Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

At the wedding, see you soon!

Today is my daughter Andrea's wedding. I am in Tampa, FL. Be back on line on Monday.
Henry/Professor;)

Well ..... surprise - surprise .....guess who's out in the garage with a bottle of Maguires #7 and an Adamm's polishing cloth??? Yep ... every nook & cranny of Lola is getting a once (twice, trice?) over. She looks :drool:. Then next weekend when we hit the desert ..... and .... poof! :pat:

REMINDER: Have we checked with any and everyone we know to see if there's any chance that they can join us on this trip??? There's still rooms available .... unfortunately we have lost 2 couples that were going to stay at The Hilton ... but the rate remains the same....
It's not too late to fly in .... we have cars who could use co-pilots! :rocker:

We are down to being able to count down the days on both hands now ... I am getting so excited that I am literally :jump:!!!

I'm so excited ...

Ruth Ann, that is exactly the way I feel, I can hardly wait...I have been so excited about getting to go and meet everyone new to me and see the people I have already met, plus, I have never been in TX. My car will get it's final clean up this week and I know it is ready to hit the road....can't wait to see you, do you think we might find a front porch or balcony to sit on and have a glass of wine ???

jeanie

Well ..... surprise - surprise .....guess who's out in the garage with a bottle of Maguires #7 and an Adamm's polishing cloth??? Yep ... every nook & cranny of Lola is getting a once (twice, trice?) over. She looks :drool:. Then next weekend when we hit the desert ..... and .... poof! :pat:

REMINDER: Have we checked with any and everyone we know to see if there's any chance that they can join us on this trip??? There's still rooms available .... unfortunately we have lost 2 couples that were going to stay at The Hilton ... but the rate remains the same....
It's not too late to fly in .... we have cars who could use co-pilots! :rocker:

We are down to being able to count down the days on both hands now ... I am getting so excited that I am literally :jump:!!!

RA,
Yes, we are down to 9 days until we meet in Las Cruses! This is going to be such fun! I will try and get as much rest as I can since our Friday morning to Saturday night drive to and from Colorado. I know that I'm wiped out from all the fun we had up there, but mostly because of the drive, 5 1/2 hours each way, but it was well worth the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
See you in Cruses!
obb!

I just got back from my South Carolina trip - Misty was perfect - she did 770 miles in 10 1/2 hours (she's a BAD girl!!)!:lol: The speed limits are 55 to 70.

I'm sure we'll have lots of places to sit with wine, beer, or even Crystal Light, if that's your drink! I can't wait - the car is still semi-packed from this weekend. I'm leaving a week from today!!

See you all SOON!!!!!!!

Just a thought as I begin to think about packing up for RIV: Are we going to need to bring any "nicer" clothes, or is everything going to be casual? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have been wondering the same thing. Myself I prefer to be casual, especially when we will be where it is pretty hot and humid. I am not bringing a sport jacket, just shirts, slacks, shorts, a couple pair of shoes and of course underware. Any other thoughts on dress code?

Just be cool and comfortable. Who wants to dress up when on vacation!!!! I don't believe we have any stops that are dress code required. If there is we can go elsewhere.

I quite agree with all you guys ... the Southwest is very casual anyway ... :blinzel: I think a t-shirt/golf shirt/sport shirt gets you into pretty much anyplace.

I'm with you .... on road trips I just wanna be comfy ... and I just wanna sit back with a glass of wine and let all of you guys entertain me with your antics ... :D

Soon .... :grouphug: ..... soon!

:wave:

Just a thought as I begin to think about packing up for RIV: Are we going to need to bring any "nicer" clothes, or is everything going to be casual? Any thoughts or suggestions?
I will be packing handcuffs, chop sticks, devil horns, and funnel. Haven't even thought of wardrobe. ;):D

I heard Marc was working on a shoe rack for the top of the trunk for Missy Bling's shoes:laugh::laugh::lol::lol:

Missy Bling won't need to pack 5 coats, but she'll certainly need everything else for her wardrobe changes! And SHOES!!!!! :laugh:

:wave:Love ya, Baby!!!

Underwear? Who is it that doesn't bring underwear, is it Mark? (mswaim). I have no room for underwear, I'll just be wearin a kilt, Dont cha know.
It's hot and it's humid, the less you wear the better you will feel. he he! or is it the more you will feel? he he! Going to my room now.:bash:
I have been wondering the same thing. Myself I prefer to be casual, especially when we will be where it is pretty hot and humid. I am not bringing a sport jacket, just shirts, slacks, shorts, a couple pair of shoes and of course underware. Any other thoughts on dress code?

This is it! :party
We've been counting the months, weeks, years, days and now we're down to hours :rocker:!

Just amazing to me is how different it is to prepare for a long road trip versus a jump on a plane .... :willy_nilly:.... I guess it's the "sharing" of the trunk thing .... :squint:

We got the green light to leave on Monday .... and that's a good thing .... although it is going to take us 3 days to get to SA, none of them will be all day driving - that's a real pleasant change from our normal pedal to the metal Rendezvous trips.

Well - back to procratinating .... uhhhh, I mean packing! :laugh:

If I know you, the trunk is packed and your sitting in the passenger seat and having food delivered from Sonic to your window................Get ready, get set, Gooooooooooooo!
Just missed your call, but just wanted to check to see if who was going to meet at the Waffle House in Tucson.
Missy Jaimie has to work Tuesday so we can't do the River thing at Laughlin. I reminded her that it's an eleven hour trip from Las Cruces to the house and she said she would try to convince her manager that she needs that day off too, so it's still up in the air.:pat: This is all to crazy.
I iced Ichiban yesterday so she is gleaming, just trying to out do Ray, which I have a snow balls chance in hell of doing.
Got a PM from George the detailer and he had his big trailer stolen at an event so he had to go to his back up but will be there. He's going to try and charm The Hampton into letting him use their water to fill his 500 gallon water tank. I told him good luck, he may have to make a few runs home to fill it.
Two more get ups and away we go.
Think we will come down the 5 to 805 to the 8 to the 10 into Tucson. This way we miss Phoenix.
This is it! :party
We've been counting the months, weeks, years, days and now we're down to hours :rocker:!

Just amazing to me is how different it is to prepare for a long road trip versus a jump on a plane .... :willy_nilly:.... I guess it's the "sharing" of the trunk thing .... :squint:

We got the green light to leave on Monday .... and that's a good thing .... although it is going to take us 3 days to get to SA, none of them will be all day driving - that's a real pleasant change from our normal pedal to the metal Rendezvous trips.

Well - back to procratinating .... uhhhh, I mean packing! :laugh:

Well, I seem to have the important things done, nails and pedicure, and my clothes are packed, shoes, almost everything, just have to pick out my music to go with me....Eagles, Willie Nelson, Toby, Cher, Elton John, Kid Rock and Casting Crowns they are all good company...and don't mind me singing along. Have to fill my cooler.....then I am set to go....Hope I packed enough clothes ????? Oh, one more thing, the angel on my shoulder... :angel now I am ready. See you all later... Have a safe trip!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom