Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Going broke

Bruce .... what's a cradle lift? :dunno:

Here's a picture of it;

POWER TRAIN LIFT / TABLE​

The Power Train Lift/Table not only handles transmissions and fuel tanks, but also engines and transaxles, rear ends and leaf springs. Serves as a work table where the components can be lowered to a stable and secure work height for repair.​

FEATURES:

An air/hydraulic foot pump includes a metered valve for safe lowering of the load. The pump can be removed from its holder, placed closer to the lift saddle, leaving hands free to accurately position the load.​

• Fully adjustable saddle with two ratchet tie downs secure the load to the saddle.​

• Four swivel ball bearing caster wheels with polyurethane tread protect floors yet provide easy maneuverability. The rear caster wheels have a double locking feature. One lock prevents the rear wheels from turning when the lift is used in a repair mode. The other locks the rear casters in a fixed direction to provide steering ability.​

• The optional model 72508 Fuel Tank Saddle Adapter can quickly and easily be installed.​

Cradle Lift/Table

Here's a picture of it;

POWER TRAIN LIFT / TABLE​

The Power Train Lift/Table not only handles transmissions and fuel tanks, but also engines and transaxles, rear ends and leaf springs. Serves as a work table where the components can be lowered to a stable and secure work height for repair.​

FEATURES:

An air/hydraulic foot pump includes a metered valve for safe lowering of the load. The pump can be removed from its holder, placed closer to the lift saddle, leaving hands free to accurately position the load.​

• Fully adjustable saddle with two ratchet tie downs secure the load to the saddle.​

• Four swivel ball bearing caster wheels with polyurethane tread protect floors yet provide easy maneuverability. The rear caster wheels have a double locking feature. One lock prevents the rear wheels from turning when the lift is used in a repair mode. The other locks the rear casters in a fixed direction to provide steering ability.​

• The optional model 72508 Fuel Tank Saddle Adapter can quickly and easily be installed.​

Ahh Hah ! so that is a Cradle Lift....it looks really nifty and yes Bruce it is pretty....Of course I wish you the best, and I have a good feeling about this move, I think you are the best mechanic around and word will spread where you have moved to. Soooo, in a little bit I will be down to your house and we will go and celebrate, the three of us along with Kathy's brother Brad, We will be dining at Bruce's favorite restaurant, Pizza Hut in Noblesville, It will be fun, and I wish everyone could be there with us, but we will be thinking of you...I want you all to know I miss you and I can't wait to see everyone again...Love to all of you, jeanie:wave:

Bruce,

Its great to see you getting settled in your new place. I'm sure, from what I've heard, that this will turn out to be a wonderful opportunity for you. Whenever one door closes, another one opens. Best of luck as you move to another chapter in your career.

My cousin's been dying to have me come down to Indy for a visit... may just have to take a drive down that way. I'll be sure to let you and Kathy know when we come.

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks great.

Just an FYI...at this time Bruce doesn't have access to the internet at his new employment, so he will not be able to check the XLR-Net while he is at work. I don't know if that will change in the future.
He just called me & everything is going well.

Kathy

Just an FYI...at this time Bruce doesn't have access to the internet at his new employment, so he will not be able to check the XLR-Net while he is at work. I don't know if that will change in the future.

Kathy
Thanks for letting us know. I hope he has a great first day. Please have him post tonight to let us all know how it went.

Kathy
Hmmm - well, maybe Sante will bring him a new laptot!? :xmas:

Bruce will post tonight & let everyone know how his first day went.

Kathy

Bruce just called me. He's out test driving a Honda Civic! He's not saying it's a bad car, but it's NO Cadillac. He said the starter on my Corvette puts out more horsepower than the 1.7 liter Civic! :laugh::laugh:
He has an Escalade to look at next. :rocker:

Kathy

Guess that's one of the drawbacks from not being at the dealership...he has to work on foreign cars too!! :lol::lol:

Bruce just called me. He's out test driving a Honda Civic! He's not saying it's a bad car, but it's NO Cadillac. He said the starter on my Corvette puts out more horsepower than the 1.7 liter Civic! :laugh::laugh:

Kathy

Kathy
Happy to hear things are going well.

Busy week!!

Well, I survived the first week of the new job. It was a very busy week and very tiring. There is plenty of work and plenty to do. The shop and their way of doing things has gotten more familiar to me with each passing day. It is a nice group of people to work with...so far.:) They have made sure I have gotten all of the Cadillacs and most of the GM products to work on. This has been very helpful. The owner of the business (Keith), is in the shop every day getting dirty working on cars just like the rest of us. To me, this means a lot. Anyway, so far so good. Thanks for all of the kind emails and phone calls this week... I needed them.:wave:

Bruce,

Very happy to hear all is well in your world. I'm sure the new place will appreciate you more and more as time goes on.

Floyd (BB)

Great to hear you have been busy. That helps the day go by faster, instead of standing around waiting for something to do. I'm sure you will enjoy this shop--it sounds like where you need to be. They are sure to appreciate your expertise!!

Well, I survived the first week of the new job. It was a very busy week and very tiring. There is plenty of work and plenty to do. The shop and their way of doing things has gotten more familiar to me with each passing day. It is a nice group of people to work with...so far.:) They have made sure I have gotten all of the Cadillacs and most of the GM products to work on. This has been very helpful. The owner of the business (Keith), is in the shop every day getting dirty working on cars just like the rest of us. To me, this means a lot. Anyway, so far so good. Thanks for all of the kind emails and phone calls this week... I needed them.:wave:

Hey Bruce sounds like you will be an asset to there team and thats great to hear. Enjoy these holidays and Ingrid and I really like the card. Ingrid loved the Vette they are all just so awsome to look at. :cool:

Fred and Ingrid:wave::wave::wave::wave:

I'm glad to hear your week went well. I'm not surprised that you were tired - you probably haven't worked that much for a long time!

You are correct, it was nonstop this week from 7am -5pm. I did 2 sets of spark plug wires this week ('04 Grand Prix & '01 Venture van), I haven't done a set of plug wires in years.:lol:

So Bruce... haven't heard how the new place is treating you. You must be enjoying it, huh??

So Bruce... haven't heard how the new place is treating you. You must be enjoying it, huh??

The new job is going well, I'm staying very busy. This is my 10th week and it feels normal now. Every day brings something new to learn, which can be taxing. Last week I got to do my first GM transmission rebuild @ the new location, it was a lot of fun. It sure was nice to get to break in the new transmission special tools that we had purchased a couple of months ago.
Thanks to all of you for your support and well wishes.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back