San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
From the professor:
This will be a "Blue Bunny" Southwest Regional XLR Rendezvous III (it's my 3rd personal event - Savannah Run, Saint Augustine Run and now San Antonio Run) at San Antonio, Texas. This will be held at the River Walk in downtown San Antonio, Texas not far from the Alamo!
.....The event in San Antonio will run May 20-24, 2009. We are giving it an extra day to allow for travel time. We believe this event will attract members from both the East and the West. We expect some to go to both events. It may indeed become a large "Blue Bunny" event. We will try to duplicate as much as possible what we do in Saint Augustine to the San Antonio event. This will include a special ceremony on the second day for "future" Blue Bunnies!
.....I have more ideas but I want to check out the hotels in St. Augustine before I let you know my thinking for San Antonio.
.....This will be fun!

Wow .... okay .... and here we have it!

The Professor will fill in all of the blanks ....

Meanwhile, here is the list of attendees .... so far -

1. Henry & Pat Bauley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA
3. Bobby Blackman - Standby --- Alesio Viejo, CA
4. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
5. JP & Joanne Laplonde - SilverX and his wife --- Las Vegas, NV
6. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL
7. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, ID
8. Robert - First Robin
9. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ
10. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
11. Marc & Kris Toffolo. - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
12. Bruce and Tracy - b-Pappy and wife --- CA
13. Stephen Pennington - Windrestrictor --- TX
14. Jim & Adelle - Rufcar & wife - PA
15. Cathy & Dave - Quinn & husband
16. Pam - Dallasdoll
17. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw & wife --- Gastonia, NC
18. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
19. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
20. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
21. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC
22. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE

'Hope to see more names soon, and, hey .... maybe our new moderator will make plans to attend too :rocker:

Anything from the "Professor" yet as to the hotels in SA?

RA,,,,, I think you can count the wifey and me in.

Chad

Anything from the "Professor" yet as to the hotels in SA?

RA,,,,, I think you can count the wifey and me in.

Chad
I found this @ the other site;

I am in Texas
My trip to San Antonio got delayed. My future son-in-law got us tickets to the Tampa Bay Ray's playoff game. I couldn't miss that. Go Rays!
I'll be visiting clients in New Mexico and then come back to San Antonio. Should be less than a week. I'll get hotel info and pictures at that time.
Talk to you in less than a week.
Henry

Thanks Bruce, I wonder why he posted over there. We is all over here:patriot:
I found this @ the other site;

I am in Texas
My trip to San Antonio got delayed. My future son-in-law got us tickets to the Tampa Bay Ray's playoff game. I couldn't miss that. Go Rays!
I'll be visiting clients in New Mexico and then come back to San Antonio. Should be less than a week. I'll get hotel info and pictures at that time.
Talk to you in less than a week.
Henry

There! You're on the list above!
How far is it from NE to San Antonio??

Did some Google maps searches. SA is about 900 miles from Lincoln, NE, 14 hours drive time :eek:. I don't like that! So the wife and I are thinking about splitting it into a two day drive. We'll stay one night in Norman, OK, That is halve way according to Goggle, so I'll only be driving two 7 hour days which I don't mind. Also Norman has a Embassy Suites hotel, that's what we like!
Chad

We are going to come in a day early (got to go find some welcome wine!):blinzel: .... I think we too, will make it into a 2 day trip over .... you are right, those 14 hour drive days are grueling ....

Did some Google maps searches. SA is about 900 miles from Lincoln, NE, 14 hours drive time :eek:. I don't like that! So the wife and I are thinking about splitting it into a two day drive. We'll stay one night in Norman, OK, That is halve way according to Goggle, so I'll only be driving two 7 hour days which I don't mind. Also Norman has a Embassy Suites hotel, that's what we like!
Chad

Chad,
As a member of the Midwest 100MPH Club; 900 miles is only a nine hour drive:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know, Rogene won't let you do that again. Glad to see you two are making the trip. We have a few Midwesterners talking about a caravan and we will probably make it a two day trip as well. This looks like it will be the premier XLR event of 2009:beerchug::beerchug::drink:

Chad,
As a member of the Midwest 100MPH Club; 900 miles is only a nine hour drive:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know, Rogene won't let you do that again. Glad to see you two are making the trip. We have a few Midwesterners talking about a caravan and we will probably make it a two day trip as well. This looks like it will be the premier XLR event of 2009:beerchug::beerchug::drink:
In order for this to be a premier XLR event does there need to be a poll done :dunno:just wondering. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If Cubby leads the caravan, we may get there in 1 day......or less! :laugh:
I just hope the beer trucks can keep up!

Kathy

If Cubby leads the caravan, we may get there in 1 day......or less! :laugh:
I just hope the beer trucks can keep up!

Kathy
Cubby could get us there in a day. The only reason he would slow down would be for the beer truck. Do we really want Cubby leading a car van? Let's not forget RII. :cool:

Cubby leading coming west and Standby leading coming east, Where is the beer truck again.:dunno:
Cubby could get us there in a day. The only reason he would slow down would be for the beer truck. Do we really want Cubby leading a car van? Let's not forget RII. :cool:

Do we really want Cubby leading a car van? Let's not forget RII. :cool:

As I remember it,,,,,, Little Women wasn't their during RII...... Poor Kevin :( She's not going to let you (our us) forget that one is she!!! Does she use this on you (us) often? We're in trouble!!!! :laugh:

Yes sir re Bob, I'll take the lead out I-8. What the heck, I'm do for another ticket anyway.
Here is the new Kitty. Leave it to Rob to let us get an animation to go with our signature.......Thanks Rob Go to wifes club so I don't hijack this thread with the cat story.
We are going to come in a day early (got to go find some welcome wine!):blinzel: .... I think we too, will make it into a 2 day trip over .... you are right, those 14 hour drive days are grueling ....

Yes sir re Bob, I'll take the lead out I-8. What the heck, I'm do for another ticket anyway.
Here is the new Kitty. Leave it to Rob to let us get an animation to go with our signature.......Thanks Rob Go to wifes club so I don't hijack this thread with the cat story.

Bobo,

We must think alike. I only speed to keep our officers on their toes and keep them alert:laugh::laugh::laugh: I don't want them falling asleep on the side of the road, they could get hurt!!

As I remember it,,,,,, Little Women wasn't their during RII...... Poor Kevin :( She's not going to let you (our us) forget that one is she!!! Does she use this on you (us) often? We're in trouble!!!! :laugh:

It wouldn't be any fun if I let him(or us) forget. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back