Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

I think Henry and Jetboy are there NOW checking out the hotels .... we should hear very soon ... we are waiting too! I have looked at the hotel link you provided .... lots of choices for sure ... it would be nice if the gas prices stayed down until May .... hmmm, but probably not :squint:

It seems like R3 was a lonnnnnng time ago ... it will be so good to get together again and :party!! Me and Marion will be waiting with the welcoming beverage!

I second that Madam RA. :partyCan not wait till May.

You did a good job (a GREAT job!) welcoming me to BGIII with a beverage, RA! I'm looking forward to teh same thing in SA!!
Aww, thank you Richie .... the pleasure was all mine .... You cannot imagine how I felt when I saw those cars turn into the driveway of the hotel .... I had been waiting all day .... I felt like a kid on Christmas morning .. it was a wonderful sight! :love::love::love:

We have a hotel, Professor should be posting soon with details, link and code for the special rate.

Bob, I actually almost did Hooters Monday night but then I saw Tony Roma's across the river and had to have some ribs. Henry and I have scoped out a few spots for you. Waitresses seemed really friendly. :D

Just got on the hotel's site to make sure we got a good rate. Henry negotiated a rate $50 under their current best rate for that date so I will wait until he posts the code to make my reservations. He also negotiated for 3 days in advance and 3 days after in case anyone wants to make a longer stay.

Some of the hotels were already fully booked during the second 2 weeks of May so when Henry posts the link and code you will want to book early. Also post you have booked in case he needs to up our commitment of blocked rooms.

I'll try downloading the pictures we took when I get closer to home!

Just got on the hotel's site to make sure we got a good rate. Henry negotiated a rate $50 under their current best rate for that date so I will wait until he posts the code to make my reservations. He also negotiated for 3 days in advance and 3 days after in case anyone wants to make a longer stay.

Some of the hotels were already fully booked during the second 2 weeks of May so when Henry posts the link and code you will want to book early. Also post you have booked in case he needs to up our commitment of blocked rooms.

Yes, finally made it to San Antonio. We got a good deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, even less than in Savannah and St. Augustine. $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009, otherwise it would cost a lot more as Kent stated above. Took many pictures. Will download soon. The hotel is real nice with several restaurants and lounges. You will like this place. The Riverwalk is very exciting. Pictures soon!
professor and jetboyphx:party

Thanks guys for all of the hard work. We will need to get our rooms ASAP. Great Rate on the rooms!!

Bruce:wave:

Must not have the code in yet. I tries and it gave the "other" prices. I'll try later today, or, may have to just call. Hotel looks get!

PS: can we get a special price for parking to?

Hi .... I tried too .... no luck yet. It looks like a really nice place :) ...

Comfy beds, Kent???

I'd stay in a Motel 8 to see you all again ... :love:

Midwest members for caravan to San Antonio

OK all the Midwest members looking to go to San Antonio and want to hook up for a caravan there, please email or PM me so we can start planning the who, what, when, where and how. Wait we don't need the how-it's with our X's:chuckle:chuckle

Anyway get a hold of me and we'll start planning our route and stop over. We'll also need to discuss day to leave and return home. I have most everyone's email who has traveled with us before, but this is an invitation to all Midwest members interested--We always have a blast where ever we go!!!

Would you be evenutally hooking up with the FL group as well?

Holy smoke .... ! :willy_nilly: What a sight that would be rolling in ...!

Would you be evenutally hooking up with the FL group as well?

Holy smoke .... ! :willy_nilly: What a sight that would be rolling in ...!

We are up for anything but I don't believe they would come far enough north to meet up with us. I would think they would go acroos the Fla. panhandle.

We are up for anything but I don't believe they would come far enough north to meet up with us. I would think they would go acroos the Fla. panhandle.

Cubby is correct, Florida people would be hugging the Gulf just about all the way.

Floyd (BB)

Are there any new names to add to the list? Any new friends going to join us for the :party:beerchug:? Here is Madam RA lists she started.
1. Henry & Pat Bauley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA
3. Bobby Blackman - Standby --- Alesio Viejo, CA
4. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
5. JP & Joanne Laplonde - SilverX and his wife --- Las Vegas, NV
6. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnais, IL
7. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, ID
8. Robert - First Robin
9. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ
10. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
11. Marc & Kris Toffolo. - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
12. Bruce and Tracy - b-Pappy and wife --- CA
13. Stephen Pennington - Windrestrictor --- TX
14. Jim & Adelle - Rufcar & wife - PA
15. Cathy & Dave - Quinn & husband
16. Pam - Dallasdoll
17. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw & wife --- Gastonia, NC
18. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
19. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
20. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
21. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC
22. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE

Got my room booked now. It's up and running and taking reservations. I guess we'll see ya'all down there in May.

Chad

Cubby, we have a few options for our route to SA, and we could even take a different route home.
Our Indy group could meet the IL/WI group @ I-70 & I-57. Take I-57 to I-55, I-55 to I-40, I-40 to I-30, I-30 to I-35 & I-35 to SA.

We could leave SA taking I-10E to I-55N to I-57 and then home.

Route to SA

Cubby, we have a few options for our route to SA, and we could even take a different route home.
Our Indy group could meet the IL/WI group @ I-70 & I-57. Take I-57 to I-55, I-55 to I-40, I-40 to I-30, I-30 to I-35 & I-35 to SA.

We could leave SA taking I-10E to I-55N to I-57 and then home.

You all could also come out to Colorado (God's Country) and then head south if you want to make it a real vacation. I think another couple from Colorado Springs is planning to go. Food for thought Maybe the Nebraska folks could come this way also.:dunno: First Robin:patriot:

Okay .... we're IN!
Made the reservations!​

Now I'll just start counting down the days!​

:grouphug::party:party:party:grouphug:

Okay .... we're IN!

Made the reservations!​

Now I'll just start counting down the days!​

:grouphug::party:party:party:grouphug:
I just tried and was told to call between 9 to 5 tomorrow. International couldn't break through the block, showed nothing available for Saturday night and the reservation office at the hotel is closed until tomorrow. For sure I will call them in the morning. I want to :party:party:partyalso. First Robin:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom