Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Corvette and XLR show (party too!) 9/25-26/2009

My family reunion held in Lacon, Ill is the first Sunday in October so I may slip away early and come back for this event. Sounds like fun to me. First Robin

VetteFunfest.jpg

July 2009 / Issue 6217-540-4200 / www.mamotorworks.com

Wow! Can you believe Funfest is only 2 months away? We’ve been working furiously to bring you the best Funfest ever. We have many new, exciting events planned for this year that you won’t want to miss! First of all (I may not be here next year after I rub this in), but Mike Yager is going over the hill! Yes, Mike is going to be 60 this year and we’re planning a party like no other! Join the festivities at the Charity Automotive Art Party, which has been moved to Thursday night this year.

New events that you won’t want to miss are the Corvette Fun Cruise on Thursday evening, the Exhaust Sound Off Competition at Install Alley (you might want to bring your ear plugs!), and the 1st Annual All-Corvette Auction on Friday. You’ve asked for more seminars and we listened! This year, we’ve added new locations and greatly expanded the number of experts to bring you more information than you can imagine!

So get ready! It’s going to be an awesome weekend! See you there!

Perrie Richards

Funfest Communications

perrie.richards@mamotorworks.com

Mike.jpg

It’s hard to believe that I’ve been getting to enjoy my Corvette hobby at Mid America Motorworks for 35 years! When I think about all the people I’ve been blessed to call my friends through this journey, I’m truly amazed – Zora Arkus-Duntov, Larry Shinoda, Dave McLellan, Dave Hill, Tom Wallace, the list goes on and on. I’m proud and excited that my friend and Corvette Hall of Famer, Dick Guldstrand, will join us at Funfest this year. You’ll want to bring your race memorabilia for his signature.

Not only have I been blessed with good friends, but I’ve gotten to enjoy some truly amazing machines - the Mako Shark, the Grand Sports, a 1989 ZR-1 prototype, the CERV I, our newly purchased CERV IV B, the XP-819, the Corvette Challenge series race Corvettes, to name just a few. Many of these you’ll be able to see yourself at Corvette Funfest.

Funfest has grown so large that we’ve gained national attention through corporate sponsors. I’m pleased to announce that Pepsi Midamerica, Goodyear Tire, and Heacock Classic have joined forces with Mid America Motorworks to bring you the best Funfest ever!

I’m looking forward to celebrating our 35th Anniversary with you!

Hugs,
mikesignature.jpg

Chief Cheerleader
mike.yager@mamotorworks.com

Registration Fee Deadline Extended

Corvette Funfest is quickly approaching and an action-packed weekend with many new and exciting activities are planned for you!

The Saturday evening entertainment has not yet been confirmed, so we are extending the current advanced registration prices until August 31st. Prices will increase on September 1st.

Don’t delay, register today! Click Here to Register
graphicline.jpg

Funfest Events
graphicline.jpg

NEW! – 1st Annual All-Corvette Auction
If you’ve been looking for the next Corvette for your garage, look no further. Funfest 2009 will give you the opportunity to take a little fun home with you! Join us for the inaugural All-Corvette Auction on Friday afternoon. Whether you are a buyer, seller, or a spectator, you will want to participate in this must-attend event!

Consignor registration is now open. Contact our Auction Managers, Michael Yager, at Michael.yager@mamotorworks.com, 217-540-4252 or Jason Webb, at Jason.webb@mamotorworks.com, 217-540-4330.

NEW!– Corvette Fun Run
Funfest is all about enjoying your Corvette, and the “Corvette Fun Run” is a great way to start your Funfest weekend. This free road tour will leave the Funfest show grounds on Thursday afternoon at 4:00 pm and will take you on a scenic drive through the Effingham County countryside. The “Corvette Fun Run” will conclude at the Mid America Motorworks Campus.

Advance registration recommended for this FREE venue as number of cars on the tour is limited.

Call us at 800-500-1500 to Register

NEW! – Exhaust Sound-off Competition
Hundreds of exhaust installs are done each year during Funfest. Here’s your chance to let everyone hear the power of your Corvette during the 1st Annual Exhaust Sound-off Competition, held at Install Alley. You have never heard or seen an exhaust sound-off like this before! We are taking the thrill of drag racing and combining it with an exhaust sound-off. Here’s how it works.

Each day all exhaust sound-off competitors will meter their exhaust in a qualification round. Next, all competitors are placed into a competition style bracket and just like drag racing, two cars will pull up into the sound off lanes and go head to head. As the lights fall on the tree, the competitors will have 30 seconds to rev up their exhaust as loud as possible to determine who has the loudest exhaust. After several rounds of elimination and 1000’s of RPM’s, the winner will have earned a cash prize and the right to boast they have the loudest exhaust at Corvette Funfest.

Daily cash prize awards will be given to 1st - 3rd Place.

Corvette Funfest Automotive Art Exhibit Finale!
Corvette Funfest 2009 marks the fifth and final year for hosting our exclusive Automotive Art Exhibit. Please join us Thursday evening September 24th.

Proceeds from this year’s event will benefit Chip Miller’s Amyloidosis Charitable Foundation in honor of Corvette friend and co-founder of Carlisle Events, Chip Miller, as well as the Catholic Charities local 7-County Foster-Children Program.

Join us as we begin the evening by welcoming artists from all over the country. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the pieces on display, visit with the artists or perhaps design the perfect piece you would like to commission. You'll also enjoy a fabulous offering of gourmet hors d'oeuvres and a selection of wines, beer, and soft drinks.

As you know, this year celebrates a significant milestone in Mike's life and we are excited to celebrate the occasion with a "Mike Yager Birthday Wish"! Take this opportunity to join Mike's "Corvette" family to reminisce the days gone by with automotive dignitaries and some of Mike's personal friends.

Tickets Available to purchase $100 per person.
Call us at 800-500-1500 or Click here to Register
mcurve.png
News & Press
mcurve.png
Funfest Swapfest
mcurve.png
About Mike Yager
mcurve.png
Corporate Info
mcurve.png
My Garage Museum
mcurve.png
Visit Us

Bruce

Now that Tiffany is paid off I may have to get my Corsa exhaust put on. Don't tell Missy Bling, she wants new shoes.:(
Don't you think she will read this. :chuckle

Hi Guys,
We are actually beginning some preparations for the party here. I have hid the fireworks from Nick so he does not get too excited. I have to cast some more cannon balls and we have people on standby to bring food. I have advised the Miller Brewing company on the upcoming sale of beer! You know, it is the details that count!

I spoke with Perry Richards yesterday. Lori Worman is the event coordinator this year and we should have a line again like we did last year. I'll bring the tent and cooler to the show like last year. Might need a driver for my car though. Kevin drove my car and ended up buying a V as a result, so choose carefully.

Bob

Hi Guys,
We are actually beginning some preparations for the party here. I have hid the fireworks from Nick so he does not get too excited. I have to cast some more cannon balls and we have people on standby to bring food. I have advised the Miller Brewing company on the upcoming sale of beer! You know, it is the details that count!

I spoke with Perry Richards yesterday. Lori Worman is the event coordinator this year and we should have a line again like we did last year. I'll bring the tent and cooler to the show like last year. Might need a driver for my car though. Kevin drove my car and ended up buying a V as a result, so choose carefully.

Bob
Kevin can go ahead and drive your car for you he has your twin so no further harm can be done. Besides that is the only time I get the option to drive Scarlett-V and let Marc hear the pipes. :chuckle:chuckle

Missy Bling is on a houseboat on Dale Hollow until Sunday with the neighborhood desperate housewives so she won't be reading this. I can also bring my pop up canopy to Funfest. Who is bringing the blender? Rich?

Now that Tiffany is paid off I may have to get my Corsa exhaust put on. Don't tell Missy Bling, she wants new shoes.:(

Better be careful Marc, Missy Bling likes Colorado, if you aren't careful she might be living out here with you paying all of her bills and she will be buying a new pair of shoes every week. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think that I came up with some fun challanges for you guys here. It should be a GREAT Time.

Will Whit and Karen be coming? We are working on accomodations for everyone. Who else?

Bob

I'll give Whit a call and see if they can make it. You know Supa will sleep anywhere as long as there is beer close by :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope none of the challanges are log splitting :pat: Sorry me bad :(

It was great seeing you and Paula again--we have so much fun with our MM's.

I think that I came up with some fun challanges for you guys here. It should be a GREAT Time.

Will Whit and Karen be coming? We are working on accomodations for everyone. Who else?

Bob

I'm sorry we won't be able to attend. I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Kathy:cool:

B&K,
Just will not be the same without you.

Bob

Funfest 2009

Bob,

Todd & Karen emailed us and are palnning on coming down with us, so you'll need another tent!! :laugh::laugh:

Should be a fun time; they are sure to bring their famous Blue Lemonade!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom