Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear swaybar parts list '04-'09

Just ordered the rear sway bar parts from my local Cadillac dealer. Thanks for the list Bruce.
The dealer said it's an hour's work. So, for the one hour labor charge, I'll let them install it.

Paulc

The dealer tells me that the #15142776 clamp is on back order.

Sli1, said GM has a new clamp #25933429 that seems to work as well.

Is it an equal to the clamp on your list and would you recommend using it???

The dealer tells me that the #15142776 clamp is on back order.

Sli1, said GM has a new clamp #25933429 that seems to work as well.

Is it an equal to the clamp on your list and would you recommend using it???

My computer shows the 15142776 for 04-08 and the 25933429 fitting '09s. But all the other parts for the stabilizer bar are the same for all years. I would give the 25933429 a try; I don't see how it can be different than the 15142776 with all the other parts being the same.

OK thanks, I'll give the info to the dealer and let you know how I make out.

Swaybar

Just had my dealer install a rear sway bar on my 06, and felt the difference right away.
The ride is the same but the back end is a lot more stable.
Thanks for the parts list.

Just had my dealer install a rear sway bar on my 06, and felt the difference right away.
The ride is the same but the back end is a lot more stable.
Thanks for the parts list.

I ordered my parts a couple of weeks ago and got notifications this week that they are shipping (I ordered from NEWGMPARTS.com). $177 with tax and shipping. I am quite excited to experience this as well. I'll let you know.
Thanks for the parts list, Bruce.

I ordered my parts a couple of weeks ago and got notifications this week that they are shipping (I ordered from NEWGMPARTS.com). $177 with tax and shipping. I am quite excited to experience this as well. I'll let you know.
Thanks for the parts list, Bruce.

Just received a package with "most" of my parts. Looks like NEWGMPARTS.com automatically substituted the LINKS (ordered part# 15907003 with part # 20822934).
Just need the Stabilizer Bar to show up (I think it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow). Might be a good weekend project, getting these installed.

Thanks again, Bruce, for getting this info. Can't wait to install it.

Sway Bar installed! AWESOME

Well, Devin & I installed the Rear Sway Bar on my '05. Bolted right on. Couldn't have been easier. I can't believe the difference, I love it!

Here are some pics for reference:

It looks good.
The dealer charged me $98.00 (one hour for labor) to install the sway bar.
Did you have to torque the bolts to a specific spec??

It looks good.
The dealer charged me $98.00 (one hour for labor) to install the sway bar.
Did you have to torque the bolts to a specific spec??

I have the torque specs from a Service Manual CD I purchased. Most around 45ftlbs. 70ftlbs for the clamp bolts.

Good job Dave. I noticed you had Devin doing all the ground work. :lol::lol:
You'll notice it when we run some twistys again, don't know why it was standard on all the models.

Well, Devin & I installed the Rear Sway Bar on my '05. Bolted right on. Couldn't have been easier. I can't believe the difference, I love it!

Here are some pics for reference:

Finally.........

I have finally gone and ordered the swaybar for my '05 XLR. They won't be in for a week or two, but I can wait........the concrete is a little too cold for my old bones.

While the XLR was in the shop for a new fuel sender, I took my shopping list (thanks Bruce) and hit the parts department for a quote. They came in at over $245.00 for the load. After I showed them what the rest of the forum had paid, and what I could get them for off of GMPartsDirect.com, he matched it with a 28% decrease.

Due to a major falling out with the local service department, I'll be doing the installation myself.

A big THANK YOU to all in this thread that have contributed instructions, specs and photos. I feel that it won't be a problem in doing the job myself. I really look forward to seeing if I can feel the difference.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

I have finally gone and ordered the swaybar for my '05 XLR. They won't be in for a week or two, but I can wait........the concrete is a little too cold for my old bones.

I feel that it won't be a problem in doing the job myself. I really look forward to seeing if I can feel the difference.

It's not that hard of a job to do... all the threads are there, they're just covered with black tape. I did mine and it really makes a BIG difference..

I have this sway bar also and its a dramtic improvement and makes the car so much more fun to drive. Hope you really enjoy it as well.:D

Fred:wave:

While the XLR was in the shop for a new fuel sender, I took my shopping list (thanks Bruce) and hit the parts department for a quote. They came in at over $245.00 for the load. After I showed them what the rest of the forum had paid, and what I could get them for off of GMPartsDirect.com, he matched it with a 28% decrease.

Due to a major falling out with the local service department, I'll be doing the installation myself.

A big THANK YOU to all in this thread that have contributed instructions, specs and photos. I feel that it won't be a problem in doing the job myself. I really look forward to seeing if I can feel the difference.

A man with your talent will have no problems with the installation. You'll really enjoy the differnce it makes.

I ordered mine today. $179 from gmpartsdirect. Hopefully it will be in fairly soon.

I just got the call from the Cadillac Parts Department. The last of the parts for the Sway Bar installation just came in and I'll be going by to pick up the load.

As reported by others, the CLAMP seems to be the problem part. It no longer is a GM stocked part but rather an Supplier Direct shipment.

Also, several of the part numbers have changed (some as many as three times per the Parts guy). I'll provide a listing of the current P/N list upon receipt of the delivery.

XLRKen

I'd appreciate the updated parts list. I honestly hadn't thought about making the upgrade, but after reading everything that's been written here, sounds like a must do...

New Part Numbers

According to my receipt today, these are the part numbers currently being used by GM for the Sway Bar installion "kit" in comparison of the part numbers from the first posting on this thread:

Part #
15806422 shaft/swaybar

11516078 nut (4)

20822934 link (2)

11515775 bolt (2)

10317560 insulator (2)

25933429 clamp (2)

For some reason, I ordered 4 bolts, probably thinking 1 bolt/nut. Photos I see of the installation indicate I may need the two extra bolts but I'm not sure.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back