Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Made it home safely yesterday afternoon then this happens in our driveway. Wendy’s car smashes into Roxy..... I can not tell a lie, but I promised I can’t tell the whole story as to what really happened at this time, but it was NOT Wendy driving! At least no one was hurt... an car damage was mostly passengers side on Roxy. After my complete inspection the left light and fog light does not seem to be damaged in anyway at all and they both light up! ....... that was a blessing alone right there, since they are very hard to replace, as for the bumper and passenger fender not so good. Plan on having the whole car painted if it don’t match perfectly to my satisfaction. I was upset but kept my cool as we all know $HIT HAPPENS!!!!
07cc290040716e2c3c3e18838299804a.jpg
e8aa333e17ed72fc68eee055d3a2ecf5.jpg
597db87c86d203c494191d96b0be0d2e.jpg
be0bb56c4f8237bf7a45706cf63b3280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, you are the man because someone would be DEAD if that happened to my car! You’re truly lucky there was no headlight involvement. Better still, standard duct tape color is silver so it will match! ;)

Wow, so sad but at least no one was hurt. Poor Roxy. Hope they can find the parts quickly and get her back on the road before spring. Meanwhile, you can duct tape it and drive it! :gap:

Ha Ha Ha Sandy..... but I actually thought about that, we did get it all back up in place for travel to the car repair. Wendy just said, go buy a front end Bra to cover it up..... not a bad idea to take Roxy
96020761a38042769f98e4bd2c4913da.jpg
to Ocean City Car Show this weekend! [emoji23]Here’s the real funny thing we just ordered some large OUCH Band Aids DECAL STICKERS to place over damaged areas for the Ocean City Car Show this , it’s paid for so we are still going regardless!

Ha Ha Ha Sandy..... but I actually thought about that, we did get it all back up in place for travel to the car repair. Wendy just said, go buy a front end Bra to cover it up..... not a bad idea to take Roxy
96020761a38042769f98e4bd2c4913da.jpg
to Ocean City Car Show this weekend! [emoji23]Here’s the real funny thing we just ordered some large OUCH Band Aids DECAL STICKERS to place over damaged areas for the Ocean City Car Show this , it’s paid for so we are still going regardless!

[emoji23]. Oh that’s right I forgot you said you were registered for the car show. Yep the ouch bandage is kinda a good halloween practical joke

Great to finally meet you!

Well I said my thank you to most of the gang today at the restaurant. But for everyone else that either had to leave or didn’t attend. This was a great event. I just hope I can make it again to the next one and I just hope that I still have my xlr. Was great to put faces with these great car ppl finally. I have several great memories and will bring back ideas that Amy, Dan and some others have shown me. So now I just have to put these ideas in place.
Again thank you all for a great 15 year reunion

Hi Hawkeye, :wave:

Part of what made this so special for us in addition to having a really great time, and seeing all the beautiful XLR's, was meeting everyone. Great and special people, like yourself. Please extend our best wishes to your Mom.
God Bless, Charles and Shirley

Dan, you are the man because someone would be DEAD if that happened to my car! You’re truly lucky there was no headlight involvement. Better still, standard duct tape color is silver so it will match! ;)

Here you go Amy.... the duct tape will have to do for now, I patch it up and cleaned off all black, don’t look half bad [emoji23]
If all the parts come in.... they plan on starting repairs nextWednesday!
After
2ede5758aed0ed623997a8b78f7b80ff.jpg

Before
4c7c0657c25ef8583c2760809e92736a.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing Talent : )

We passed out about half of the shirts and Hats last night. I will bring the remainding ones to the NCM tour Friday, so see me if you don't have yours yet. Beth and I have a wedding to attend in Indianapolis, so we won't be attending the car show Saturday. Any shirts/hats that aren't claimed, I will leave with Chad for Pickup. If you aren't going to make it to BG, please PM me before Saturday

i have about 8 extra Hats left for anyone who is interested. $10 each. :wave:
Tim Powers

Hi Tim,

It was so nice meeting you and your charming wife at this get together. Her embroidery talents are truly amazing! Shirley bought one of the hats at the car show event, for me! Cool ;) Love it! It always amazes me the talents and abilities that God gives to different people.

God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Glad to see your problem cleared on the way home Charles. It was great meeting you and Shirley! What a great trip and great group! Will be watching out for the next trip.

Hi All,

What an absolute BLAST this was! :) Chad, KUDOS! You did a GREAT JOB! ;) --- We rolled in at 5:00 P.M. today Mountain Time, Monday October 1st. Nice weather all the way, and no snow until next week according to the forecast. Left Sunday A.M. early and stayed overnight in Kansas City Kansas last night (Sept 30th). After filling Goldie with non ethanol gas several times, the check engine light finally went off in KC. As you are aware, it was running way too lean. The Techs that checked it out in Bowling Green said that I had exacerbated the 10% Ethanol alcohol content by running too much fuel injection cleaner. Oops. :rolleyes: Anyhow, no harm apparently done, and no detonation during the lean run period of time. So all is OK.

So nice to meet everyone in person and be able to put names and faces with the on-line user names! Great time and good friends is what it's all about. Thanks for including us.

God Bless, Charles and Shirley

Glad to see your problem cleared on the way home Charles. It was great meeting you and Shirley! What a great trip and great group! Will be watching out for the next trip.

Yes, totally a BLAST! Great meeting you guys also! Love your ZO6! Nice nice car. Still think a get together cruise through The Upper Peninsula and Mackinac would be fun. Yeah, putting as much injection cleaner in Goldie as I did wasn't the best idea I have ever had. As in, 'Duh'. :rolleyes:
God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Hi Tim,

It was so nice meeting you and your charming wife at this get together. Her embroidery talents are truly amazing! Shirley bought one of the hats at the car show event, for me! Cool ;) Love it! It always amazes me the talents and abilities that God gives to different people.

God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Yes at first I really didn’t want the hat but someone said you all had to leave early. So someone said that there were a couple extras. I was able to grab one at the show since I left my other larger wide brim hat at the hotel room. So thank you again. It was great meeting everyone in person and I also got some ideas of add ins that I will be doing for future car events.

Here you go Amy.... the duct tape will have to do for now, I patch it up and cleaned off all black, don’t look half bad [emoji23]
If all the parts come in.... they plan on starting repairs nextWednesday!
After
2ede5758aed0ed623997a8b78f7b80ff.jpg

Before
4c7c0657c25ef8583c2760809e92736a.jpg

Hey, you need some Zaino on that! Then it’ll be ready for the car show! :laugh::laugh:

Hi Doug and Kathleen : )

Well it’s back to the real world in the morning :rolleyes: Had a terrific time: the activities, the restaurants, but especially the people! This was our first gathering and loved it. Thank you Chad & Rogene for setting this in motion. You did a great job. Hope we see all our new friends again some day soon.
Doug & Kathleen

Great meeting you two! :wave: What a fun time. Glad you made it back to Dallas OK. Sometime, maybe next summer (?) 'IF' it gets to warm in Dallas for you, maybe you'd want to escape the heat by coming here to The Colorado Springs Area? We'd love to see you.
God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Colorado trip

Great meeting you two! :wave: What a fun time. Glad you made it back to Dallas OK. Sometime, maybe next summer (?) 'IF' it gets to warm in Dallas for you, maybe you'd want to escape the heat by coming here to The Colorado Springs Area? We'd love to see you.
God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Thanks for the kind words, Chuck! We really had fun and enjoyed meeting you and Shirley.
Funny you should mention a trip to CO. I've been champing at the bit for a while now to take Red to Colorado and do some mountain driving. The road between Silverton and Durango is calling me...… I'm working on Kathleen. Maybe some time next spring. If we go, we'll make it a point to swing by and say 'Hello!'

The road between Silverton and Durango is calling me.

That is quite the road to drive!!!!! Rogene was very nervous when we were driving that road!

Hmm? Maybe a Fast Road Course on this one? Maybe not? : )

Thanks for the kind words, Chuck! We really had fun and enjoyed meeting you and Shirley.
Funny you should mention a trip to CO. I've been champing at the bit for a while now to take Red to Colorado and do some mountain driving. The road between Silverton and Durango is calling me...… I'm working on Kathleen. Maybe some time next spring. If we go, we'll make it a point to swing by and say 'Hello!'

Check this one out near Ouray Colorado. No guard rails often, and some areas one lane where you have to sound your horn before entering a curve, and drop offs almost straight down up to + 1,000 feet.

colorado-silverton-and-ouray-million-dollar-highway-picture-id528823231

Lean-Into-the-Curve-1-683x1024.jpg

red_mtn_pass.jpg

It would work for you too Chad! Might want to keep it in mind ... “just sayin’”

Yea!! I know...... But do you know that they now have colored duct tape!!:thumbsup And in red and black!!! :laugh::lol:

Great seeing old friends

It's hard to believe it's been a week already. It was GREAT seeing some of our old XLR friends in BG. I wish we could have spent more time with you guys but we sure had fun on Saturday...just like old times! They sure are beautiful cars. :wave:<strike></strike>

It's hard to believe it's been a week already. It was GREAT seeing some of our old XLR friends in BG. I wish we could have spent more time with you guys but we sure had fun on Saturday...just like old times! They sure are beautiful cars. :wave:<strike></strike>

Bruce, it was great seeing you, Kathy & Jeanie for whatever time we could get! Very good times, hope we can all catch up again soon.

Mike & Amy

Wendy and I was sure glad you made it, even if it was only Saturday! It was great to see there with all of us[emoji1303]

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back