Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Going broke

Thanks guys for all of your support through this process. It is nice to know that people care. Our friend Larry (Cool Blue) has already called and scheduled in his Cadillac for me to work on. It will be nice to see familiar faces and cars.

Final week

Just 5 more days. I hope to move the tools next Saturday. A flatbed wrecker will be moving my toolbox. Then I have to get everything else moved in & set up. I have been trying to purchase some of the specialty tools that I will be needing in the future.

Moving Day

Well, this is it, last day.:wave: It was a little sad making the final drive in today. We should get the tool box and all the junk moved today. That should be fun.

Well, this is it, last day.:wave: It was a little sad making the final drive in today. We should get the tool box and all the junk moved today. That should be fun.
Good luck moving everything today. Have a good last day. Thinking of you.

Sad for ya but I feel this will be a great new start and maybe you will be more appreciated. Small companies seem to be more considerate of their employees. Best of luck to you Bruce! :wave:

Bruce all the best with your new job. We will be thinking of you today I know this will be a hard day after all the years there but we will say a prayer that this works out well and you are very happy and content and make gobs of bucks.:D

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave:

There's got to be a silver-lining. And it's good that your a little melancholy - better to be leaving a place you liked than being released from a place you hated.

New beginnings, Bruce. Your new employer will be so impressed with you, your knowledge and your people skills that soon we'll be hearing the word "associate" :)

Luck and xxoo

Bruce,

We wish you all the best at your new location. I'm sure they will be very impressed with your knowledge. A good move for you and your new company.

All the best!

Floyd & Maryann

I just returned from Lockhart Cadillac. I was there to document the departure. It was sad to leave behind all of the people, but in the end, this change will be good.
Bruce just called me...everything is unloaded at the new facility and he will spend a little time getting things settled in.

Thanks to everyone for all of the warm wishes!

Kathy

Bruce's departure from Lockhart Cadillac

I'm sure Kathy will have some great shots for you, but here are a few to hold you over:

Bruce's arrival at Miller Auto Care

WELCOME BRUCE!

Whoa - that's like moving Marion's closet ... :lol:

No kidding, if that thing is full of tools, I bet every guy reading this is :drool: .

Looks like a great place - are those doors separate bays? How big is this new garage? How many other techs are there?

Good luck - and glad Kathy took the pictures for us .... kind of let's us move with you! :rocker:

PS
What's that white stuff on the ground?? :squint:

Holy crap. Looks like you have the biggest tool box there Bruce. WOW that is big. :worship: Welcome to your new home. Thanks for posting pics I was wondering how it was going to get moved.

I'm glad that is over

As you can see from George's pictures (Thanks George), we got everything moved today. It was a little stressful just loading and unloading the tool box, but it went well. I still can't believe how much junk was moved. I still have a lot to do, but it is a start. It was odd leaving my tool box somewhere new.
My new cradle lift was there waiting on me (I had it drop shipped there on Tuesday), it is beautiful, Thanks Photo Mom.:D

Thanks for all of the kind words, it has meant a lot.:)

The new shop has 12 bays and 7 other techs. The best part is, they don't like working on Cadillacs. That was music to my ears.:D I even helped one tech with a blower motor problem on a '96 STS.

As you can see from George's pictures (Thanks George), we got everything moved today. It was a little stressful just loading and unloading the tool box, but it went well. I still can't believe how much junk was moved. I still have a lot to do, but it is a start. It was odd leaving my tool box somewhere new.
My new cradle lift was there waiting on me (I had it drop shipped there on Tuesday), it is beautiful, Thanks Photo Mom.:D

Thanks for all of the kind words, it has meant a lot.:)

The new shop has 12 bays and 7 other techs. The best part is, they don't like working on Cadillacs. That was music to my ears.:D I even helped one tech with a blower motor problem on a '96 STS.
See told you that you would be an asset to your new shop. I'm so happy for you that you have made this move. :D

Whoa - that's like moving Marion's closet ... :lol:

No kidding, if that thing is full of tools, I bet every guy reading this is :drool: .

Looks like a great place - are those doors separate bays? How big is this new garage? How many other techs are there?

Good luck - and glad Kathy took the pictures for us .... kind of let's us move with you! :rocker:

PS
What's that white stuff on the ground?? :squint:

Yes, it is full, and then some. I did take my shop manuals out of each side locker to reduce the weight. The box empty, weighs over 3,000 lbs.

That white stuff is what we like to call "snow"

Yes, it is full, and then some. I did take my shop manuals out of each side locker to reduce the weight. The box empty, weighs over 3,000 lbs.

That white stuff is what we like to call "snow"
I like to call it a pain in my a**. :squint:

I like to call it a pain in my a**. :squint:

You are very funny. :laugh:

It is raining here. Neither my daughter or I could find our umbrellas. It was in the coat I bought to wear to D.C. - this is 3 rains in 1 month, I think it is going to be an El Nino year. We can really use it.

Wow, Bruce, that is a pretty big garage ......... you will soon they will be referring to you as the Cadillac Tech. Word will get around that you have moved and you will be the most popular tech in the garage ... you wait and see.

Well all my questions have been answered; how heavy the box is (very nice tool box), what the new & old shops look like, what you look like, and what was that white stuff on the ground. :blinzel:
Again, success & best wishes at the new shop, it is much larger than I imagined for an independent shop.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back