Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear swaybar parts list '04-'09

Ken,

If you look at Dave's pictures in post #49 you will see you only need two of the bolts. Where the clamps bolt, the top hole is already drilled and tap in the frame. You'll have it on in no time with all your expertise!! You may be able to put a hitch on for those jet skis while you under there!:laugh::laugh:

According to my receipt today, these are the part numbers currently being used by GM for the Sway Bar installion "kit" in comparison of the part numbers from the first posting on this thread:

Part #
15806422 shaft/swaybar

11516078 nut (4)

20822934 link (2)

11515775 bolt (2)

10317560 insulator (2)

25933429 clamp (2)

For some reason, I ordered 4 bolts, probably thinking 1 bolt/nut. Photos I see of the installation indicate I may need the two extra bolts but I'm not sure.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

Torque specs

Stabilizer shaft insulator clamp bolts- 74 lbs ft.

Stabilizer shaft insulator clamp nuts- 70 lbs ft.

Stabilzer shaft link nuts- 56 lbs ft.

Thanks for posting the torque settings. My kit is scheduled to arrive March 3 via fed ex. My fed ex shipments always arrive a day early so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get it installed on the 2nd!!

FINALLY got my sway bar installed over the weekend.

After installed, I had Ann do a solo test drive on some of the local mountain roads and she did report better handling. It was her daily driver, therefore I knew that her perceptions would be more keen. She also said that some of the original growning and popping sounds from the rear suspension are now totally gone.

I'll have my go at a test drive as soon as it becomes top-down weather.

Thanks again to all for the parts and installation info. It made it a lot easier to Get-R-Dun.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

Sway Bar parts update

Any update on info about the part numbers?

I checked GM Parts Direct, and all parts come up.

I am planning to visit my dealer soon and talk to them about this upgrade.

Here's what I found :

15806422 Shaft 1 $55.18
11516078 Nut 4 $ 2.55
20822934 Link 2 $20.93
11515775 Bolt 2 $ 2.59
10317560 Insulator 2 $ 5.55
25933429 Clamp 2 $ 5.55

Any update on info about the part numbers?

I checked GM Parts Direct, and all parts come up.

I am planning to visit my dealer soon and talk to them about this upgrade.

Here's what I found :

15806422 Shaft 1 $55.18
11516078 Nut 4 $ 2.55
20822934 Link 2 $20.93
11515775 Bolt 2 $ 2.59
10317560 Insulator 2 $ 5.55
25933429 Clamp 2 $ 5.55

That's what I show for the correct part numbers... and great prices, BTW. Beats what I can get them for, and I own a collision repair shop!!!

drove my car this morning for the first time after installing a c6 z51 rear sway bar. WOW, what a difference, feels a lot more like my c5z now. Thanks for the part numbers and torque specs Cadillac tech!

See anything new?

Crimson Pearl had a good week.

MVC-007F-1.jpg

First I installed the deluxe deck lid liner, then she went to my dealer to have the rear sway bar kit installed. I ended up purchasing the parts from the dealer and having them install it, so all is covered and nothing would have any effect on my extended warranty.

Quite frankly, I was happy to pay for the hour of labor and know that everything was torqued properly. Also, I like to support my local dealer as they have a XLR specific technician on staff.

It does seem to feel more "planted" in the curves than before.

To Lube or Not to Lube: that is the question!

Can I assume that I should be using some additional lube on the urethane insulators where the shaft goes through them? :confused: Nobody has said anything in all the chatter about their sway bar installations.

I have all the parts, armed with the gumption to do the job, torque specs on hand..........I am just waiting to be able to get the car on the hoist as my son is doing an engine swap on his truck. :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

Our insulators were already lubed up when we received the kit & we didn't add any more. Install went fine, so has operation so far. Huge difference on some of our rough roads, no more rear-end skitter. :cool:

Can I assume that I should be using some additional lube on the urethane insulators where the shaft goes through them? :confused: Nobody has said anything in all the chatter about their sway bar installations.

I have all the parts, armed with the gumption to do the job, torque specs on hand..........I am just waiting to be able to get the car on the hoist as my son is doing an engine swap on his truck. :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

You don't need to add extra lube to the bushings. Install them as they came.:)

Next Spring I am sure I will be lifting her skirt and lettin' her dance right from the start! I know exactly what to expect! :rocker:

Does your car have the rear anti-swaybar installed?

Does your car have the rear anti-swaybar installed?

Yes it does have a sway bar installed, a stock Cadillac V bar, bolted it in myself! Also has a Corsa exhaust and I replaced the run flats with regular performance tires. I am itching to get it on a closed road course next year, it handles so nice, best car I have ever driven in corners etc.

Yes it does have a sway bar installed, a stock Cadillac V bar, bolted it in myself!

I had my Cadillac dealer install the anti-swaybar in Crimson Pearl a few months ago. The only real opportunity that I have had to check out the improvement was the 3 laps I run on the Charlotte Motor Speedway on 9/11/11, but it felt "more planted".

We'll look forward to your reports in the future!

went to my dealer to have the rear sway bar kit installed. I ended up purchasing the parts from the dealer and having them install it, so all is covered and nothing would have any effect on my extended warranty.

Finally got the time to proceed with getting the sway bar added to my XLR.
I'm approaching the process using the same logic as Crimson Pearl..... Parts are on order. The dealer's install should happen at the end of this week or early next, parts permitting.

One question raised toward me was whether it will be necessary to tap and thread the pre-drilled holes in the frame. Since I have seen no mention of threading issues previously I assumed it is not needed. Am I understating the need?

Steve

I'm approaching the process using the same logic as Crimson Pearl..... Parts are on order. The dealer's install should happen at the end of this week or early next, parts permitting.

One question raised toward me was whether it will be necessary to tap and thread the pre-drilled holes in the frame. Since I have seen no mention of threading issues previously I assumed it is not needed. Am I understating the need?

Steve

Steve,

You will have no problem - the holes are already threaded. The Anti Sway bar literally bolts right on to existing spots. The upper holes are covered with a tape - just have to puncture the tape or peal it back.

Enjoy! And have a great holiday season! :wave:

Steve

You are correct in your assumption that there are no threading issues. The holes are pre-drilled and tapped correctly. It should take less than an hour to do the sway bar addition.

Steve

I will be interested in your evaluation of the difference, if any, that you notice after the installation.

It must not take long for a qualified tech to install the parts - I only paid for 1 hour of labor!

I will be interested in your evaluation of the difference, if any, that you notice after the installation.

It must not take long for a qualified tech to install the parts - I only paid for 1 hour of labor!

I definitely noticed a difference with adding the sway bars to my '05. easily noticeable since the 2005 never had a rear sway bar installed. Easy do-it-yourself project, took me less than an hour to do both and torque them, pretty funny it actually took me longer to get mine up in the air then it did to add the swaybars.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom