your car that is chrome is treated to be gold. Has a V Grill as well and the wheels like mine.

Last one went for $27,250 but prices at auction have gotten better the last few months. Used car market is actually pretty good. We are getting 8-10% better at auction than we were in May. It could go to $30K. Gold package is all the trim on your car that is chrome is treated to be gold. Has a V Grill as well and the wheels like mine.
Hmmm, still don't remember seeing anything like that. $30k? Jeesh. :pat:

Doughnut delivery

George was kind enough to stop by today with a dozen doughnuts from Long's Bakery,:rocker: he really knows how to brighten my day.

Thanks George.:D

George was kind enough to stop by today with a dozen doughnuts from Long's Bakery,:rocker: he really knows how to brighten my day.

Thanks George.:D

When Cadillac Tech arrived home....there were NO doughnuts for Photo Girl! :chuckle

You didn't actually think there would be any leftover to take home, did you?!?! :laugh: That's actually why I'm taking Misty to Lockhart - for the doughnuts!! :laugh::lol:

By the way, I finally got authorization from the insurance company this evening to get her repaired. They were thinking I was to blame for the accident.... :bash::bash:

PS Thanks to PhotoMom - I had to give the insurance company her phone number- I forgot to call her in advance to warn her, but all she needed to do was to be honest.

You didn't actually think there would be any leftover to take home, did you?!?! :laugh: That's actually why I'm taking Misty to Lockhart - for the doughnuts!! :laugh::lol:

By the way, I finally got authorization from the insurance company this evening to get her repaired. They were thinking I was to blame for the accident.... :bash::bash:

PS Thanks to PhotoMom - I had to give the insurance company her phone number- I forgot to call her in advance to warn her, but all she needed to do was to be honest.
our you going to get a new quarter panel?

Fred:)

No new quarter panel. She actually took the hit quite well. Just a few scratches in the paint.

I do need a new front fascia - it broke, but under the wheel well. The wheel well liner also broke. I didn't even notice that, but that's a cheap part. You can hardly tell she was hit if you're 5 feet away....

The wheel does need to be refinished - it also got a few scratches.
Ironically, no one wanted pictures of the accident!

About the same in Californy. My work has dropped to 2 or 3 days a week, which keeps the bills paid.
The Govenater just announced an increase in state taxes, while kids from schools beg at super markets for money to help them with their sports programs. The coach was there and he said we just have to adapt and I asked him if he was teaching these kids that they have to adapt. I told him no one has to adapt, we need to keep fighting this stupid government and let them know we aren't going to take it anymore. Now that the money for clunkers is all gone, watch and see how many auto dealers start closing their doors and they haven't even gotten their money from this great idea and now their going to do it on new appliances?
These are all band-aids that when pulled off will take the scab with it and start the bleeding all over again.
I'm stepping down off the box now.:bash:
Things are very bad here about 65% of business has closed many people out of work and very few people spending any money. The powers to be have already warned us of tax increases coming in order for them to operate services for the city and State.

Fred

No new quarter panel. She actually took the hit quite well. Just a few scratches in the paint.

I do need a new front fascia - it broke, but under the wheel well. The wheel well liner also broke. I didn't even notice that, but that's a cheap part. You can hardly tell she was hit if you're 5 feet away....

The wheel does need to be refinished - it also got a few scratches.
Ironically, no one wanted pictures of the accident!
I am glad this wasnt any more serious than that your baby will be back like new soon.;)

Fred

About the same in Californy. My work has dropped to 2 or 3 days a week, which keeps the bills paid.
The Govenater just announced an increase in state taxes, while kids from schools beg at super markets for money to help them with their sports programs. The coach was there and he said we just have to adapt and I asked him if he was teaching these kids that they have to adapt. I told him no one has to adapt, we need to keep fighting this stupid government and let them know we aren't going to take it anymore. Now that the money for clunkers is all gone, watch and see how many auto dealers start closing their doors and they haven't even gotten their money from this great idea and now their going to do it on new appliances?
These are all band-aids that when pulled off will take the scab with it and start the bleeding all over again.
I'm stepping down off the box now.:bash:
I just sent a bunch of emails to friends that have degrees cant get work told them That FR said Colorado Springs is hiring 200. These guys are very hard working people breaks my heart to see this happen to are country. I am praying this doesnt go into a major depression and everyone loose all of it..:dunno:

Actually it is 220 jobs, they will be filled by Saturday. These jobs are information tech, computer company that recently moved here. Colorado Springs City is in the same shape as many other cities, the elected officials just spend spend spend and now are crying their eyes out because there is not enough tax dollars coming in to cover the new budget. The just don't understand, you don't increase a budget in hard times. The increase in taxes they want will be going to a vote of the people, I know the people are not going to vote to increase the taxes on their property. They even want to eliminate our TABOR for the city but are assuring us it will not eliminate TABOR for the state. The BLOCK HEADS are not just in Washington, D.C., we have several right here sitting on the city council.

Actually it is 220 jobs, they will be filled by Saturday. These jobs are information tech, computer company that recently moved here. Colorado Springs City is in the same shape as many other cities, the elected officials just spend spend spend and now are crying their eyes out because there is not enough tax dollars coming in to cover the new budget. The just don't understand, you don't increase a budget in hard times. The increase in taxes they want will be going to a vote of the people, I know the people are not going to vote to increase the taxes on their property. They even want to eliminate our TABOR for the city but are assuring us it will not eliminate TABOR for the state. The BLOCK HEADS are not just in Washington, D.C., we have several right here sitting on the city council.
I just let them know loan gas money to three they will be there they have sent emails to all there friends. Hey you gotta go where there is work.:rocker:

The BLOCK HEADS are not just in Washington, D.C., we have several right here sitting on the city council.

The BLOCKHEADS are not only on the Colorado Springs city council... we have them on ours also. Our just voted $2.4MILLION (that's right... MILLION) for additional bike paths here!!! I just don't understand...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom