Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

Chad .... gooooooooooooooo! You could be there if just hours! And the weather was just made for this event! It's going to be wonderful!:rocker:

We are going to come up in the afternoon for awhile. Hope we can get in. We will be looking for you all.

Dave & Diana

We are going to come up in the afternoon for awhile. Hope we can get in. We will be looking for you all.

Dave & Diana

Dave & Diana, that is great news! We will look for you and save you a spot. The XLR parking corral will be near gate #5, you can look for the 12 other XLRs there.

You may want to bring an overnight bag just in case the partying runs late into the night. See you tomorrow.:wave:

Wow! Many of the folks are here already. I picked up the Toffolo's on my way. We went to MAM and picked up our tickets, then went to Bob & Paulas. They really are hosting a GREAT event! Our mouths are already watering over the bar-be-cue. You should see the grill! We will post pictues later.

Thanks again, in advance, to Bob & Paula. They really have outdone themselves!

This is going to be a BLAST. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Bob and Paula!

Quinny and DD (and D2 and Hannah) pulled up behind us in the parking lot, when we got back to the hotel... told them we were meeting at Bob's tomorrow at 8am.

Here are a few pics before Dev & I hit the pillows.

Just some quick pix - AWESOME Party Bob & Paula!!!

Just a few pictures - to hold most of you over until Photo Girl gets her amazing pictures posted.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EVENT! Great time had by all - Bob & Paula pulled off THE Party of the year. Thank you both for all you did and for bringing this fantastic group of friends together. Memories that will last forever! :wave: :cool:

More Post Funfest Pics

Just a few more pictures.

Looks like you all had a blast. Thanks for sharing. How many vettes were there?

Speedway:wave:

Where is the picture of Corn Dog singing about the Drunken Sailor???? Hah! Thanks for making me feel like part of it ... :love:

I see new faces .... that's a good thing too .... Look's like the Leonard's have won the Host of the Year award .... :rocker:

And, the Midwest Maurader's ride off into the sunset to plot and scheme their next adventure ...... yay!

We are the new faces. Had a great time after arriving late. Thanks all for taking us in and feeding us! I can still hear Bob's canon going off in my head! He machined the barrel out of a stainless steel billet! Awesome.

Dave & Diana

Awesome weekend!

MAMFunfestBobFest10380.jpg

MAMFunfestBobFest10330.jpg

MAMFunfestBobFest10433.jpg

MAMFunfestBobFest10621.jpg

MAMFunfestBobFest10783.jpg

You know that this is more than just a group of people with the same kind of car when the words spoken, the messaged posted, and the goodbyes result in tears.

Bob

You know that this is more than just a group of people with the same kind of car when the words spoken, the messaged posted, and the goodbyes result in tears.

Bob

Well said, our sentiments, too. Can't wait to get together again.

Giz

Bob

Bob - I couldn't have put it in any finer words! This is a group of people with many things in common: We all love cars, we all love to party, but above anything else - we're FRIENDS!

Thanks again for being a fabulous host- you, Paula and Nick! Can't wait until next year ... we need to double our numbers again - 24 cars! Everyone keep your calendars open! :rocker:

Just letting everybody know we got home safely, and none of you will believe what my dad did on the way home! We stopped at a rest stop area on the tollway. And it was because I was joking around because I had been asleep so I hadn't known how close we were to home, and I said, "Oh, the Oasis, I bet if we stopped there and switched drivers, I could drive home." Well he didn't hear me so when i finished the first part of the sentence, he pulled over into the ramp up to the oasis. I was thinking, now I made him make an unessisary stop, crap, im screwed. But then he asks if I want to drive the rest of the way home. Sure it was only like 20 or so min away, but I was nervous as hell!!!:confused::confused::dunno::willy_nilly::dunno::dunno::hearseespk::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Just letting everybody know we got home safely, and none of you will believe what my dad did on the way home! We stopped at a rest stop area on the tollway. And it was because I was joking around because I had been asleep so I hadn't known how close we were to home, and I said, "Oh, the Oasis, I bet if we stopped there and switched drivers, I could drive home." Well he didn't hear me so when i finished the first part of the sentence, he pulled over into the ramp up to the oasis. I was thinking, now I made him make an unessisary stop, crap, im screwed. But then he asks if I want to drive the rest of the way home. Sure it was only like 20 or so min away, but I was nervous as hell!!!:confused::confused::dunno::willy_nilly::dunno::dunno::hearseespk::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Nervous, yes... but exhilarated, non the less!!!!!

For both me and my dad (The nervous part, I was the only one exilerated)

Cubby and Supa home (after a stop at Eddies to finish the Bears game). Thank you Bob and Paula for BobFest. Had a great time. :rocker:

Definate Name Change for Next Year!!

Another great time with our MM friends--and some new 'members' of our great group. We go to Effingham for the MAM Corvette Funfest, but after the presentation that Bob & Paula put on this weekend, it shall forever now be known as Bobfest!! I did not coin the phrase, but I heard it numerous times throughout the weekend. This will be hard to top by anyone.

We have now added to our group, and also the states we hail from--Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin. We are always looking for more, so join us for our next adventure. I think there is already something posted about our fall drive--you'll never regret it, we have fun no matter where, no matter what!!

Great pics Chicago Dave and Bruce, I'm sure there will be more to come. And a special Thanks to our hosts, Bob & Paula; this will be tough to beat, but I think you are the only ones that can do it. Looking forward to next year already!!:lol::lol:

Cubby & Supa

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back