Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid West Caravan to San Antonio,TX

Click on one of Ruthies post and then the message at the end of her post will take you to all the action. You need to let her know what events you would like to do so she can put you on the list for that particular event.
It appears you are getting caught up from being gone. I talked with some of the other MMs and we are looking into hotels for our overnight stop on the 18th. We would like to get to Texarkana the first day. What do you guys think? Do you want to drive that far the first day?

It looks like we will have plenty do when we get to SA. Kathy and I would like to do at least one of the drives. Both of them sound like fun. We plan on doing some sightseeing in SA...Wednesday and Saturday would be good for that.

Bruce :patriot:

meetcha...

We'll go west and pick up the Illinois group then head south. We will try to make it to Texarkana, TX that first day.
I'm so glad you're going!! :rocker:

Kathy

Can we meet you guys in Effingham or thereabouts? We will drive that far the day before and catch the caravan as it goes by. You'll only need to slow down a little.

Cubby - you mentioned a map to Rich - can you send it to us, too?
Thanks,
Cathy

:wave:Cathy,
Having done two long convoys in miles, when someone is trying to catch up to the convoy that has made a quick stop, you would be suprised as to how long it takes to meet up again, miles and miles, after a while you tend to speed to try and catch up and that's when the man in the grass with the radar gets you.
My suggestion or .02 cents, would be to make sure you have cell numbers of everyone in the convoy, then choose a place to meet at a specific time, such as 10 am to 11 am, after that all bets are off. Try to pick a known location, like a restaurant off your nav screen or laptop. Then you all can get out and give each other hugs:grouphug:
It takes quantum physics to all get there at the same time, but you can get close if you map your plan carefully............Listen to me, I sound like the teacher, now don't be late for school:laugh::patriot:
Can we meet you guys in Effingham or thereabouts? We will drive that far the day before and catch the caravan as it goes by. You'll only need to slow down a little.

Thanks,
Cathy

Map is on the way

Cathy,

Have to search my computer files for it, but I will email it to you. If you are staying the night in Effingham the night before, let us know where and the caravan can meet there. It's about the same from Indy to Effingham; for Bruce and the Indy gang; as it is for me to Effingham, so we should all meet up about the same time.

Thanks,
Cathy

Our overnight in Texarkana

To the Midwest Caravan,

I will be working on getting us a place to stay overnight in Texarkana in the next few weeks--(after our trip to Asheville) I don't know if we'll be able to get a special rate for one night, but I'll make sure we get a good place to stay that sake for our cars, as well.

Time is starting to fly and May will be here before we know it. Hope everyone is finally getting good weather and can get outside to enjoy it.

The weather is crap today but will be better the next few. Good old Bruce is putting some new tires on Tiffany, an oil change and a new battery in her so I should be al set other than a new wax job. Can't wait to try her out on the new tires. Still trying to work it out for Ashville trip.

Hope you guys can make it--looks like the MM's will be well represented on this trip, but wouldn't be complete without you guys. Wish Todd & Karen could make it also. If you guys don't make it, I think Phil will be staying home. We will probably bring his little brother though.:laugh::laugh:

The weather is crap today but will be better the next few. Good old Bruce is putting some new tires on Tiffany, an oil change and a new battery in her so I should be al set other than a new wax job. Can't wait to try her out on the new tires. Still trying to work it out for Ashville trip.

I knew you were coming, but I know you are bringing Phil's cousin--you always do:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bringing Phil doesn't allow me top down driving--He prefers riding in the Expedition:chuckle:chuckle

Did you forget that I'll be there? You"d better bring Phil! :laugh:

Cuby, Still trying to work things out to make the trip. It will have to be a last minute decision due to work is crazy right now. We are already about 6 weeks behind. Who says there is a bad economy. My customers seem to not be able to spend it fast enough. This will probably be our best year ever. Missy Bling will be in Florida with her yearly neighborhood girls trip so if I make it I will be running solo.

Cuby, Still trying to work things out to make the trip. It will have to be a last minute decision due to work is crazy right now. We are already about 6 weeks behind. Who says there is a bad economy. My customers seem to not be able to spend it fast enough. This will probably be our best year ever. Missy Bling will be in Florida with her yearly neighborhood girls trip so if I make it I will be running solo.
Hope you can make it Marc. With Missy Bling being gone you need to come hang out with all of us so you can have something to do. Remember all work and no play makes Marc a grumpy boy. :chuckle:chuckle;)

Hope you can make it Marc. With Missy Bling being gone you need to come hang out with all of us so you can have something to do. Remember all work and no play makes Marc a grumpy boy. :chuckle:chuckle;)

Maybe that's why I'm hardly ever grumpy; I like to play... A LOT!! But, then again, one does have to work :(:( in order to play...
Marc... I DO hope you make it to SA. Would be GREAT to meet you!!!

Hmmm .... I think they're talking about the Biltmore trip that's coming up for them next weekend .... the MM's do a lot of stuff once the sun comes out back there .... :wave:

Hmmm .... I think they're talking about the Biltmore trip that's coming up for them next weekend .... the MM's do a lot of stuff once the sun comes out back there .... :wave:

We should put things like that at this end of the country. What are your thoughts?

Speedway

Fred

We should put things like that at this end of the country. What are your thoughts?

Speedway

Fred

Sounds like FUN... although I'm not sure how often I would be able to get away. Besides, I don't think there are many XLR's in the Northern states... but maybe we could get together in between somewhere???

Sounds like FUN... although I'm not sure how often I would be able to get away. Besides, I don't think there are many XLR's in the Northern states... but maybe we could get together in between somewhere???

We can get away fairly easily now that this past year's health garbage is almost over .... and I am soooooooooo ready. There is nothing and I mean nothing, like a road trip to renew the mind and spirit! Now, if I could only find that tree that grows the $$$ ....:chuckle (Oh, and does anyone have a map to the Fountain of Youth??)

Ok MM's, we leave in 31 days! :party

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back