Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid West Caravan to San Antonio,TX

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
After talking with some of the other members of the Mid West group this weekend, we have decided that we will be leaving for San Antonio on the morning of May 18th instead of the 20th. :rocker:

Bruce :)

Hmmm, since you guys will be there before me, then please be in the parking lot with a bottle of wine! :reddevil :lol:

Kathy, I know you will start lining up all kinds of things to see and do .... don't forget to add me and Ray to your lists .... we are the best tourists EVER!

You will spend 2 nights on the road each way? Or one? We used to spend 3-4 nights going to Bowling Green..... awesome landscape across these States, but can be a bit wearisome traveling too many hours a day. Cut yourselves some slack and enjoy the trip ...

Was anyone successful into slapping some sense into Homegrown and getting a commitment out of him? :D

We are still hoping to have Homegrown join us in SA. I think he will be there.

Bruce :wave:

Hmmm, since you guys will be there before me, then please be in the parking lot with a bottle of wine! :reddevil :lol:

Kathy, I know you will start lining up all kinds of things to see and do .... don't forget to add me and Ray to your lists .... we are the best tourists EVER!

You will spend 2 nights on the road each way? Or one? We used to spend 3-4 nights going to Bowling Green..... awesome landscape across these States, but can be a bit wearisome traveling too many hours a day. Cut yourselves some slack and enjoy the trip ...

Was anyone successful into slapping some sense into Homegrown and getting a commitment out of him? :D
I think we slapped some sense in him and Homegrown will be with us. I believe Bruce came up with a game plan that will work for Homegrown. I need my sidekick there. ;)

Hampton Inn Update

For anyone traveling with the Midwest group and those who have already booked at the Hampton Inn--I spoke with our coordinator and they will honor the special rate of $121.00 for additional days, should you decide to get there on the 19th as we are. Just give them a call to add to your reservation. For those that haven't booked yet remeber to use the 'XLR' when booking at the Hampton. The phone # 210-225-8500 or www.sanantoniodowntown.hamptoninn.com.

Professor also has a deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, ..... $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009

Let's get another big group together for a great travel destination:):) Book your rooms now!!

After talking with some of the other members of the Mid West group this weekend, we have decided that we will be leaving for San Antonio on the morning of May 18th instead of the 20th. :rocker:

Hey fellow MM members, I just extended our reservations at the Hampton to arrive on the 19th. The sooner we get there the better. I heard the may have five pecker pizza to go along with those 46oz margaritas.

We have updated our reservations as well, to arrive on the 19th. Let's get this party started!!!

Hey fellow MM members, I just extended our reservations at the Hampton to arrive on the 19th. The sooner we get there the better. I heard the may have five pecker pizza to go along with those 46oz margaritas.

I called and added two days to our reservation today.We have our room from the 19th through the 23rd. We will check out and head for home on the 24th.

Did you folks iron out an exact route? I think you were talking about staying in Texarkana on the way down; I might do the same if I drive.

Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go - how could I miss an opportunity to have a party with you all? :beerchug:

We'll go west and pick up the Illinois group then head south. We will try to make it to Texarkana, TX that first day.
I'm so glad you're going!! :rocker:

Kathy

If we can't make it to Texarkana, TX hopefully we can make it to Texarkana, Arkansas :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad we talked you into going, Rich!! Wouldn't be a party without you:rocker:
I'll send you the map, if I can remember what file I put it in on this computer:dunno:

Now we need to work on Bob & Paula!!!

We'll go west and pick up the Illinois group then head south. We will try to make it to Texarkana, TX that first day.
I'm so glad you're going!! :rocker:

Kathy

I'm sure I'd hate myself if I missed RIV. We always have so much fun together!!!!

Since we're leaving on a Monday, you could drive over to Indy on Sunday and stay with the Toffolo's.....after all, they'll need help loading the car! :chuckle:lol: You know how much stuff Missy Bling brings with her!:chuckle:chuckle

Did you folks iron out an exact route? I think you were talking about staying in Texarkana on the way down; I might do the same if I drive.

Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go - how could I miss an opportunity to have a party with you all? :beerchug:
I knew you wouldn't let us down. It wouldn't be the same without you. ;):worship:

If we can't make it to Texarkana, TX hopefully we can make it to Texarkana, Arkansas :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad we talked you into going, Rich!! Wouldn't be a party without you:rocker:
I'll send you the map, if I can remember what file I put it in on this computer:dunno:

Now we need to work on Bob & Paula!!!

And Todd and Karen. We'll have to go and pick up Larry to make sure that he and Shirley leave on time.:lol:

WI task list...

Hey MMs

OK, I ordered our shirts and extended the Hampton Inn reservations: check in 19-check out 24th.

Looking on the computer for pics for badges.

Are we making specific reservations for the drive down?
What's everyone doing for the activities in SA?

Just tell us what to do and where to be, when!

Off topic: Marion - I think you should change your name to Lil'Woman - more like wild gangsta style now that you have the new car - I don't think "Little Women" ride Harleys and V's :rocker:

~Quinn

Hey MMs

OK, I ordered our shirts and extended the Hampton Inn reservations: check in 19-check out 24th.

Looking on the computer for pics for badges.

Are we making specific reservations for the drive down?
What's everyone doing for the activities in SA?

Just tell us what to do and where to be, when!

Off topic: Marion - I think you should change your name to Lil'Woman - more like wild gangsta style now that you have the new car - I don't think "Little Women" ride Harleys and V's :rocker:

~Quinn

It appears you are getting caught up from being gone. I talked with some of the other MMs and we are looking into hotels for our overnight stop on the 18th. We would like to get to Texarkana the first day. What do you guys think? Do you want to drive that far the first day?

It looks like we will have plenty do when we get to SA. Kathy and I would like to do at least one of the drives. Both of them sound like fun. We plan on doing some sightseeing in SA...Wednesday and Saturday would be good for that.

Bruce :patriot:

It appears you are getting caught up from being gone. I talked with some of the other MMs and we are looking into hotels for our overnight stop on the 18th. We would like to get to Texarkana the first day. What do you guys think? Do you want to drive that far the first day?

It looks like we will have plenty do when we get to SA. Kathy and I would like to do at least one of the drives. Both of them sound like fun. We plan on doing some sightseeing in SA...Wednesday and Saturday would be good for that.

Bruce :patriot:

Bruce .... you guys doin' The Alamo on Saturday?? I wanna go! And puffy tacos ... gotta go get them thar' puffy tacos! :D

We haven't picked a day to visit the Alamo,but we could visit it either Wednesday or Saturday.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom