Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear swaybar parts list '04-'09

Got my sway bar yesterday! Parts list and pricing was spot on. Area warranty rep is still undecided on my headlights...which reminds me I need to call my dealer and check.
Bruce

Bruce, I have a question for you and also Craig at D3.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I have a V and I’m considering a stiffer set of sway bars. I’m considering the Corvette ZO6 bars which I can get for around $200.00 as take offs or D3’s new bars which cost $440.00 plus shipping.
<o:p> </o:p>
How do the standard V’s bars compare to the ZO6 bars? How do the D3 bars compare to the V’s bars and to the ZO6 bars?
Will any of these choices affect ride more than the other? Bruce, when you mentioned the C6 bars as compared to the V bars, you alluded to the fact that the V bars make for a better ride. Can you expand on that? I love to drive the twisty roads and hope to do some “track days” at road Atlanta, but my wife uses the car as a daily driver, and I can’t diminish the ride (by too much anyway). Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed.
<o:p>Thanks</o:p>
Jack

I JUST GOT THE D3 BARS FRONT AND REAR THEY ARE A LOT BIGGER ,AND DON'T EFFECT THE RIDE ...AND THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU .. I'M GETTING MY CORSA FROM THEM ALSO ..

After two years of procrastination I finally got them on mine. Why did I wait. Noticable improvement for little $. :rocker:

I had the sway bar put on mine last week. Quite pleased with the results.:chuckle

Speedway

Fred

Yes .... no more loosey-goosey. That really should have been a standard in production.

NO THE 08'S DON'T COME WITH ONE WENT WITH THE THE HEAVY ONE FROM D3 CADILLAC ..THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH, AND HAVE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE XLR SPEED EQUIP..:worship:

I ordered the parts for a rear sway bar Sunday. I ordered from gmpartsdirect.com. So far the process is disappointing. Prices are up 20% since last year, not a deal breaker but where is that deflation I keep hearing about. The parts are "special order" and cannot be cancelled or returned once ordered. Part 15907003, link, is no longer available, but there is a substitute part. After I placed the no cancel order, I get told the clamps are back ordered with no estimate of a delivery date. I can cancel the clamp order, but I cannot cancel the rest of the order! Just what I did not need, a sway bar that I cannot be clamped to the car! Makes me wish I had ordered from D3. They may charge more, but you get a single package with supposedly better quality, matched parts.

I ordered the parts for a rear sway bar Sunday. I ordered from gmpartsdirect.com. So far the process is disappointing. Prices are up 20% since last year, not a deal breaker but where is that deflation I keep hearing about. The parts are "special order" and cannot be cancelled or returned once ordered. Part 15907003, link, is no longer available, but there is a substitute part. After I placed the no cancel order, I get told the clamps are back ordered with no estimate of a delivery date. I can cancel the clamp order, but I cannot cancel the rest of the order! Just what I did not need, a sway bar that I cannot be clamped to the car! Makes me wish I had ordered from D3. They may charge more, but you get a single package with supposedly better quality, matched parts.
I read on here about the sway bar and Bruce, cadillac tech gave us the stock number I went to the dealer got it had them install it and I got to tell you it really makes one heck of an improvement. I like it a lot.;)

Fred:wave:

Thank you for the encouragement. Two of the hesitation I had about buying an XLR showed up during my test drive at the dealer. There was too much wind noise with the top down at highway speeds, and there was too much lean/sway with hard cornering. When I read on this forum that I could add a windscreen and sway bar to address each concern, I was sold on the XLR. I am still happy with the choice. I love the car and enjoy every excuse to drive it. The windscreen works very well. Now I just need a couple of clamps and I can add my sway bar.

Steve
2008 XLR, platinum on ebony, mesh grill, chrome wheels, Cadi windscreen, and uninstalled sway bar.

Sorry to hear about your problems with ordering parts off the internet. My dealer ordered for me off Bruce's list, then matched the price. I would have hoped with the dealer closings the ones staying in business would appreciate their customers more - not less. At the end of the day (that is the day after you get your parts) you'll be happy with the purchase.
Bruce

Thank you for the encouragement. Two of the hesitation I had about buying an XLR showed up during my test drive at the dealer. There was too much wind noise with the top down at highway speeds, and there was too much lean/sway with hard cornering. When I read on this forum that I could add a windscreen and sway bar to address each concern, I was sold on the XLR. I am still happy with the choice. I love the car and enjoy every excuse to drive it. The windscreen works very well. Now I just need a couple of clamps and I can add my sway bar.

Steve
2008 XLR, platinum on ebony, mesh grill, chrome wheels, Cadi windscreen, and uninstalled sway bar.

I checked today, there are 12 in the country. If you'd like I can try and get you two, if the dealers will sell the ones they have.

I opened a SPAC case on the clamps today, we'll see if we get a response from any of the dealers that show having them. I will let you know.

Update to Parts List

Part #
15806422 shaft/swaybar

11516078 nut (4)

15907003 link (2)

11515775 bolt (2)

10317560 insulator (2)

15142776 clamp (2)

Bruce :)

With Bruce's help, I got the sway bar installed on my XLR today. I love it! It changes the car from a great looking roadster to a great looking luxury sports car!<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Here is an update to Bruce's parts list:<O:p
Instead of the 15806422 shaft/sway bar, I went for the heavier 10339124 shaft. Actually the 15806422 might have been better since the heavier one made the ride a little rougher.<O:p></O:p>
The 15907003 link has been replace by GM with 20822934.<O:p></O:p>
The 15142776 clamps are hard to get but GM has a new clamp 25933429 that seems to work as well.<O:p
Prices are up. With no sales tax, GMPartsDirect.com charged $165.55. There was a bit of confusion in filling my order including the threat of charging me for an incomplete set of parts with no refund. Otherwise they did a good job. In hindsight it might have been better to pay a little extra and get the parts from a dealer and deal with a person rather than a computer. I understand D3 is also easy to deal with.
<O:p</O:p

Unlike some of the self installations reported on this forum, I found the installation moderately difficult. Of course, I do work at a desk job during the week. It took approximately 3 1/2 hours for everything including figuring out how to jack up and support the car. I needed a torque wrench, a ¾-inch deep socket and at least one ¾ in wrench. 18 mm works as well. The most exciting part was when I had to crawl almost completely under the car to torque the inside nut for the link and I rolled over my FOB and set off the alarm. Yikes! In the end it was worth 10 time the effort in exchange for the improved handling of the car.

Steve<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Steve, I'm glad you got your parts and that you got them installed. Enjoy!

... The most exciting part was when I had to crawl almost completely under the car to torque the inside nut for the link and I rolled over my FOB and set off the alarm. Yikes! ...
Steve<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

:laugh::laugh: That is so funny!

I had no problem getting the parts through my local dealer. They came in less than a week. I installed it yesterday. The change is handling is great. Can't figure out why GM didn't include it in the first place.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom