Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! BG XLR Homecoming information Sept 26-29 '13

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
OK, I made a few phone calls & I got the hotel matter handled.

Hilton Garden Inn, Bowling Green, KY
270 781 6778
$93.00 a night Sept. 25 checking out on Sept. 29. This rate is for rooms with 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds. There are 40 rooms blocked, 30 King beds & 10 with 2 Queen beds. The rooms are blocked for the Vettes & Pets Car show put on by The Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club.
When you call the hotel, let them know you are with the Vettes & Pets Car show. I recommend you call to book you room.

Now that we know the dates that we will be in Bowling Green, KY, we can start planning the visit. Here's what I have so far;

Thursday, travel day. Meet & Greet @ host hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green. Welcome dinner @ one of the resturants near the hotel.

Friday, NCM visit. ** We have some very cool stuff in the works so we'll leave most of the day open @ this time. Dinner Drive, maybe Barren River Lake State Park (great photos @ lake) or WahBahs.

Saturday, BGACC Vettes & Pets Car show @ the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. This will be a great time to get pictures of you & your XLR (s) @ the plant & meet some of the people who built the XLR. Dinner Drive after the show.

Sunday, farewell breakfast, travel day.

I will add more later.:wave:

Attendee list

Chicago Dave & Devin
Victor-V & XLRATING
sschooley
05 GRAND DADDY XLR CADDY & Wendy
Cubby & Supa
Patrickv2221
Phrede
graytoad & Steve
Popbigguy & Rogene
BobW & Gayle
GizmoQ & PJ
Crimson Pearl & Alexis
Tiffany's Dad & Missy Bling
HOMEGAMEROOM
Misty & Sequin
Vinman & Lori
SrChief & Jean
Whit & Coyote Karen
onalaska & Diane
civilone & Tina
GM GEM
silverstreak & Sharon
Jack & Lynda Parker
ald42 & Judy
Maurice & Linda Tipton
unionrunner & coach
Harrisburg Hat

Update

The BGACC will have an XLR class @ the show that will be judged by former XLR workers from the plant. Dave is also planning to lead a country drive & dinner on either Friday or Saturday for you guys that are interested. They are going to check with the local Cadillac dealer about an XLR visit while you all are in town. More info later & I will let you know when registration opens for the show.

Nametags

For those on the attendance list for this event, please PM or email me (cubby558@me.com) with the following information, so I can make name tags for everyone. I know a lot of the people listed, but can't remember everyone's information off the top of my head. I will not post this information on the site. If everyone wants a copy, provide your email address and I'll send it to you.

Name: First & Last and traveling companion/spouse etc.
Forum Name:
City, State:
Year, Color of your XLR:
Base, V, Platinum Edition or Special Edition:

Optional Cell Number: (for contact you at the event if needed) This will not go on the name tags.

Once I get in idea of what the badges will look like, I'll post a pic of them.

XLR Homecoming Thursday night dinner

Thursday Night Meet & Greet Dinner, Sept. 26th 6:30/7:00PM at Montana Grille, 1740 Scottsville Rd.

I have contacted and secured a meeting/dinner room at Montana Grille, which is within walking distance of the three area hotels everyone is staying (It is actually just across the parking lot from the Courtyard Marriott). John at Montana Grille is very excited to be hosting our 'Cadillac XLR Group'!! I told him most would arrive between 6:30-7:00PM, but anyone later than that, is still welcome and they will be able to accommodate us. They have a very extensive menu, that should have something for everyone's tastes. They also have a full bar service and a casual atmosphere. You can check out the menu offering and the reviews of the restaurant at the links below.

Restaurant:
Welcome to Montana Grille | Bowling Green's Premiere Restaurant | Montana Grille

Review:
Montana Grille - Bowling Green, KY

I currently have the following listed for the Thursday dinner/greeting:

Ken & Alexis
Cubby & Supa
Marc & Kris
Jack & Lynda
Mike & Amy
Sandy & Steve
Dan & Wendy
Don & Jean
Patrick & Janet
Bob & Gayle
Maurice & Linda
Chad & Rogene
Al & Judy
Rich (Homegrown)
Kathy (Photo Girl)
Steven & Diane
Harrisburg Hat & Dawn
unionrunner & Coach
sschooley

If you are not listed and want to be included, send me a PM or email me @ cubby558@me.com
Please don't post to this thread, as we'd like to keep it uncluttered for the information of the event.

Assembly plant tours Friday Sept 27

There will be plant tours on Friday Sept 27 @ 8:30 & 9:00 am. Limited to 100 people. $20 per person. Go to the link below & purchase a ticket through PayPal (1 ticket @ a time). You don't want to miss this!!!

Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club - Home

Here is a little bit of the schedule;

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., 100 person limit. Group lunch TBA. 3:30 pm, National Corvette Museum tours. Group dinner TBA.

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Group dinner TBA.

Sunday Sept. 29; Farewell breakfast. Depart for home.

schedule

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., 100 person limit. Group lunch TBA. 3:30 pm, National Corvette Museum tours. Group dinner TBA.

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Group dinner TBA.

Thanks Bruce :cool:

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm. Members of BGACC will be joining the group

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., (arrive @ 8:15 or 8:45 for your tour) 100 person limit (
SOLD OUT). Both tours should be finished around 11:30 am.
Lunch on your own in Bowling Green.
3:00 pm arrive @ NCM for 3:30 tours
5:30 pm depart from NCM for drive & dinner @ Barren River Lake State Park

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
5:30/6:00 pm depart from Hilton Garden Inn for group dinner @ Wahbahs steakhouse

Schedule updated. Everyone is welcome to join in on as much or as little as they like.:wave:

Bruce & I spoke last night about adding a drive to the schedule. Because Friday & Saturday are pretty much 'loaded', my thought was a Sunday morning drive after breakfast. I've mapped out about a 2 hour drive, which will go through Mammoth Cave National Park. If there is enough interest we will add this. If the 2 hours seems like too much, I can also shorten it.

I'll start a new thread in the homecoming link where you can post your interest.

The dash plaques arrived yesterday...they look GREAT! Bob & Gayle Walker were kind enough to pay for the XLR event dash plaques. I hope you all like them. :wave:

BGACC car show dash plaque

I had a dash plaque made for the car show on Saturday. They are a gift from the XLR group to the BGACC for being such great hosts.

Attachments

• BGACC plaque.jpg
    BGACC plaque.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 323
Friday, Sept. 27, since we plan on leaving for the drive & dinner after our museum tour, bring anything you might need (like a jacket) with you to the Corvette Museum. Also make sure you have a full tank of gas.

I'm very excited about the plant tours on Friday morning, Sept. 27. You guys will be the first tours to see the new C7s being built!!! The plant has been remodeled for the new car. This will be all new for the tour guides as well as the plant workers. Many of the workers on the line are new hires & have never had tours come through while they are building cars. I hope you enjoy your tour!

Friday, Sept. 27, since we plan on leaving for the drive & dinner after our museum tour, bring anything you might need (like a jacket) with you to the Corvette Museum. Also make sure you have a full tank of gas.

Can you provide us with a little information concerning our dinner location Friday?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom