Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

Distance: 19.29 mi Time: 30 mins
Start at 3689 W LAKE PARADISE RD, MATTOON going toward N COUNTY ROAD 150E - go 1.3 mi
Bear Left on N COUNTY ROAD 150E - go 2.0 mi
Continue on N COUNTY ROAD 050E - go 0.3 mi
Continue on N COUNTY ROAD 100E - go 0.9 mi
Continue on CR-100 E - go 0.2 mi
Continue on CR-18 - go 3.5 mi
Turn Left on CR-1 - go 0.1 mi
Turn Right on US-45 - go 10.9 mi
Turn Left on E 1800TH AVE
Arrive at 39.171740,-88.521362, on the Left

I'm Registered

I am registered and hotel is booked including Thursday night. I also registered for the Thursday Night Fun Run. Anyone else registered for that?

We actually have a 1967 small block 4-spd Corvette Convertible. If our plans to go to Florida the 2 weeks leading into BOBFEST fall thru and are therfore coming to Illlinois from our home in Ontario we may just bring that car too! It would be a blast to be there with the car but not hang out with the Corvette-Weenies :chuckle (did I say that out-loud?) We have owned that car for nearly 20 years, did a full restoration on it but have never fit in with that group! The C-W's are so anal :bash: about doing anything other than total stock. (we actually restored the car 'nearly stock' just did a certain amount of stainless: bolts, exhaust gas & brake lines etc) Those jokers look down on anyone who prefers to drive Your car the way you want it, they make me kind of want to hurl :pukeface:.

Anyway, having spouted all of that, and having never met any of this XLR Net group we are hoping that you are all just a bunch of great car people that appreciate all cars (even though we know in our hearts that our XLR are virtually the COOLEST car anywhere) :worship:

From what I can tell from this forum you all seem to be our kind of people! :wave:

Sandy, it will be great having you guys & your cool toys @ MAM Funfest/BobFest '11. The real fun is @ BobFest. You'll have a Blast! This is a great group of people who enjoy cars & having fun together.:rocker:

????

Start at 3689 W LAKE PARADISE RD, MATTOON going toward N COUNTY ROAD 150E - go 1.3 mi

Is this a map to burried treasure or ????

I have driven with y'all before .... the distance is probably correct, but I have a feeling the time is off by about >10min :laugh:

I have driven with y'all before .... the distance is probably correct, but I have a feeling the time is off by about >10min :laugh:

true-dat.gif

It all depends on who is leading the group!!:lol::lol: I only found out last year, that my V has brake lights.:dunno::dunno:

It all depends on who is leading the group!!:lol::lol: I only found out last year, that my V has brake lights.:dunno::dunno:

Uh ... I was thinking .... uh.... YOU .... haha ... I think we replaced our brakes after our trip to TX ... :D

It will be a fun event .... that's for sure!

I have a meeting scheduled with MAM next Friday (Aug 5). We will be going over the needs of the group. Any special requests? Last year we were at a dozen cars. This year? How much space do we need? 15 cars?

I'll request the air conditioned tent and full catering with an open bar. HAHAHA

On another note, I have yet to secure another block of hotel rooms. Still working on it.

Bob

I have a meeting scheduled with MAM next Friday (Aug 5). We will be going over the needs of the group. Any special requests? Last year we were at a dozen cars. This year? How much space do we need? 15 cars?

I'll request the air conditioned tent and full catering with an open bar. HAHAHA

On another note, I have yet to secure another block of hotel rooms. Still working on it.

Bob

Bob, THANKS for all of your hard work...Paula too.:wave:

For anyone that has not yet attended BobFest, you don't want to miss it!!! Bob & Paula work so hard to make sure everyone has a BLAST. Awesome friends & great food = BobFest (there will be cars too)

And Fireworks!!! Perhaps a cannon shot as well:lol::lol:

Bob, THANKS for all of your hard work...Paula too.:wave:

For anyone that has not yet attended BobFest, you don't want to miss it!!! Bob & Paula work so hard to make sure everyone has a BLAST. Awesome friends & great food = BobFest (there will be cars too)

Reservations made at the Alamo for 730PM on the 16th. We have the entire upstairs. They can seat 40 up there.

Bob

Reservations made at the Alamo for 730PM on the 16th. We have the entire upstairs. They can seat 40 up there.

Bob

That's great, Bob. It was a great time last year at the Alamo. Excellent food and it was great having the entire upstairs to ourselves (but I'm sure the sound carried throughout the restaurant :chuckle).

Can't wait - I'm hoping for more XLR's than last year even. Lets shoot for at least 20 XLR's! I know you have plenty of room on your front lawn parking. :lol:

We have been able to reserve an additional 6 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express. 217-235-2060. If these fill up, Comfort Suites has rooms available. Because of the "special event" they will not reserve a block.

I would urge you to reserve your room asap.

Bob

We have the band booked. Yes he does KARAOKE!!!!! Marion, Kris, start practicing!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom