Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Homecoming 2013 shirts & hats

To me this looks just right,with a better price and lighter weight.I'm in! thanks phrede.:cool:
Yes, this design is growing on me more and more.

Available fabric colors:
2013-09-01_1500.png

Left to right, top to bottom:
White
Black
Cool Heather Grey
Steel Grey
Navy
Royal
Mediterranean Blue
Ultramarine Blue
Maui Blue
Light Blue
Purple
Eggplant
Maroon
Burgandy
Red
Tropical pink
Light pink
Hibiscus
Orange
Texas Orange
Gold
Banana
Mint Green
Lime
Court Green
Kelly Green
Clover Green
Dark Green
Coffee Bean
Bark
Stone
Light Stone

t- shirts

Now to muddy the waters a little more.is Dave or anyone going forward w/t-shirts? some may want polo& t-shirt. :dunno:.

Now to muddy the waters a little more.is Dave or anyone going forward w/t-shirts? some may want polo& t-shirt. :dunno:.

Can't say for sure what's up with Dave. I was kind of waiting to see if we could coordinate the designs, but time was running short. I know I will probably want both.

If needed I can do them too. No problem. Just need to know soon.

T-Shirt idea.

• 6.1 oz. 100% pre-shrunk cotton; Heather and Safety colors are poly/cotton blends
  • Sturdy heavyweight cotton
  • Double-needle stitched for durability
  • Huge color selection
$21
2X+$2
3X+$3

front.jpg
back.jpg

T-Shirt idea.

• 6.1 oz. 100% pre-shrunk cotton; Heather and Safety colors are poly/cotton blends
  • Huge color selection
$21
2X+$2
3X+$3

front.jpg
back.jpg

May I make a suggestion in regards to the design. Maybe have the silhouette on the left chest, Cadillac crest on the sleeve and the the text larger and on the back. :cool:

May I make a suggestion in regards to the design. Maybe have the silhouette on the left chest, Cadillac crest on the sleeve and the the text larger and on the back. :cool:
By keeping the printing to just two places the price was kept down on this shirt. I also don't think the crest looks right in a single color. Swapping the silhouette and the lettering, front and rear, would be possible if enough people felt that way.

At this point there has been little interest in the T-Shirt.

tshirtxlt.jpg

When I was getting quotes I had a quote on this shirt of $14.86 each with min order of 10. Min order of 25 it dropped to $9.45
Nothing on back

View attachment 3216

When I was getting quotes I had a quote on this shirt of $14.86 each with min order of 10. Min order of 25 it dropped to $9.45
Nothing on back

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Was it the same shirt? Printing on two sides costs extra. PayPal adds 2.9%+$.30.
I quoted the max price (6 shirts) because the number is unknown. Actually, it is costing me $.18 per shirt at this rate.

What exactly are you trying to say? I thought you were done with the shirts?

t-shirts

T-Shirt idea.

• Huge color selection
$21
2X+$2
3X+$3

front.jpg
back.jpg

shirt looks good but better without silhouette on back. just my .02c's thanks

You get to pick either Men's or Ladies Style.

Phrede-

Amy is interested in the ladies style, but can't find anything about it on your link as regards whether the sizing is different, etc. What are we missing?

shirts?!?!?!?

I was supposed to be helping source shirts and Dave sent me the digitized files but they would not open properly at my stitching house. I never received original discs from Dave and I know he as been very very busy. I actually think (although I may be way wrong) that his stitching house corrupted the files (they were reluctant to give to Dave even though he had paid for them a number of years ago).

The biggest reason I eventually dropped the ball on this is due to timing: things did not come together in a timely manner (on the logos etc)and I have been buried in the organization of two large and important fundraisers for two charities I work with. The one event is on September 24th and I leave for BG on the 25th so I can use the extra day to head down along the Blue Ridge Parkway, i can not do that on the way back due to scheduled surgery on Oct 1st.

I am learning here that the garment industry is very different in the USA than Canada and it certainly appears you can get stuff in much smaller quantities while still being competitive in pricing on thos smaller quantities.

I really like what you have been working on Fred. Can I take it from what you have said that we can all choose what ever colour we want but it will only be stitched in white? Are you not going to suggest a specific shirt colour as the official one......but those who wish can choose another? Also, the t-shirt design: is that screened then and not stitched? Once I figure out the above I would love a higher quality, lighter weight polo plus a tshirt is fine too (unisex type only or is there a ladies in that too?) and will be happy to send you a paypal payment.

The bad news....

The vendors content legal dept. is worried about having both the XLR and the silhouette on the shirt. They have said the XLR needs to go.

I'm talking with them now to see if it could be either the silhouette OR the XLR Changing the XLR font is not good enough. This is news after they already OKed the design. The difference between sales and legal.

So here we are. How bad is it if the XLR is removed? If they say it is OK, is it better to remove the silhouette? Can the "XLR" be replaced with something else? Move the silhouette to the front of the T-shirt (one side printing is cheaper)

This applies to both the T-shirt and the Polo.

Opinions?

We do not have a lot of time to decide.

To those who have already purchased and sent your money. I will refund your money if the final design is not to your liking.

Just an option idea, is too call NCM the said we could use any of the logos on the 24"x24" brick when we had that done! They said there was no rights to XLR or the car logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

I was supposed to be helping source shirts and Dave sent me the digitized files but they would not open properly at my stitching house. I never received original discs from Dave and I know he as been very very busy. I actually think (although I may be way wrong) that his stitching house corrupted the files (they were reluctant to give to Dave even though he had paid for them a number of years ago).

The biggest reason I eventually dropped the ball on this is due to timing: things did not come together in a timely manner (on the logos etc)and I have been buried in the organization of two large and important fundraisers for two charities I work with. The one event is on September 24th and I leave for BG on the 25th so I can use the extra day to head down along the Blue Ridge Parkway, i can not do that on the way back due to scheduled surgery on Oct 1st.

I am learning here that the garment industry is very different in the USA than Canada and it certainly appears you can get stuff in much smaller quantities while still being competitive in pricing on thos smaller quantities.

I really like what you have been working on Fred. Can I take it from what you have said that we can all choose what ever colour we want but it will only be stitched in white? Are you not going to suggest a specific shirt colour as the official one......but those who wish can choose another? Also, the t-shirt design: is that screened then and not stitched? Once I figure out the above I would love a higher quality, lighter weight polo plus a tshirt is fine too (unisex type only or is there a ladies in that too?) and will be happy to send you a paypal payment.

You can choose the fabric color, the thread color is white. A different color thread/stitching can be used if more than 6 shirts are ordered with the same different color. This means if you want 6 shirts with black thread it can be done. 2 with red, 2 with blue and 2 with black can not. 6 minimum for each color. To this point there have been no requests for an alternate thread.

Official color? Nope. I'm choosing blue. I have a red car. Maybe those with blue cars will choose a red shirts??

The T-shirt is screened or printed. I relatively sure this single color design will be screened. In any case the t-shirt is not embroidered.
There is no ladies t-shirt.

Please see my last post about important design changes.

Just an option idea, is too call NCM the said we could use any of the logos on the 24"x24" brick when we had that done! They said there was no rights to XLR or the car logo.

Thanks Dan Gouker

Thats a thought, but I doubt the vendor will do anything based on the word of the NCM. I also doubt GM would ever take issue with the NCM. There is not enough time to find out if XLR belongs to GM. I know there is an XLR connector, but that does not mean that a car related XLR is not owned. Kind of like you can use a Bengal and you can use a football, but you can't use a Bengal and a football together without giving the NFL heartburn.

Unless of course, the Cadillac customer service rep who is watching knows better. :wave:

The vendors content legal dept. is worried about having both the XLR and the silhouette on the shirt. They have said the XLR needs to go.

I think they are dead wrong about the "XLR".

The car is no longer in production, hasn't been since 2009. Once the vehicle is no longer in production, I don't believe GM has the rights to it.

"Durango" used to be a trim level on the Chevy S-10 pickup, now it is a Dodge SUV. How did that happen?

GM almost acts like the XLR never existed. Does your shirt vendor really think that GM gives a hoot about a few shirts?

And WHO designed the silhouette?

Thats a thought, but I doubt the vendor will do anything based on the word of the NCM. I also doubt GM would ever take issue with the NCM. There is not enough time to find out if XLR belongs to GM. I know there is an XLR connector, but that does not mean that a car related XLR is not owned. Kind of like you can use a Bengal and you can use a football, but you can't use a Bengal and a football together without giving the NFL heartburn.

Unless of course, the Cadillac customer service rep who is watching knows better. :wave:

I guess we could talk about this all night but it all leads down to what the shirt co. will or will not do! So with limit time I guess just run with what they will do a that what we will have to settle with!

Thanks Dan Gouker

I think they are dead wrong about the "XLR".

The car is no longer in production, hasn't been since 2009. Once the vehicle is no longer in production, I don't believe GM has the rights to it.

"Durango" used to be a trim level on the Chevy S-10 pickup, now it is a Dodge SUV. How did that happen?

GM almost acts like the XLR never existed. Does your shirt vendor really think that GM gives a hoot about a few shirts?

And WHO designed the silhouette?

I understand, but I can't make them do it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom